VMS 700HD

Submitted: Friday, Nov 15, 2013 at 11:11
ThreadID: 105139 Views:1451 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
HI
I have a VMS 700HDGPS and wanting to save my plotted routes to my PC as a back up. The reason that I ask this is that I can not plot any new routes as the unit tells me that I have too many via points. I would appreciate your feed back if you have one of these units & encountered this same problem.

Regards
Kelvin
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - PJR (NSW) - Friday, Nov 15, 2013 at 12:51

Friday, Nov 15, 2013 at 12:51
Okay. Not sure how to approach this without knowing what you have on the card.

Personally remove all old tracks and put them on the PC or laptop. Get rid of them from the card. Only have the maps for the area and only the track files for the current trip or even just the current week or day. I only have what is appropriate for the current trip.

There is plenty of room on our 32Gb card for all maps of the area I go to and for the whole weeks planned and daily track files.

And I don't use waypoints. I just run along the route that I am taking making heaps of track points, save this as a track file and then when needed I load it into track number 2 and just follow the line it draws.

Does that help at all?

I made a "working card" where I got rid of heaps of the VMS off road and street navigation files and just kept enough to enable the box to boot and for Ozi to run. In three years I have only used street nav in the car twice. Once to Surfers and once to the sons new house in Adelaide. Not worth me keeping those two applications and paying for updates that I won't use.

Phil
AnswerID: 521497

Reply By: Member - PJR (NSW) - Friday, Nov 15, 2013 at 12:53

Friday, Nov 15, 2013 at 12:53
Second thoughts:

Have you tried splitting the planned route up into sections and only use each section as you go? Not sure what you mean by "my plotted routes" and "too many via points".

Phil
AnswerID: 521499

Sponsored Links