Fridge Freezer

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 23, 2014 at 18:44
ThreadID: 105924 Views:17851 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone any knowledge of the MISHTO BY Cenco fridge freezer. I am looking to buy 35ltr model as they are much cheaper and seem to be as efficient as the Waeco or Engel . I would be grateful for your input.

Best reagrds

Brian
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - peter w2 (VIC) - Friday, Jan 24, 2014 at 08:00

Friday, Jan 24, 2014 at 08:00
I have just bought an Evakool, with a Danfoss 35 compressor You need to look at the size of the compressor the depth of the insulation and try to find reviews Google to find information ,many frig. are made for colder countries and as such are not much good in australian high temps...I got the evakool because it is made for Aus conditions
AnswerID: 525031

Reply By: member - mazcan - Friday, Jan 24, 2014 at 13:29

Friday, Jan 24, 2014 at 13:29
hi brian
out of curiosity I went on google in search of imfo regarding this brand mishto by cenco
one review I found could well have been put there by a salesman and was only 3 words ????
if you google the mishto brand name everything I found was sales promotions and they claim the fridge uses sikelan compressor I googled that and came up with no imfo what so ever this appears to be a brand new kid on the block and

my friends and neighbours after ignoring my advice though they were saving big dollars and listened to a salesman and bought what was suppose to be a great cheap fridge about 3-5 yrs ago and after nothing but regular breakdowns and short warranty they ditched it and paid for a decent reliable engel that is proven and known to be a good fridge
I'm an engel man and used them without failure firstly an old 32ltr model that I bought s/hand and current 40l is 6yrs old have used engel since 1988 they have been bumped and rattled over many thousands of km's without drama
its your money and yr decision good luck on taking a chance into the unknown market
cheers
AnswerID: 525056

Reply By: Adam H - Saturday, Jan 25, 2014 at 10:34

Saturday, Jan 25, 2014 at 10:34
Hi Brian

would have to agree with the other 2 posts, you can go and by a cheaper fridge and take the gamble, roll the dice. though it could cost you more in the long run. is it worth being on a long weekend with the fridge packed ready for a great time then all of a sudden the fridge won't work. food hot, worst still beer hot weekend cut short.
Buy the brands that have a history they are all good, it just depends on your preference.
some of the brands are Evakool, Engel, Waeco, Bushman, ARB, ironman. I have a Yellow Fridgemate from Evakool and love it so efficient. i would buy any of these second hand over a no name brand with no history.
just my opinion though.
AnswerID: 525085

Follow Up By: Member - nick b - Saturday, Jan 25, 2014 at 10:49

Saturday, Jan 25, 2014 at 10:49
agree !! IMO Its bad enough keeping brand names in good working order. repairers will send you packing with those knockoff brands !!
cheers
Cheers Nick b

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 806955

Reply By: Brian L6 - Saturday, Jan 25, 2014 at 18:54

Saturday, Jan 25, 2014 at 18:54
Thanks for your input gents I have now purchased an EvaKool 62 ltr unit from BCF. Heres to some happy travelling, cool drinks and something to keep all the fish I catch .The last item is a bit of wishful thinking (lol)
AnswerID: 525114

Sponsored Links