Christmas Break where to go?

Submitted: Friday, Nov 08, 2013 at 16:13
ThreadID: 105050 Views:1530 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi everyone,

I need some help regarding where to go during the Christmas break. We originally had plans to go to New Zealand, but due to work load can't take as much time off as we would have liked too.

We live on the Sunny coast and would like to go camping close by perhaps upto 3hours drive. We've got 4 children twins (nearly 3), 10 & 13yo. Any idea's would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Landy - Friday, Nov 08, 2013 at 16:47

Friday, Nov 08, 2013 at 16:47
Hey Womble

You probably not giving the forum enough information to work with. I'm sure you'll get a lot more response if you can some more detail on where you are, what sort of places you like to see etc.

I'm assuming the "sunny coast" might mean the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, but it could mean anywhere around the circumference of Oz...

Cheers!
AnswerID: 521127

Follow Up By: equinox - Friday, Nov 08, 2013 at 22:28

Friday, Nov 08, 2013 at 22:28
Sunny Coast is in Western Australia, where the sun sets over the ocean. :-)

Looking for adventure.
In whatever comes our way.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 801778

Reply By: disco driver - Friday, Nov 08, 2013 at 20:34

Friday, Nov 08, 2013 at 20:34
Seeing as it IS Friday, here's my suggestion, for what it's worth.

People go camping to get away from "it all".

At Christmas everyone goes camping to get away from "it all", however everyone goes to the same places as everyone else so "it all" comes to wherever you camp.

My suggestion is :- Stay home and enjoy Christmas there and then go camping when everyone else has gone home. That way you can get away from "it all" in peace and quiet.

Don't worry about the kids and schooling, they will soon catch up with what's been taught in their absence.

Disco.
AnswerID: 521145

Reply By: Rob d b. - Saturday, Nov 09, 2013 at 13:27

Saturday, Nov 09, 2013 at 13:27
Go to coral bay if it's not too far. Love it there. Great for out doors and kids. Were driving down from Hedland this Christmas.
AnswerID: 521168

Reply By: Evesan - Tuesday, Nov 12, 2013 at 17:33

Tuesday, Nov 12, 2013 at 17:33
Depending on your location, how about if I suggest you should go mountain climbing with the kids? It's not costly and teaches them to love nature. If it's too much of a hassle you can always go to amusement parks :-)
AnswerID: 521305

Reply By: womble - Wednesday, Nov 13, 2013 at 14:21

Wednesday, Nov 13, 2013 at 14:21
Sorry Everyone might help if I do give you further details.

We live on the sunshine coast Queensland and don't want to travel too far away up to 2hrs preferred. We will be taking our family tent so we don't require power but we are looking for somewhere that has water for swimming, fishing or kayaking. And also needs to be pet friendly as our beloved dog will be coming with us.

So any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again & hope these details helped :-)
AnswerID: 521365

Sponsored Links