Fishing License in WA

Hi all,

Not being a real fisho, am I correct in assuming you only need a recreational fishing license in WA if you are fishing from a boat.

I know you need one for marron, abalone and fresh water fishing etc...
I know there are bag limits.

Is beach fishing exempt?

Regards

Barry H
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Tuesday, Oct 22, 2013 at 18:28

Tuesday, Oct 22, 2013 at 18:28
Barry,

Yes beach fishing is exempt and you only need an RBFL (Recreational Boat Fishing License) if fishing from a boat.

I will link in the WA Fishing rules page to your thread for further information.
David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 520209

Follow Up By: Member - Barry H (WA) - Tuesday, Oct 22, 2013 at 18:32

Tuesday, Oct 22, 2013 at 18:32
Thanks David,

I appreciate that.

BH
FollowupID: 800636

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Tuesday, Oct 22, 2013 at 18:44

Tuesday, Oct 22, 2013 at 18:44
NO worries and it was timely as there was an update for the rules document links which I have put into the article now so it is also fully up to date.
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 800638

Reply By: Member - Odog - Tuesday, Oct 22, 2013 at 18:37

Tuesday, Oct 22, 2013 at 18:37
G"day Barry , I was over that way last Xmas, visiting my son, we did a 3 week trip around the sw, he said similar to what you have said, we didn't need to get a licence, only fished of rocks and beach. Not sure about fresh water, he and a mate went camping month or so ago, and threw a rod in, had a ranger call on them, nothing was said. He said there were marron every where, but was out of season, so we're putting them back. Probably better to talk to the authorities and check for sure. When we did our trip, we did get pulled up for having the rods in the holders on bull bar, the hassles of one piece rods.. Hope this helps. Cheers. Odog
Some people want it to happen, some people wish it could happen, others make it happen!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 520210

Reply By: get outmore - Tuesday, Oct 22, 2013 at 19:08

Tuesday, Oct 22, 2013 at 19:08
already pretty much answred

license required for freshwater, for marron (vey restrictive season) and for boating

basically for shore based sea fishing - NO

also if like me you carry an opera house net in the back amongst other gear its technically an offense to be withing 50m of a marron waters (most waters in the SW)

not that ive ever been pulled up on that
AnswerID: 520214

Sponsored Links