VW four motion transporter with center difflock

Submitted: Friday, Aug 30, 2013 at 18:28
ThreadID: 104115 Views:1683 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I have to sell my old troopy due too Family requirements...(devastating) My boss has said he will buy a work van, i have been looking at the VW transporter 4 motion with the centre difflock? does any one know anything about them? Im looking at the new Diesel models 09 onwards. I just need it for beach work primarily.. has anyone seen them in action?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: DiscoTourer - Friday, Aug 30, 2013 at 20:21

Friday, Aug 30, 2013 at 20:21
James, you will probably get lots of conflicting info from people that have heard from a mates uncles ex-wife's cousin....people that have never owned one.....that they are no good.

I have only seen one down near Whitehills and he was doing ok....but it's not as soft as some areas.

My other car is a 2008 Touareg with 4 motion and centre diff lock (either auto or locked).

In soft sand with 16-18 psi its a weapon.....but it does have a 550nm torque V6 diesel. Have taken it on beaches and in the Lancelin sand dunes over here, and you sure get lots of looks when you go past other stuck (because some warriors think they can get everywhere without letting their tyres down).

You just need to know its limits (clearance would be an issue in very soft stuff), but have the right pressures, and the right gear (if manual) and you may just do fine.

Brett.....
AnswerID: 517367

Follow Up By: james 75- Friday, Aug 30, 2013 at 22:40

Friday, Aug 30, 2013 at 22:40
Thanks Brett, yea your right about the tyre pressure, 5 years ago I went around Aus in a 76 Kombi van and got it past the lakes up to central station and out along the beach on 12 PSI. That's why I'm so keen to get back into one of these machines..
FollowupID: 797007

Reply By: gbc - Saturday, Aug 31, 2013 at 15:20

Saturday, Aug 31, 2013 at 15:20
Only on utube. I looked at the twin cab for a bit. Very little clearance and wheel travel. There is an optional high ride kit from vw., but they will still have limited application - unfortunately.
AnswerID: 517411

Sponsored Links