New (to us) Aliner

Submitted: Monday, Feb 24, 2014 at 17:43
ThreadID: 106405 Views:1603 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Just purchased a 2010 Aliner, pick it up on Thursday. Previously owned by an elderly couple who only used it a few times, it's in excellent condition. Not good timing though: off to NZ in a few days time, oh well, gives me plenty of time to think about mods and where to store everything. And what a time to discover 'Product Reviews' on Avan campers - not too many good ones....
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Robyn R4 - Friday, Feb 28, 2014 at 22:55

Friday, Feb 28, 2014 at 22:55
We had a 2013 Aliner and loved it.
We bought it new and got to choose the bed set-out, microwave option, etc.
Storage was an art form, yes!
We used little plastic baskets (like the ones you get in grocery shops...no, don't pinch them!) and they slid into most of the food cupboards. That lets you store things, slide the basket out to get to what you want, and then slide them back into the cupboard.
The cupboard under the seat (just inside the door) was where we kept the "day basket" with anything we may need to access without lifting the roof (morning tea etc)...you know, the stuff you may need but don't necessarily want in the car.
The cupboard under the far seat was where we stored extra days' food (in case we discovered that it was a great camping spot and didn't want to go into town and get food just yet).
The shallower cupboards behind the seats were designated for special stuff, too. The one on the left held spare towels, toilet paper for unsupplied loos, dolphin torch...
The one on the right stored our undies (in a neat little draw-string toilet bag) and toilet bags.
In the cupboard under the bed we kicked our shoes and the washing bag.
We had a beaut bowl that we washed up in on the camp table outside so the cover stayed on the sink most of the time (although inside the sink was just the right size to store the sponge and tea towel and little scrubbing brush).
Soon after taking delivery (and before our maiden trip) I saw one in my local caravan park and popped in to ask the nice owners how they stored and organised things-they were very helpful! It certainly saved a lot of time when someone was able to impart their wisdom and we didn't have to work it all out for ourselves!
Ours was sold 18 months later because hubby's work changed and, between his work and mine, we'd have struggled to get much time to use it for perhaps the next few years. Living in a very rust-prone coastal area, we thought it best to get our money 'now' instead of allowing it to deteriorate.
We had solar panel and the full annex but never used the annex.

Don't know what the reviews say but we had no issues and I hope you have a lovely time with yours...and I hope my storage ideas save you some trial and error too!

:)

AnswerID: 527436

Sponsored Links