Deua National Park-NSW

Submitted: Saturday, Aug 17, 2013 at 17:53
ThreadID: 103897 Views:2174 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Can anyone help with information about 4WD tracks going from Braidwood end of Deua National Park to Berlang camp ground? Is there access going across the river?
Thanks, Mick
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Erad - Saturday, Aug 17, 2013 at 18:13

Saturday, Aug 17, 2013 at 18:13
As far as I know, there are no 4WD roads heading into Berlang. There is a walking track from Berlang campground to the Sink Hole and then down to Marble Arch. Access to Berlang campground is via the Braidwood - Numerella road, sealed for most of that stretch.

There are some fire trails heading South from the Braidwood area. Sorry - I don't know very much about them (if they are gated etc). There is a "road" (Falcon Road) heading down from the Snowball road (Braidwood - Numerella). This brings you out ultimately at Nerrigundah in the Eurobodalla area. You then follow regular roads througth to Bodalla. The road surface is good, although steep as you descend into the gorge. At the bottom, you pass through some open pasture land near Belowra and then go back into forest area until finally crossing over a bridge to the Bodalla road.

There is also a 4WD road leading from the Snowball road down to Bendethera. This one has a few jumpups on it and is steep but quite trafficable for a normal 4WD. Both Falcon road & the Bendethera track are not gated, although the Bendethera track could be boggy if it has recently rained

AnswerID: 516586

Follow Up By: MICHAEL W3 - Thursday, Aug 29, 2013 at 21:40

Thursday, Aug 29, 2013 at 21:40
Thanks Erad. Your information was appreciated and I apologise for taking this long to reply.
Last weekend we camped at Berlang and walked to the Big Hole. We had hoped to follow a fire trail which the topographic map showed off the Cooma Road just south of Berlang but the trail goes through private farmland and there is no access to the National Park.
Another day we will approach from the eastern side of the park and look for some of the tracks that you mentioned.
Thanks again for your help.

Mick
FollowupID: 796925

Sponsored Links