Super service from SUPERCHEAP

Submitted: Saturday, Aug 31, 2013 at 00:17
ThreadID: 104120 Views:2574 Replies:6 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
We spent 2 years volunteering in Fiji recently.
During that time I effectively rebuilt a day care centre for small kids.

At one time I needed an angle grinder and could not get one where we were living, but had a quick trip back to Brisbane to visit family, so resolved to get a cheap one while I was there. The local Cashies did not have one so I bought a cheap one from Supercheap.

Being in a rush, I did not even open the box until I got back to Fiji. When I did I found that the 2 disc clamping washers were missing.
I filled in the on-line complaint form on Supercheap's web site, but never expected any response.

10 days later I received a 'phone call (in Fiji). The caller apologised for the delay in responding to my complaint and assured me that he would sort something ASAP. A further email explained that they had no spares for the parts missing and a complete new angle grinder would be sent.

A week later, as promised, a new angle grinder arrived by international courier. The freight far exceeded the value of the goods.

Thank you Mr. Supercheap.

Cheers,
Peter
OKA196 Motorhome
Back Expand Un-Read 2 Moderator

Reply By: Peter_n_Margaret - Saturday, Aug 31, 2013 at 00:32

Saturday, Aug 31, 2013 at 00:32
Just checked my emails. The person who handled my problem was...

Rod Small
Online Store Manager
Supercheap Auto Online
751 Gympie Road
Lawnton, QLD, 4501
P: (07) 3482 7676
F: (07) 3482 7085
E: onlinesales@supercheapauto.com.au

Cheers,
Peter
OKA196 Motorhome
AnswerID: 517383

Follow Up By: mikehzz - Saturday, Aug 31, 2013 at 07:14

Saturday, Aug 31, 2013 at 07:14
Plot twist....Peter's surname is Small and he has a son named Rod.

Sorry Peter I couldn't resist. :-)
FollowupID: 797015

Reply By: DiscoTourer - Saturday, Aug 31, 2013 at 01:18

Saturday, Aug 31, 2013 at 01:18
Great outcome Peter. Most choose to bash on forums bad experiences, when all it takes is to complain to the powers that be.....and you have proven this works.

Can't ask for more than your outcome.

Brett.....
AnswerID: 517386

Reply By: olcoolone - Saturday, Aug 31, 2013 at 08:16

Saturday, Aug 31, 2013 at 08:16
One way to tell how customer focused businesses are is how they handle warranty claims..... years ago when I did business training for our business the guy doing the teaching spoke at length of how to turn a negative of a warranty claim into a positive.

This is a classic example and more should follow.

Most issues arise from angry customers on the attack from word GO..... but saying that there are a few and luckily only a few businesses who are the cause.

2 months ago I bought a $400 shaver from Harvey Normans at the Homemaker Centre at Gepps Cross here in Adelaide, 3-4 weeks later it came on sales for $300...... I wasn't overly concerned as it happens, we were in at Harvey Normans buying a DAB radio and I made a very quick mention of the shaver to the sales guy....... bear in mind the shaver and radio are from two totally different departments owned by two totally different people. As soon as I mentioned it to this guy he said no problems, I get someone from the other department to help you..... 2 minutes later a guy came over and obviously the other guy filled him in on the shaver and price difference....... within 20 seconds of the guy being there he said " we will look up the sale on our system and give you $110 back in cash"....... 2 minutes later we walked out with our cash and a new DAB radio. Will we go back...hell yeah!

As they say " do something good and 5 people will hear about it..... do something bad and 100 people will hear about it."
AnswerID: 517389

Follow Up By: Kris and Kev - Saturday, Aug 31, 2013 at 08:58

Saturday, Aug 31, 2013 at 08:58
You are so right. Any person or business can make a mistake; it is how they handle a complaint that is the big test. After a very bad experience with a well know tyre store recently, including them refusing to honour the company’s national price guarantee policy, I completed the company’s online complaint, that four weeks ago and have not heard a thing from them. (Maybe if the dad was still running the company and not his son it might be different.) I also do take the time to send good messages to companies when I feel they have gone above the ordinary. Kevin
FollowupID: 797019

Reply By: Bushranger1 - Saturday, Aug 31, 2013 at 08:40

Saturday, Aug 31, 2013 at 08:40
G'day all
Thanks for starting a great thumbs up thread Peter.
While we are on the subject of good service here are 2 thumbs up from me.

1. While I was working in Adelaide recently I decided to nick out at lunch time & get some new wiper blades for my car. Was in a hurry & purchased a new set from the AUTOBARN in Noarlunga. One of the guys in the store saw me get them & as I went to pay he took them outside & fitted them to my car FOC while I fixed up the bill with another employee. He was done by the time I went out to my car & they worked better than ever.

2. Went to BOB JANE in Fountain Gate Melbourne to get a flat tyre repaired & when I picked it up they said "no charge" because the brand was the Bob Jane all rounder & they would repair them FOC for the life of the tyre.
Guess where I sent my father to get new tyres when he needed some recently.

Cheers
Stu
AnswerID: 517392

Follow Up By: MUZBRY- Life member(Vic) - Saturday, Aug 31, 2013 at 09:52

Saturday, Aug 31, 2013 at 09:52
Good morning
We should suggest Bob Jane's to Mick "O" . He seems to get a few punctures.....

Muzbry
Great place to be Mt Blue Rag 27/12/2012

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 797021

Follow Up By: Bushranger1 - Saturday, Aug 31, 2013 at 10:43

Saturday, Aug 31, 2013 at 10:43
That's pretty funny!

Don't think I would put the all rounders on my Hilux but I find them fine on my Falcon that clocks up heaps of interstate kms.
FollowupID: 797023

Follow Up By: Mick O - Saturday, Aug 31, 2013 at 11:43

Saturday, Aug 31, 2013 at 11:43
Hey Harsh.....but fair!

I usually go to Beaurepaires if I can't be bothered fixing them myself. Can't complain about the service I've had from them over the years. The boys at the Alice Springs centre were excellent this year. Highly reccomend them, same with Jason and the lads at Beaurepaires in Newport (Vic).

Cheers Mick
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 797034

Follow Up By: olcoolone - Saturday, Aug 31, 2013 at 18:13

Saturday, Aug 31, 2013 at 18:13
Maybe equinox could ask them about quad tyres, or is it only a rumor!
FollowupID: 797049

Reply By: Bazooka - Saturday, Aug 31, 2013 at 19:00

Saturday, Aug 31, 2013 at 19:00
Never had any problems with Supercheap Auto products or service despite the regular appearance of people claiming they only sell rubbish and 'you get what you pay for' (lol, usually the same product with a different sticker, from the same factory, at a lower price - sometimes). More amazingly they don't check your passport or object to your skin colour, and they welcome anyone into their shop, even "new Australians". The nerve of them.
AnswerID: 517429

Reply By: SDG - Sunday, Sep 01, 2013 at 20:17

Sunday, Sep 01, 2013 at 20:17
Every store is going to have their problems, and every store is going to have their good points. One day an employee could be the best sales person you have ever seen, then one day he has a bad day, and it comes out in his service. These are the days that we all remember. These are the days that get all the bad rep on the computer.

I could guareentee that there is not a person here that has not been accused sometime in their life that they are being a grump
AnswerID: 517480

Sponsored Links