anyone experienced shody work from BOB JANE TMARTS

Submitted: Sunday, Apr 28, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1044 Views:4625 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
in my case, first with me, where the fitter chipped off chunks from my perfect alloys not just one but all five wheels!!! ok no big deal. secondly was my brother and different branch bob jane tmart and this is scary because three days after fitting new tyres we headed off and reached our destination 600k later. now it was time to get into 4x4 to explore some and there was a most hideous noise coming from the front diff?? after much time assesing what could be wrong we decided to check the brakes we thought maybe something rubbing the wheel, brake whatever, to my amazement the left hand front wheel was loose and only two out of six wheel nuts holding the wheel, how it stayed on during the trip is beyond me. now it turns out the idiot who fitted the wheels did so with the air gun staight on the stud threading six nuts and rooting four studs beyound repair which was later replaced by bob jane. now this could have been a fatal holiday for my brother and may be some one innocent. nothing happened except inconvenience, but i wonder about the credibility / quality control of bob jane tmarts.

charl
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Vaughan Clark - Tuesday, Apr 30, 2002 at 00:00

Tuesday, Apr 30, 2002 at 00:00
Charl

Bob Jane T-Marts pride themselves on quality control and providing excellent customer service. It is our priority to ensure the safety of our customers and other vehicles on the road. All T-Marts have extensive knowledge about 4WD tyres as with our other products and services.

I would like to ensure that these incidents are investigated and ask you to contact me directly on (03) 9329 9833.

Vaughan Clark
National Sales and Marketing Manager
AnswerID: 3232

Reply By: charl makssi - Tuesday, Apr 30, 2002 at 00:00

Tuesday, Apr 30, 2002 at 00:00
greetings vaughan

regrettably this really did happen, to my surprise, as my family have been customers 15 years for tmarts. however disapointed i was over my wheels i was horrified with my brothers case the situation could have been calamitous. certainly expect a call from me.

regards charl
AnswerID: 3234

Reply By: Bob - Wednesday, May 01, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, May 01, 2002 at 00:00
I have bought several sets of tyres from the local T mart and have been very satisfied with the service and support. No matter how careful the individual store owner is (The owner can't check every wheel nut.)there will always be rogue staff who either have bad days or are systematically bad. Good managers will be right onto these people and take appropriate action. So while the separate episodes that Charl reports are really bad, unless they formed a pattern that was not remedied it is probably not appropriate to tar all outlets or the whole chain with the same brush.
AnswerID: 3261

Follow Up By: Charl Makssi - Wednesday, May 01, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, May 01, 2002 at 00:00
valid point bob. i won't enter into a debate, just an unfortunate incident.
FollowupID: 1317

Reply By: Greg - Thursday, May 02, 2002 at 00:00

Thursday, May 02, 2002 at 00:00
Got some tyres and wheel for my 4wd and was very pleased with the service from Bob-Jane. However my commodore needed some new rubber and upon driving it home noticed a knocking feel/sound coming from the suspension. At first they told me there was nothing wrong, but after leaving it with them to fix. The knocking had gone, but they said they found nothing wrong Amazing. I wonder what it really was? Glad they fixed it but it was an inconviece. Know of another case like yours Charl, chipped mags and over tightned nuts. Poor workmanship is all it comes down too.
AnswerID: 3288

Follow Up By: Paul - Sunday, Jun 09, 2002 at 00:00

Sunday, Jun 09, 2002 at 00:00
i agree it is poor workmanship BUT anyone who dosent check there wheel nuts themselves befor leaving the shop aint to bright themselves because you not only get loose nuts but they can just as easyly be overtight
FollowupID: 1757

Sponsored Links