Ozi Explorer for Android

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 02, 2014 at 17:52
ThreadID: 106506 Views:2044 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I have bought the beta version of Ozi for Android and am using it alongside Ozi for Windows. One thing I can't find is the Scroll method option 'Show more map in heading direction' the Android version holds the cursor in centre screen. Can anyone help please?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John N (SA) - Sunday, Mar 02, 2014 at 21:12

Sunday, Mar 02, 2014 at 21:12
G'day Mike,
we use Ozi Android on a Galaxy. On the right hand side of our screen there is a red arrow - it's the fourth icon from the bottom. If we tap that, the green box around the arrow will switch off and we can then scroll the map. To bring it back to our current location, tap that arrow again - the green box will be around the arrow. Hope that works for you too.

Cheers

John
AnswerID: 527544

Reply By: 1533rl - Monday, Mar 03, 2014 at 00:09

Monday, Mar 03, 2014 at 00:09
Mikee, I don't believe the android version has the ability,when in "moving map" mode, to show your actual position anywhere other than the centre of screen.
As John has mentioned, the red arrow icon is the "gps tracking" on/off switch. With the green box around the icon you are in "moving map" mode, and the system will keep you centred on the screen. By switching the "gps tracking" mode off (no green box around the arrow) you can scroll the map in any direction.
You may also pinch or stretch the map , thus changing the zoom setting to see more or less of the map you have on screen. This zooming can be done while you are still in moving map mode, but your position will still remain centred on the screen.
The green box will also appear around the map icon in the same menu. This is the function that automatically finds the best map(that you have on your device) for your current location. Touching the map icon will turn this function on/off the same as the gps tracking/moving map mode.
Don't forget, there is always the help file on the oziexplorer website to consult as well.
Cheers
Peter
AnswerID: 527549

Follow Up By: Mikee5 - Monday, Mar 03, 2014 at 12:39

Monday, Mar 03, 2014 at 12:39
Thanks Peter, I have found all of the features you have described, I guess as you have said this feature is just not available on Android. You didn't mention the green + and - on the lhs of the actual map - I use these for zooming.
Mike
FollowupID: 809987

Sponsored Links