Replacement Lock Handles for ARB Mk 3 Canopy

Submitted: Monday, Jan 27, 2014 at 23:44
ThreadID: 105980 Views:19176 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all, first time poster here....

I have recently purchased a second hand ARB canopy which my research tells me is a Mk3 model.
It has the circular locking handles on it. I believe they are called a D Type lock.

Both of the rear lift up door locks have failed (cracked plastic parts that when I gently undid them to investigate fell apart in my hand). They are stuffed.

I can't seem to locate any one that sells them. I will be calling ARB in the morning to see if they stock them, as they don't appear to have a spare parts listing that I can find...

Do I have any other options for locking handles or will a Mk3 only take the circular locking mechanisms?

Have tried evilbay and gumtree as I'm waiting for the shops to open tomorrow due to todays public holiday. No luck. Heaps of T Bar handles but they seem to need holes drilled in the glass to mount the assembly according to the pics...

What options do I have to fix my rear window locks, and any ideas on what I should be paying for them? Should I fix all 6 locks at once?(the side windows are both lift ups too).

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

C.A.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bludge - Tuesday, Jan 28, 2014 at 00:06

Tuesday, Jan 28, 2014 at 00:06
ARB stock and sell them, they are not that expensive, can be brought in single, pairs or more and if you are patient they may even ensure that they are keyed alike..
AnswerID: 525245

Follow Up By: Captain Awesome - Tuesday, Jan 28, 2014 at 00:14

Tuesday, Jan 28, 2014 at 00:14
Great thanks Bludge for the quick reply.

Will be calling them in the morning for sure..

In your opinion (and anyone else's for that matter) do most prefer the T handle type locks, or are the rounded ones more preferred?

Cheers,

C.A.
FollowupID: 807131

Follow Up By: Bludge - Tuesday, Jan 28, 2014 at 08:42

Tuesday, Jan 28, 2014 at 08:42
No T handles anymore, unless 2nd hand, changes to ensure that clothing etc does not catch on them when in motion. So new will be D handles.
FollowupID: 807141

Reply By: tonysmc - Tuesday, Jan 28, 2014 at 10:04

Tuesday, Jan 28, 2014 at 10:04
As said above ARB have them and you can get parts. I have had a few fail now and as you said being gentle, so it may pay to get an extra one as a spare. They are a very simple set up and its simple to change the lock you have over to the new one so you are still using the one key for all your locks.

Cheers Tony
AnswerID: 525258

Follow Up By: Captain Awesome - Wednesday, Jan 29, 2014 at 22:55

Wednesday, Jan 29, 2014 at 22:55
thanks for everyones help with the info about these locks.

Called into ARB, they ordered them yesterday, they arrived this morning, 15mins later i was at home with them installing them in the canopy.

To top it all off, the pair they sent have the exact same coding that my original set has, so i don't need to rekey or use a second key for the new locks.

Cheers,

CA
FollowupID: 807309

Sponsored Links