Queanbeyan show this weekend.

Submitted: Saturday, Feb 01, 2014 at 07:57
ThreadID: 106040 Views:1531 Replies:6 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
So who will be there? Drop in and say Hi. We are in the car demonstration section.

Beats me if there is another thread. I am in a hurry to pack and go there now.

Phil
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Odog - Saturday, Feb 01, 2014 at 12:42

Saturday, Feb 01, 2014 at 12:42
Hey Phil
We just left the show, kept eye open, but didn't see anything exploroz, would have liked to call in and say g"day.
Some great bargains there, if only I had a bigger credit card, could have had a ball!
Sorry we missed you. Cheers Owen n Sue
Some people want it to happen, some people wish it could happen, others make it happen!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 525573

Follow Up By: Member - Odog - Saturday, Feb 01, 2014 at 12:49

Saturday, Feb 01, 2014 at 12:49
Just wanted to say, what a great job the organisers, suppliers , clubs and all involved have done with putting the show on. Well done to all. Cheers. Odog
Some people want it to happen, some people wish it could happen, others make it happen!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 807474

Follow Up By: Member - PJR (NSW) - Sunday, Feb 02, 2014 at 12:29

Sunday, Feb 02, 2014 at 12:29
I don't have anything Explorox sticker or whatever on the car mat. The only stickers are a couple from the Cape, the Vietnam ribbons and the club sticker.

I was down with the demonstrators with my car. And very happy that I had an awning to stand under. I think that a lot who looked at it actually just came to stand in the shade and not get pulverised by sales stuff. I had heaps of visitors checking the 100 out.

Phil
FollowupID: 807566

Reply By: Member - PJR (NSW) - Saturday, Feb 01, 2014 at 15:20

Saturday, Feb 01, 2014 at 15:20
I was involved with the demonstration team and the car was parked right next to the recovery area, from 11:30 to 2PM. Had to leave after that as I was feeling a bit off. But a good day. I don't have an ExlorOz sticker etc on the car. Lots of visitors to look at the car, with the women mainly looking at the drop down fridge, storage and sleeping arrangement/s. The short ones love the drop down fridge. They can "see" into them. 99% of the blokes mainly went to the engine bay and my list of accessories etc. A good day.

But too hot for me.

Maybe next time mate we will meet. Good crowd as well.

Phil
AnswerID: 525585

Reply By: Member - Terry W4 - Saturday, Feb 01, 2014 at 15:48

Saturday, Feb 01, 2014 at 15:48
Attending Sunday.
AnswerID: 525586

Follow Up By: Member - PJR (NSW) - Saturday, Feb 01, 2014 at 15:53

Saturday, Feb 01, 2014 at 15:53
I had to make a list of things that we had done to the car and the accessories that we had purchased. I did it last night and was warned to leave the credit card home. $30+ - Bloody hell!!!! Yep Ddn't take the card with me.

Enjoy. There are heaps of good gear there.
FollowupID: 807486

Reply By: Cheryl & Ian (NSW) - Sunday, Feb 02, 2014 at 10:49

Sunday, Feb 02, 2014 at 10:49
We went yesterday and it was darn hot. It would have been hard work for the exhibitors who had to spend the whole day there. Have to agree, it was extremely well organised and we too gave the credit card a work out. Ian loved the stubbie strip (holds seven cans) so much he bought two!

Cheryl and Ian
Gundaroo

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 525622

Follow Up By: Member - PJR (NSW) - Sunday, Feb 02, 2014 at 12:34

Sunday, Feb 02, 2014 at 12:34
And what did you get? A new comfortable seat perhaps.

I think I may have put a few "blokes" in hot water! We have one of those drop down fridge slides. When a few "shorter" partners saw it up on top of the drawers they said things like "You must have a tall wife" etc etc. So I got them to pull it out and the "Hey (partners name) I want one of these". Hmmm he says that's nice. And you could see the scowl. Maybe he was trying to save for lockers or a new beer fridge etc.

Chuckle!!!!!!

A very entertaing lot and also not all newcomers. Good chats about the high country, iconic destinations and the deserts were had by all.

Phil
FollowupID: 807567

Follow Up By: Member - Odog - Sunday, Feb 02, 2014 at 18:31

Sunday, Feb 02, 2014 at 18:31
Sue thought the wine bottle cooler with wine glass holders, same idea as stubbie holders were a good idea.. I think the wine bottle holder will be shared, I'll start buying long necks.
, someone on this site once told me, if it has two uses it comes on the trip, so will give us something to argue over... Maybe should have got two.. Splurged on a hillbilly kit as well. There goes the gas bill I guess. Cheers. Odog

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 807604

Reply By: Member - Terry W4 - Sunday, Feb 02, 2014 at 18:26

Sunday, Feb 02, 2014 at 18:26
Have been out today. Yes very hot. Used the free blockout provided by the St Johns ambulance team, picked up a free water bottle from Toyota and filled with ice cold water provided for free by the organisers.

Very impressed with the wide range of camper trailer manufacturers and distributors. Only one I didn't see was KK - all the rest seemed to be there. I have a Cub Supamatic Regal Offroad. All with very impressive setups. Pride, ARB and DJM all with large displays - and in ARB air conditioning. Great way to get people to stay.

Only spent $4 on a magnum.

Came to the conclusion the only things I need are a solar array to charge battery in camper and better shocks. Both to be purchased in the next few months.
AnswerID: 525656

Follow Up By: garrycol - Sunday, Feb 02, 2014 at 18:31

Sunday, Feb 02, 2014 at 18:31
I was there yesterday and was hot then as well. Bought a couple of things including a 30 amp solar controller and when I got home, found exactly the same on ebay for $35 cheaper and free postage - oh well.
FollowupID: 807603

Reply By: Will 76 Series - Tuesday, Feb 04, 2014 at 20:09

Tuesday, Feb 04, 2014 at 20:09
Great show and great exhibits. Bloody hot, glad i had a few cold ones waiting.
Willl76
AnswerID: 525764

Sponsored Links