snorkels

Submitted: Sunday, Jan 19, 2014 at 16:43
ThreadID: 105860 Views:1879 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
which snorkel for a 3,2 ranger,ford or safari,? pros and cons for each please,thanks in advance barry
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Sunday, Jan 19, 2014 at 17:03

Sunday, Jan 19, 2014 at 17:03
Hi Barry

To be very honest, you would have to ask....who makes the Ford snorkel?

There have been many forum posts over the year and from that I purchased the Safari for a number of very important factors.......

100% made here in Australia, taylor made to suite your vehicle.

Very strong plastic that is designed to take strong impacts for the unlikely event of hitting thick side branches and vegetation.

The head can be removed and other heads fitted if the need be.

When I looked at one for my Prado a good number of years ago, the other manufacture made it one solid unit and there had been a number of reports that a solid impact had cracked the outer body, as they were just not as strong and solid asthe Safari.

Ask yourself this question.....why does one of Australia's major aftermarket companies (ARB) only sell the Safari snorkel?

Happy hunting, but if it me, I would only be looking at the Safari.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 524751

Reply By: blue one - Sunday, Jan 19, 2014 at 17:06

Sunday, Jan 19, 2014 at 17:06
Either, or, just make sure the joints are sealed with silicon and the holes in the quarter panel are painted with a two Pack epoxy.

You might want to have a look at the Airtech brand as they have less joints.

Cheers

Steve
AnswerID: 524752

Follow Up By: splits - Sunday, Jan 19, 2014 at 22:54

Sunday, Jan 19, 2014 at 22:54
"just make sure the joints are sealed with silicon"

That is ok providing it is sensor safe. The fitting instructions that came with my Safari said to use a sensor safe sealer. Apparently fumes from the wrong sealer can cause some engine sensors to give false readings. I rang Safari and they recommended Permatex Ultra Black. It had "sensor safe" written on it.
FollowupID: 806591

Reply By: olcoolone - Sunday, Jan 19, 2014 at 19:15

Sunday, Jan 19, 2014 at 19:15
We went with the gen Ford on as we know it works and is covered by Fords warranty and if it does fail we know who to call plus it looks better then the Safari.

On our 200 series we have a Safari and it good to
AnswerID: 524753

Sponsored Links