Waeco cdf35 vs cfx35

Submitted: Thursday, Aug 29, 2013 at 21:42
ThreadID: 104102 Views:4359 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hello all. Looking to purchase one of the above fridge/ freezers. I'm really wanting to know what the main differences are. At the moment anaconda has the cdf35 on sale for $599, where as the cfx is roughly $850?. Is the cfx35 really that much better to justify the extra cash?.

I don't have high demands of the fridge. Camping trips away in the ute with my daughter or friends, mainly just for drinks, some dairy, bit of meat etc.i will be using a dual battery .I recently went up north of WA with a friend for a couple of weeks and borrowed a mates extremely old engel, about 14l. It was slightly on the small side but we managed, 35l will be more than big enough. Any help would be appreciated.
Grant
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Grizzle - Friday, Aug 30, 2013 at 07:23

Friday, Aug 30, 2013 at 07:23
The cfx range is more robust and the compressors are supposed to draw less power. I had one of the old 50 litre fridges and it was a bit fragile, especially the lid. My son has a cfx65 and it is better all round.

Personally I would go for the cfx if I was buying a waeco. I know dollars are important but the fidge should last a long time so the cost will eventually fade from your memory.

Good luck

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 517296

Reply By: Road Warrior - Friday, Aug 30, 2013 at 08:50

Friday, Aug 30, 2013 at 08:50
I have a CDF35, had it for a few years now and it is a great little unit, never let me down and does everything I want it to to, refrigerate, freeze etc. It is missing the bell and whistle features of the more expensive fridges and has a Chinese compressor in it, hence the price.
AnswerID: 517301

Reply By: AlbyNSW - Friday, Aug 30, 2013 at 19:53

Friday, Aug 30, 2013 at 19:53
Do they have the same warranty periods?
Regardless of brand or model I think length of warranty is an important consideration as repair costs out of warranty are often not viable
AnswerID: 517359

Sponsored Links