Tilt drop down fridge vs drop down fridge

Submitted: Saturday, Nov 30, 2013 at 13:39
ThreadID: 105321 Views:10790 Replies:8 FollowUps:29
This Thread has been Archived
G'day all

The dried arrangement wants a drop down fridge slide (should never let her go to 4wd shows lol), anyway I've come across a product call Basha tilt fridge slide.

Has anyone had any experience with this slide?.

It looks a bit unusual and only has a capacity for 100kg weight, but that would be more than enough to hold a 40 ltr Engel.

It's a pity Engel didn't make a side opening option.

Look forward to your replies.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: AlbyNSW - Saturday, Nov 30, 2013 at 15:08

Saturday, Nov 30, 2013 at 15:08
Boo Boo I have not seen that one before but I like the concept, I made one myself with a similar principal.
What I don't like with the other full drop slide types available is that they are quite heavy and they need a lot more room to function than a standard slide does. So the Basha one would be better from those points of view. IMO
AnswerID: 522376

Follow Up By: Iain M - Saturday, Nov 30, 2013 at 16:13

Saturday, Nov 30, 2013 at 16:13
Boo Boo. I also made a tilt version of a fridge slide we had and it worked fine but now have a drop slide and is a vast improvement.
The tilt slide is a PITA as everything wants to slide to the lower end when tilted so dividers cable tied to the basket helps with that.
It also had to be put back level every time so when getting stuff out we put it back level, forget something slide it out and tilt it again. Also fridges like to be level so we didn't leave it tilted for too long.
With the drop slide we lower it when we get to a lunch stop or camp etc. and leave it there until we pack up, very easy to use.
They are heavy for sure and expensive, we use ours often so the negatives are outweighed by the convenience.
FollowupID: 803402

Follow Up By: Member - PJR (NSW) - Wednesday, Dec 04, 2013 at 07:39

Wednesday, Dec 04, 2013 at 07:39
Very good point about things sliding to the front. I don't have one and from past experiences with this problem I would be tempted to throw the thing out. Ooooh I hate that.

Sorry to those who like the tilt model but as you gather I wouldn't touch one.

Phil
FollowupID: 803628

Reply By: John and Regina M - Saturday, Nov 30, 2013 at 16:39

Saturday, Nov 30, 2013 at 16:39
Boo boo...
Is this your life partner you're talking about or a piece of bleep in the garden?

A simple cynical observation would lead many to think you consider them one and the same.

Please say I'm wrong.
AnswerID: 522380

Follow Up By: Member - Boo Boo (NSW) - Saturday, Nov 30, 2013 at 17:24

Saturday, Nov 30, 2013 at 17:24
Oh, I do love people that take the high moral groung when ther is none.

FollowupID: 803414

Follow Up By: Member - John and Val - Saturday, Nov 30, 2013 at 17:48

Saturday, Nov 30, 2013 at 17:48
J&R,

I've occasionally done a double take at Boo Boos "terms of endearment" too!

I think its a good example of things that might come out OK if spoken (especially if in the presence of those who are the subject of the description) but really just don't cut it in cyberspace. I guess many of us have affectionate terms that we use to our nearest and dearest. Maybe within family or close friends such terms are understood and are acceptable. But I would never ever use them when speaking to the world at large!

Maybe I see where BB is coming from, but more generally on here (and probably other forums too) people of the non-male gender are frequently referred to in quite disparaging terms - as if we were invisible or worse. Now if the boot was on the other foot I wonder how those put-down descriptions would be received? Mostly they are not funny.

Cheers,

Val.
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 803421

Follow Up By: Member - Boo Boo (NSW) - Saturday, Nov 30, 2013 at 18:00

Saturday, Nov 30, 2013 at 18:00
Val

My darling wife has some terms of endearment for me that some people that didn't know us would be a bit worried about.

I have been using the term DA for some time now and most people realise I use it as a term of affection.

My wife ( I don't like the term partner lol) is a highly respected doctor and like me is not offended by aussie humour.

I am too old to change my ways and the DA has only managed to knock the rough edges off.

Having said the above I still love the dried arrangement.

Thanks Val.
FollowupID: 803422

Follow Up By: AlbyNSW - Saturday, Nov 30, 2013 at 18:05

Saturday, Nov 30, 2013 at 18:05
For goodness sake you people lighten up. Surely his actions speak louder than words, Boo boo has already demonstrated that with his willingness to please his partner by wanting to meet her requests.
You can say all the nice and politically correct words you like to appease the masses but still be a wife basher, kiddie fiddler etc
I have viewed Boo Boo's description of his partner as a term of endearment
FollowupID: 803424

Follow Up By: Member - Boo Boo (NSW) - Saturday, Nov 30, 2013 at 18:13

Saturday, Nov 30, 2013 at 18:13
Alby

Thank you

Bob
FollowupID: 803425

Follow Up By: John and Regina M - Saturday, Nov 30, 2013 at 18:35

Saturday, Nov 30, 2013 at 18:35
I understand.
But I would never, ever, ever, refer to my partner/spouse/wife/girlfriend/etc as a DA.

Nor would I refer to them as 'she who must be obeyed', ( or 'he' if it applied) regardless of my interpretation of the phrase. A term of endearment not on your life, a plain packaged insult if ever there were one. And when originally written, designed as an insult.

As mentioned, some things are better left at home, as personal approaches and names are just that. Personal.

But I appreciate some are not as thin skinned as I. And have different standards of applying respect for others.

Cheers.
FollowupID: 803427

Follow Up By: Kanga1 - Saturday, Nov 30, 2013 at 19:26

Saturday, Nov 30, 2013 at 19:26
John and Regina, there are rules for this Forum 'Foul Language' being one of them 'Off Topic' being another, I don't think there is one for how you refer to your Wife/Husband/Life Partner, maybe there should be some guidelines, maybe not. Living in a Country with Freedom of Speech can be hard to deal with sometimes. Cheers, Kanga.
Tempus Fugit

Kanga.

FollowupID: 803433

Follow Up By: Member - John and Val - Saturday, Nov 30, 2013 at 20:05

Saturday, Nov 30, 2013 at 20:05
Hi Boo Boo,

Thank you for your considered response.

Cheers,

Val.
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 803434

Follow Up By: cookie1 - Sunday, Dec 01, 2013 at 13:07

Sunday, Dec 01, 2013 at 13:07
Good God people, get a life - no offence to the religious ones here

Boo Boo, dried arrangement - that's so funny LMAO

yep people have told me ho my wife & I weren't going to last by the way we speak to each other yet here we are another 19 years later still going strong.

If you can't have a laugh and a barb at each other then maybe you need to lighten up and enjoy life as some of us aren't here for much longer.

cheers
FollowupID: 803470

Reply By: Shaker - Saturday, Nov 30, 2013 at 17:20

Saturday, Nov 30, 2013 at 17:20
Engel Eclipse is side opening, left or right.

AnswerID: 522382

Follow Up By: Member - Boo Boo (NSW) - Saturday, Nov 30, 2013 at 17:33

Saturday, Nov 30, 2013 at 17:33
G'day Shaker

Unfortunately ours is not that model.

It boiled down to getting another fridge or the slide.

To those that addressed my question Thank you for your helpful replies.

I've measured the space available and can fit it in the back without a problem, so the order will go in today.

The dried arrangement is also a good supervisor when it comes to these things.LOL

FollowupID: 803417

Follow Up By: Member - Boo Boo (NSW) - Saturday, Nov 30, 2013 at 17:38

Saturday, Nov 30, 2013 at 17:38
Sorry

I should have said that I am going for the normal drop down slide.
FollowupID: 803419

Reply By: Life Member-Doug T NSW - Sunday, Dec 01, 2013 at 04:26

Sunday, Dec 01, 2013 at 04:26
Noel K in Darwin made his own, it is really well made , I'll bring his notice to this thread , he might add some photo's .

gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 522395

Reply By: Slow one - Sunday, Dec 01, 2013 at 05:20

Sunday, Dec 01, 2013 at 05:20
Boo Boo,

I came from years of crawling up into the back of a vehicle to open the fridge. After getting a new vehicle, I installed a drop down fridge slide on top of the roller draws. Although heavy it is one of the best pieces of gear I have ever used, and makes life so much easier.

I hope I have made no mistakes or spelling errors in my reply and have not offended anyone by saying, always remember Boo Boo when referring to the wrinkled one.

Marriage is a relationship in which one person is always right and the other is the HUSBAND.

AnswerID: 522397

Reply By: Allan B (Member, SunCoast) - Sunday, Dec 01, 2013 at 15:39

Sunday, Dec 01, 2013 at 15:39
Dear Val,

I have thought long about this and would really like to help you out by agreeing with your sentiments regarding the form of address of one's wife, or anyone else for that matter. However, I am between a Rock and a Hard Place on this.

You see I really do want to retain some respect from my male fellow Forumites, if I ever did have any, so to express any opprobrium would likely get me sent to Coventry!
On the other hand, I did show Roz this thread and hung my head for husbands all. What a quandary.

I suppose I could pose as one of the red necked misogynists who anonymously inhabit forums and so receive acclaim from some of the congregation but then I would have to maintain that masquerade indefinitely.

Perhaps I could just declare that not only do I absolutely love, adore and respect my wife but I also like to have everyone else be aware of that, so I acknowledge her existence with expressions that make that very clear. Roz may not be a highly respected medical practitioner but they don't come any better as you would know.
Besides, some things are not really humorous anyway, except to misogynists.

So the reader will simply have to make their own judgement on me.

Oh, and by the way, Roz is not looking over my shoulder as I write this. But I'm sure she will endorse it when she does read it.

Incidentally, as you are aware Val, Roz is petite but spunky and woe betide any fellow that meets her on the track and refers to her in a disparaging manner!

Cheers
Allan

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 522415

Follow Up By: Member - Boo Boo (NSW) - Sunday, Dec 01, 2013 at 18:05

Sunday, Dec 01, 2013 at 18:05
Allan

I am not a woman hater as your post seems to imply, nor do I get upset if I get critical comments. I apologies if I have misread your reply.

I don't expect people to agree with everything I say or do.

Likewise I don't agree with everything that other people do or say.

It's their choice and right to express themselves.

What I do is try not is get aggressive and reduce my comments to a personal attack.

While I don't agree with some of what you have said I will still read what you have to say, (as most of it over the years has been good advice).

Finally, if people don't like what I say perhaps they could keep their BP down by not reading my threads.

Sorry about being so long winded with this reply.

FollowupID: 803493

Follow Up By: AlbyNSW - Sunday, Dec 01, 2013 at 18:51

Sunday, Dec 01, 2013 at 18:51
Seeing as well I have already stuck my nose in this thread, I may as well do it again. A couple of points;

-Why hasn't anyone had a dig at BooBoo's wife for what she calls him?
- why have some jumped to the conclusion that the nickname is a sexist taunt?
- Why if his wife is fine with her nickname should others take offence when the term is not being directed at them?

However if his wife took offence I would be just as quick to stick it to Booboo for his disrespectful actions. I appreciate that others may not use such a term and is not acceptable in their relationship so would be disrespectful to do so but if it is all good in Booboo's world why should others who are not involved other than reading his account judge?

I know nothing about Booboo, never met the man, I just understand where he is coming from that is all.
I have been with my wife for over twenty five years NEVER had an argument as we understand each other 100% I would give up my life for her and she would do the same for me. We have always had nicknames for each other, often not PC but always said in love. That is how we roll and it works for us and nobody is going to tell us we are doing it wrong.
What is wrong with each to their own?

FollowupID: 803497

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Sunday, Dec 01, 2013 at 19:01

Sunday, Dec 01, 2013 at 19:01
While Boo Boo's wife doesn't rate a mention I would have to say these dried arrangements are all quiet beautiful...

Dried Arrangements..

Not sure what the fuss is about.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 803498

Follow Up By: Allan B (Member, SunCoast) - Sunday, Dec 01, 2013 at 19:30

Sunday, Dec 01, 2013 at 19:30
Bob,
My post was really directed to Val. It was written with tongue rather firmly in cheek although there may well be some home truths within it.

Certainly not a personal attack on you. Just the way I see it and behave. Less than favourable personal labels seem to be one of the habits of misogynists so I would certainly avoid using them for fear of being so branded. But just one questionable expression does not a misogynist make. Should I have appended a LOL?

I personally respect you and thanks for the praise re "good advice".
As you said, it is peoples right to express themselves, and if they do, they may expect others to also express critical response. And as you would know, I have received plenty of that in the past. I never make critical attack upon a person, only on what they may state.

Best wishes Mate.

Cheers
Allan

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 803499

Follow Up By: Member - Boo Boo (NSW) - Sunday, Dec 01, 2013 at 20:05

Sunday, Dec 01, 2013 at 20:05
Thanks for your replies gentlemen they are really appreciated.

That includes yours as well Allen LOL

Yes, an LOL would have done the trick.

FollowupID: 803505

Follow Up By: Member - John and Val - Sunday, Dec 01, 2013 at 20:59

Sunday, Dec 01, 2013 at 20:59
This was written in response to Allan - while composing it the other responses have come in. Please note gentlmen, I am writing as a mature woman, one of the 15% of female users of this site. If this was a men only forum maybe(?) none of this would matter - but its a general forum and surprise! female users may have a different point of view.

Hi Allan,

You really do lead me into the depths of off-topicism, but at the risk of being hounded by the moderators or by those who can offer no better castigation, I will risk a reply. But first I had to lighten up, so I went and gave Troopy a thorough cut and polish LOL.

I think I should thank you for your response, and take it as a positive sign. However, I would not wish to jeopardise your standing with your “male fellow Forumites”, so for your sake I’ll just make it a qualified thanks! I also am decidedly of the opinion that any pose you tried as a “red necked misogynist” would be seen through pretty quickly, so maybe you should not attempt such a masquerade.

I have seen the affection between you and Roz, but the point is that on this forum I have only ever seen you refer to her as Roz, which is as respectful as you can be. Likewise John and I in public use each other’s names. In private we have our own jokey names – but the joke would be lost on anybody else so we only use them privately.

I guess my main point (from which I do not resile) is that there is a big difference between what can be said on a public forum without risk of misunderstanding, and what is said privately face to face. As another poster pointed out in a recent thread the bulk of communication is non-verbal (body language). That non verbal component is missing on-line, so it’s easy to misinterpret things written in cyberspace.

On this forum I have seen women (mostly wives/partners I guess) referred to by all sorts of epithets: The Child Bride, the Old Woman, the Missus, the ball and chain, ‘Er Upstairs, She who must be obeyed, the wife, the handbrake, the navigator, the minister for war and finances and so on. All intended as a joke no doubt, no disrespect intended – but how do we know? Do the subjects of these epithets even know they are being so described? To a stranger such references aren’t flattering, and jokes cease to be funny when repeated add nauseum. What’s wrong with calling someone Sue or Mary or Sally?

I have lived and worked in predominantly male environments all my life, and can usually see when “jokes” get out of hand, often due to peer pressure. I do know that most men – including your good self, John and my 3 wonderful sons – are good, kind and thoughtful people. But there are a few who find it amusing to be disrespectful. Like Roz, I will not tolerate being treated in a disparaging manner, and have reached a point in life where I reckon that, for the sake of my grand-daughters at least I am prepared to call disrespect when I see it.

Respectfully,

Cheers,

Val.

J and V
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 803512

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Sunday, Dec 01, 2013 at 21:59

Sunday, Dec 01, 2013 at 21:59
This post has been read by the moderation team and has been moderated due to a breach of The Post Removed by Request Rule .

Forum Moderation Team
FollowupID: 803515

Follow Up By: Slow one - Monday, Dec 02, 2013 at 05:51

Monday, Dec 02, 2013 at 05:51
I reckon it is very simple.

" I was never came into this world to live up to your expectations, and you never came here to live up to mine"

Now back to the fridge slide.
FollowupID: 803522

Reply By: Member - Boo Boo (NSW) - Tuesday, Dec 03, 2013 at 18:48

Tuesday, Dec 03, 2013 at 18:48
I received the 'drop down slide 40' this morning and started to fit it this afternoon.

I ran into trouble almost straight away with the instructions.

I put the handle on without a problem.

However, the instructions are silent about the brackets that the handle clips into when the fridge is in the 'travel position.

The clips are black plastic attached to a blue bracket. There are 3 slotted holes in the bracket and 2 round holes in the arm.

I can only get one of the slotted holes to line up with the round holes. Is this normal or should I some how be able to line up 2 holes.

The rest of the installation seems straight forward.

Help would be appreciated. lol

AnswerID: 522528

Follow Up By: Slow one - Tuesday, Dec 03, 2013 at 19:16

Tuesday, Dec 03, 2013 at 19:16
Boo Boo,
If no one answers you I will take and post a photo, if I can remember my photo bucket account. Not being a member that will be the only way I can add a photo.
FollowupID: 803611

Follow Up By: Member - Boo Boo (NSW) - Tuesday, Dec 03, 2013 at 19:42

Tuesday, Dec 03, 2013 at 19:42
Thanks Slow one, The instruction booklet shows fig 1, fig 2, then jumps to fig 6 &7, I think the missing fig 3,4,5 are the missing link.

FollowupID: 803612

Follow Up By: Slow one - Tuesday, Dec 03, 2013 at 20:22

Tuesday, Dec 03, 2013 at 20:22
Boo Boo,
from memory I don't think there was a diagram as it took me a while to get the brackets in the right position. I will try and load photo, haven't done this in a whileurl=http://s218.photobucket.com/user/Rockape8/media/Driversside.jpg.html?filters[user]=52837987&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=3]Fridge slide bracket[/url]

The photo is of the drivers side
FollowupID: 803617

Follow Up By: Member - Boo Boo (NSW) - Wednesday, Dec 04, 2013 at 06:57

Wednesday, Dec 04, 2013 at 06:57
G'day slow one

I think I've worked it out.

I had another look this morning and the black clip is on a slotted hole. None of my spanners are small enough to fit the nut so I'll wait til shops open.

It should then be a matter of sliding the clip to the right spot. That's the theory anyway. lol

Will post the end result, securing the slide to the floor won't take long.

FollowupID: 803627

Follow Up By: Slow one - Wednesday, Dec 04, 2013 at 07:52

Wednesday, Dec 04, 2013 at 07:52
Boo Boo,
just leave the black clips a little loose. They will then find where they want to sit, so the handle can latch into the clip properly.

You may have to coach the handle into the clips for awhile. Now I never have a problem with it latching.

Also, once you get the load of the fridge onto the slide it will drop down easily.
FollowupID: 803629

Reply By: Member - Boo Boo (NSW) - Wednesday, Dec 04, 2013 at 13:33

Wednesday, Dec 04, 2013 at 13:33
Well. The job is now complete except for the installation of the fridge which will be done just before we leave Wagga in a couple of weeks as it is being used in the house as an additional freezer.

Thanks Alby for the photos and hint about the black clips.

AnswerID: 522551

Follow Up By: Slow one - Wednesday, Dec 04, 2013 at 14:48

Wednesday, Dec 04, 2013 at 14:48
Boo Boo,
been called lots of things but never Alby.

very slow one. LOL.
FollowupID: 803640

Follow Up By: Member - Boo Boo (NSW) - Wednesday, Dec 04, 2013 at 17:15

Wednesday, Dec 04, 2013 at 17:15
Slow one

my humble apologies.

Thank goodness you are not easily upset. LOL

I really am sorry.

Anyway Slow one you were very helpful.
FollowupID: 803645

Follow Up By: AlbyNSW - Wednesday, Dec 04, 2013 at 17:33

Wednesday, Dec 04, 2013 at 17:33