Front swaybar - extended link pins

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 10, 2004 at 09:22
ThreadID: 10414 Views:1674 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi again 8-) . . . . I am chasing some extended link pins for the front swaybar to suite my suspension lift. Finally sick of the Mav feeling like a drunken horse on the freeway. Anyway, I have seen other GQs with aftermarket adjustable length link pins - they even had a little grease nipple on them at the ball-joint end! Does anyone know a supplier of these little gems (I'm in Brissie)? They seem to be a better idea than cutting and extending the existing ones.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Roachie - Tuesday, Feb 10, 2004 at 12:59

Tuesday, Feb 10, 2004 at 12:59
G'day SupaMav,
I think the ones you're after are put out by Auto Alliance (aka Rancho). Check out their website and they've got pictures of them there. (www.rancho.com.au).
These are all designed to be "quick release" items for vehicles up to 2" lift as far as I know. Cost is about $198- per pair!! Trouble is, from what I have gathered from previous posts on this forum, they are NOT quick to re-connect......you have to get the truck on dead flat ground so the swaybar is at it's natural "resting" spot so you can re-insert the pins.
Other companies (like Big balls Off Road I think) supply even longer quick release ones, but they are the less-flash looking ones with a couple of large clips through them.
I'm still running my GU 4.2T/D with no sway bars at all and am prepared to put up with a bit of body roll (not too bad) in order to have better articulation.
Cheers,
Roachie
AnswerID: 46140

Follow Up By: SupaMav - Tuesday, Feb 10, 2004 at 14:20

Tuesday, Feb 10, 2004 at 14:20
Thanks Roachie. I wasn't after the quick disconnects, just something that can extend the length of my current link pins. I have seen some set-ups that replace the stock pin and ball-joint with a threaded bolt and after-market greasable ball joint. I reckon if I get the longer pins I won't need to worry about the disconnects (they are a pain in the bum) . . . front end articulation on the GQ's should only be slightly affected if the front swaybar is properly sorted. I don't have one on the back, and I don't plan on putting one there.
FollowupID: 308065

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, Feb 10, 2004 at 20:42

Tuesday, Feb 10, 2004 at 20:42
Give Cheezy a call at Cheezy Racing in Bayswater Melb..
AnswerID: 46211

Follow Up By: SupaMav - Tuesday, Feb 10, 2004 at 21:12

Tuesday, Feb 10, 2004 at 21:12
Will do. Ta.
FollowupID: 308118

Sponsored Links