Bash Plate for 2003 Subaru Forrester

Submitted: Wednesday, Feb 18, 2004 at 00:07
ThreadID: 10610 Views:3316 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Just after having the body lifted to keep all of the pesty plastic trim out of the way some of which has gone to another life , wondering if anbody knows of a place where I can get hold of a alu / steel bash plat to suit that will elimate the damage to the suspension arms one dented and exhaust heat sheild dented. Have not been forgiven from the wife as yet but the car who performed as well as Jackaroo and land crusier and land rover v8 from a trip fron Lancelin up to Grey WA I don't want to try my luck on losing a sump one tyre is enough plus plastic and paint.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: flappan - Wednesday, Feb 18, 2004 at 08:52

Wednesday, Feb 18, 2004 at 08:52
Try Subyextreme in Brisbane.

A mate has a modded 2.0l Forester and all his gear, Body Lift, Bash Plates , and various other bits came from them.
AnswerID: 47167

Reply By: sdc - Wednesday, Feb 18, 2004 at 11:21

Wednesday, Feb 18, 2004 at 11:21
I purchased one from Scorpion Automotive in Brisbane. A search for them on the web will give you a pic.

SDC
AnswerID: 47185

Reply By: Member Colin - NSW Bungendore - Thursday, Feb 19, 2004 at 16:48

Thursday, Feb 19, 2004 at 16:48
Stu
What state are you from? If you are from WA I can give you a contact from the Subaru Club who make them.

The Scorpion/SubaExreme stuff is good, but be aware that their sump guards are made of cast alloy and they will crack if hit hard.
Dont worry about the exhaust - it will take a lot of 'treatment'.

I have used a steel guard off an older model Subaru - needed a couple of mods but is efective (bends) and cheap (Free). I don't understand why Subaru no longer fit guards - not even an accessory??Subaru Forester
"size isn't everything"
AnswerID: 47334

Follow Up By: Stu - Tuesday, Feb 24, 2004 at 01:21

Tuesday, Feb 24, 2004 at 01:21
Thanks Colin

Yes
I living in WA, originally from Manchester Engalnd, not much there in the way of Sharp Limestone pavements and wind blown tracks more bog and stuff in Yorkshire. At a bit of lost our here, used to able to source steel and mates to help but they are not much use out here. I would be very grateful for a contact in WA that know the car and could advise on armour before I rip off a manifold or more suspension damage. I agree that size is not everything the Land Cruzier and Jackaroo I was with both got bogged. My brother's 2 and a quater Landrover in South Africa had a lesser engine and drove like a dog with less grunt. I was also after some advice is a lesser rim size and more rubber would be the way to go off road as the tyres as stock standard Yokohama tyre being soft are getting chewed. Apologies Ex milatary and stock car racing machanic / butcher only played hard with Lanies you did not get a choice, plus no air con / radio or creature comforts.

Many Thanks
Stuart

Many Thanks
FollowupID: 309764

Follow Up By: Member Colin - NSW Bungendore - Tuesday, Feb 24, 2004 at 12:25

Tuesday, Feb 24, 2004 at 12:25
Contact my brother - Ian Johnson - through the Subaru Club - or Email me colin.johnson69@bigpond.comSubaru Forester
"size isn't everything"
FollowupID: 309797

Follow Up By: Member Colin - NSW Bungendore - Tuesday, Feb 24, 2004 at 21:08

Tuesday, Feb 24, 2004 at 21:08
I forgot to make a comment on tyres.
If your car is a later model with 16" wheels tyre options are a bit difficult.
I think Yokohama make a higher profile A/T (all terrain)?
My '98 has 15" wheels and I have Bridgestone D693 A/T 205/70 which have been great - they are much stronger in the sidewall. I am going to change to 75 profile when these wear out - to give me some extra clearance - the older models are a bit lower! (have a look at 'my profile' click on the photo)
You could change the wheels to 15" but I'm not sure if the brakes on the later models are bigger - if they are bigger the smaller wheels may not clear the brakes ??

I would stick to the standard width and go for a higher profile which will give a slight increase in ground clearance and 'footprint'.

The WA Club is exclusive for Subaru's and they run trips to some great spots. It is the best way of learning from others experiences.

Good luck
ColinSubaru Forester
"size isn't everything"
FollowupID: 309873

Sponsored Links