UHF Repeater Mapping

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 10, 2004 at 17:30
ThreadID: 10424 Views:2531 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

I have been a busy bee again and have created the worlds first full dynamic online UHF Repeater Map. This new feature uses the iMapPlot toolset that I have been working on and allows you to zoom/pan and browse all the UHF repeaters on the map of Australia. I will be adding the ability to query the maps soon so you will be able to click on a repeater or select a range of repeaters and the system will produce a detailed report of your selected repeaters and also show you a query map of the items that you have selected.

Of course we can turn on the road layers and other map features to build a more rich map and these tools will be coming very soon.

Please keep the plot downloads coming into PointPlace & PlotSwap as I am wanting to us this data to also build our roads information database.

I have also rewritten the iMapPlot screen interface to hopefully make it a little easier to move around our dynamic maps. Do you have any ideas on information that we may want to map at ExplorOz? Can you help us with our trek note mapping? If you have plot files then please contact me!Regards
ExplorOz Team - David
--------------------------
Always working, not enough travelling ;-)
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Wizzy - Tuesday, Feb 10, 2004 at 18:23

Tuesday, Feb 10, 2004 at 18:23
Thanks David for a great resource.

Dennis
Westport 18ft full van
Falcon AU sedan
www.damor.net
AnswerID: 46180

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Tuesday, Feb 10, 2004 at 19:54

Tuesday, Feb 10, 2004 at 19:54
Oh and if you missed it make sure you click on the map image to launch the real dynamic mapping interface. The images on the screen are just snapshots of the mapping interface.Regards
ExplorOz Team - David
AnswerID: 46192

Reply By: Empfys - Tuesday, Feb 10, 2004 at 22:18

Tuesday, Feb 10, 2004 at 22:18
David,

I have got to say, that has got to be one of the most spectacular maps for repeaters I have seen. It's not only well presented, but it also has the call signs and the channels written next to the repeater symbol if you zoom in. Thanks for the great resource. By the way, will there ever be a downloadable version of this to use while offline or would it be a bit too advanced and large to fit for one file?
Good on ya. :)

Adam
AnswerID: 46243

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Tuesday, Feb 10, 2004 at 23:26

Tuesday, Feb 10, 2004 at 23:26
Adam,

I will be able to produce a number of versions for offline use and/or printing. Also coupled with the road and town references. If you look at some of our dynamic mapped trek notes (Gibb river, Mitchell falls, several other WA treks, couple from NT and SA) you will see the UHF repeaters shown on those maps also.

Our maps will also be geo-referenced for use in OziExplorer and similar programs. It all takes time I am working on building the datasets at the moment as we go through the ExplorOz site and add GSP positions to all our data. This process will then mean that everything on the site will be referenced to a real world location and will be supported with the ability to run off real maps in real time (MOD - Maps On Demand) and produce maps and position lists that will be able to be used to assist in safe and informed outback travel. I will also be able to complete my pet project of being able to search the ExplorOz entire site by using Lat Long locations or select box on a map.

Sounds like an ad for my own products - well it is I guess. I write these tools and functions with the hope that one of them will make us some real money. We live and hope anyway.Regards
ExplorOz Team - David
FollowupID: 308147

Reply By: Member - Ruth D (QLD) - Wednesday, Feb 11, 2004 at 11:34

Wednesday, Feb 11, 2004 at 11:34
David, this will be terrific. I can't wait to try it out but, as you know, being blonde and old, might be difficult. Thank goodness Andrew and Jen are going to give me GPS/Mapping lessons when they get here. Serious question - do I need to upgrade anything to be able to get the Repeater Map?
AnswerID: 46307

Follow Up By: Member - Ruth D (QLD) - Friday, Feb 13, 2004 at 16:59

Friday, Feb 13, 2004 at 16:59
Sorry David, Ditzy found even she could do it.
FollowupID: 308486

Sponsored Links