Forum Improvements

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 30, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1058 Views:1576 Replies:9 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
Thanks Again All who submitted on Topic 1024,Some of you will already see the feedback in action with larger input boxes, better fonts, and now 30 questions per page. Some on the other improvements require more thought but we will look into every one so ensure that you let us know.Please keep the feedback coming in and we will make the system even better.Regards David
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ryan - Wednesday, May 01, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, May 01, 2002 at 00:00
Hi, just thought id let you know, i just had a problem replying to a message under Internet Explorer 4.0

It kept saying i need to put more information in the 'Answer' field. There is no 'Answer' field, so i tired it on Netscape
and it worked fine

tar

Ryan
AnswerID: 3254

Follow Up By: Exploroz Team - David - Wednesday, May 01, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, May 01, 2002 at 00:00
Ryan,Thanks there is a known bug with IE 4.01 unless you apply a script patch - I do not even know if this still available from MS but there is no way that I can fix it. The message saying answer is the field that you are typing in the response. I would suggest that you upgrade from IE 4.0 to either 5.5 SP2 or 6.0 as the browsing experience is much better in these versions.Thanks for the feedback David
FollowupID: 1315

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Thursday, May 02, 2002 at 00:00

Thursday, May 02, 2002 at 00:00
This is a test reply - I have sent this to test changes to the system. Please ignore.
AnswerID: 3274

Follow Up By: Exploroz Team - David - Thursday, May 02, 2002 at 00:00

Thursday, May 02, 2002 at 00:00
This is also a followup test. Please ignore
FollowupID: 1324

Reply By: Cobra - Friday, May 03, 2002 at 00:00

Friday, May 03, 2002 at 00:00
David,
Ya dun good, I like it

Cheers
AnswerID: 3298

Reply By: Steve - Friday, May 03, 2002 at 00:00

David,

A question about the forum (and it is most excellent)

How come your posts are formatted (ie brakes between line etc) and oour post are not (ie line brakes are ignored). Being a computer techo it has intrigued me. Catcha Later :)
AnswerID: 3300

Follow Up By: Exploroz Team - David - Friday, May 03, 2002 at 00:00

Steve,It's called an un-documented feature in computer terms. I allow for the use of some HTML tags in the forum. the P and BR tags are accepted in the system meaning Paragraph and Break Row (I think). It is however a good point maybe I will change the code to pickup CRLF's and convert them to BR. This would be the easiest way to give better formatting.Please note however I do not want to many tags in use in the system so please be sparing in your usage. I will test the CRLF conversion today maybe. I am currently writing a completly new stats management system for our advertisers at the moment. Hopefully with better stats information we may be able to attract more advertisers thus helping to pay for me to spend the huge hours to make the site better.Thanks for the feedback I will post a message when I add the CRLF code to the system. David
FollowupID: 1339

Reply By: Tim Fitzgerald - Saturday, May 04, 2002 at 00:00

Saturday, May 04, 2002 at 00:00
David The forum is great thanks to your hard work,but the print in the trader section is too small,can it be the same as the text in the forum???

otherwise just right.
AnswerID: 3329

Follow Up By: Exploroz Team - David - Sunday, May 05, 2002 at 00:00

Sunday, May 05, 2002 at 00:00
Tim,I have been scheduled to rewrite the Trader for a few weeks now. Michelle and I have been talking about how to make it better. I will hopefully be starting this soon. At the moment I have been busy with a complete rewrite of the customer statistics systems and also a full rewrite of the online Adventure shop. I am hoping to get these two completed this week and then start work on the trader. Thanks for the feedback on the font size. I am also expecting to make it easier to use and have a better index to allow you to select for sales/wanted's that are close to your location etc. If you can think of anything specific to the Trader or any other area for that matter please feel free to post to this question or send me an email.Regards David
FollowupID: 1359

Reply By: Rob - Tuesday, May 14, 2002 at 00:00

Tuesday, May 14, 2002 at 00:00
ExplorOz Team

Going against the trend here but it would be good to post the most recent responses to a thread at the beginning,saving time going through the posts to find the responses of interest. If someone answers eg someone new then the original thread is lost in the boondocks never to be seen again.

Cheers Rob
AnswerID: 3535

Follow Up By: Exploroz Team - David - Tuesday, May 14, 2002 at 00:00

Tuesday, May 14, 2002 at 00:00
Thanks Rob,I have actually already got this one on the schedule however, it will be an optional button you can hit on the page (in the same area as the search/active archive buttons). I am about to publish a huge rewrite of most of the site on Wednesday night (you may not see much difference - other than speed and shop ordering however) so after I fight with the urgent issues that this update causes I will get onto it. There are a few things that are needed in the forum and I will attempt to getthem all updated ASAP.Thanks Again David
FollowupID: 1428

Reply By: Sam - Wednesday, May 15, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, May 15, 2002 at 00:00
David, One thought that just occured to me. I look at this forum several times a day. One additional thing i thought that might be of use would be to put the 'time last replied' (in addition to the date) so one can see exactly when the post was last updated. Only a minor issue really, but it just came to mind and thought I would pass it on. keep up the fantastic work. This is one of the best information resources I have come across for 4wd-ing and outback travel. Thankyou to both yourself and Michelle. cheers, Sam.
AnswerID: 3571

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Wednesday, May 15, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, May 15, 2002 at 00:00
Test only please ignore.
David
AnswerID: 3586

Reply By: Rob - Monday, May 20, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, May 20, 2002 at 00:00
David,when looking at impovements do not introduce catagories for the amont of posts like some of the other forums as people will post rubbish just to jump to the next naming level.Cheers Rob
AnswerID: 3671

Follow Up By: Exploroz Team - David - Monday, May 20, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, May 20, 2002 at 00:00
Rob,Thanks for the feedback. I will not be introducing categories to the forum enough people have told me that the do not like categories, so they will not be included.Thanks again David
FollowupID: 1516

Sponsored Links