Tyre dog monitor

Hi well can any body help me, before I throw these in the dam. We are trying to set up a 6 wheel layout , 4 on car, 2 on caravan can get the car to be on monitor but not van have changed batteries press button on relay, so should we set up as none trailer or one with trailer, have read instructions sent emails ( no reply ) .
Thanks
Peter
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Kelvo - Sunday, Apr 06, 2014 at 11:06

Sunday, Apr 06, 2014 at 11:06
If you fit the trailer ones to the car tyres do they then read?
If so then it looks like they are too far away from the display when mounted on the trailer. I think you can buy a 'repeater' to mount on the a-frame to extend the range.
AnswerID: 529923

Follow Up By: MactrolPod - Sunday, Apr 06, 2014 at 12:33

Sunday, Apr 06, 2014 at 12:33
Its a pain to set it up, With mine I set the layout to 3 axles, not a trailer as it needs another transmitter if you set it up with a trailer, PITA!
Set up has add sensor or something like that, go to web site

http://www.tyredog.com.au/store/all-products/new-6-wheel-tyre-pressure-monitor-td-2300a-x06-0-to-180-psi.html

and follow instructions on pages 30 & 31.
When pushing reset on relay it is a short push and release, the display should beep and I think there is a light on the relay confirming. Hold the reset down too long and nothing happens, took me an hour to figure that out LOL
Once set up it works a treat, no need to buy extra relays.
Also leave it as it is, the trailer axles don't go into alarm if its not connected.
See how you go.
FollowupID: 812749

Follow Up By: MactrolPod - Sunday, Apr 06, 2014 at 12:35

Sunday, Apr 06, 2014 at 12:35
Should have said down load manual the follow instructions on page 30 & 31
FollowupID: 812750

Reply By: Member - Frank P (NSW) - Sunday, Apr 06, 2014 at 12:36

Sunday, Apr 06, 2014 at 12:36
Peter,

I have a 6 wheel relayless set that works fine with my tug and camper. Sorry I'm not familiar with setting up the relay type installations so I can't help you with push button sequences, etc.

There are some FAQs here. Have you looked at those?

Also, I've found Zylux folk to be very helpful on the phone. Give them a call - numbers are in the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.

Cheers
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 529932

Reply By: Member - KBAD - Sunday, Apr 06, 2014 at 17:22

Sunday, Apr 06, 2014 at 17:22
In the manual they have the set-up for different display mode can set it up from there to match the layout of the vehicle. Press the mute button and hold for three seconds to get into the display settings and scroll through to select. If you have the right unit should not be a problem. Do you have a repeater, put the batteries in each of the valve units when sitting next to the display and see if they all register, they do have particular sensors for each wheel.
AnswerID: 529955

Reply By: DiscoTourer - Sunday, Apr 06, 2014 at 23:43

Sunday, Apr 06, 2014 at 23:43
Instructions are super clear.

Just purchased a 6 monitor set after my 4 monitor set retired after 7 years.

Relay reset when you are on the truck screen....not trailer.

Select option one for truck, then single axle for trailer, and non for second trailer.

Relay needs to be mounted outside the car.

Reread instructions again, as they are spot on.

Brett.....
AnswerID: 529981

Reply By: Member - Peter&Lynore - Monday, Apr 07, 2014 at 14:40

Monday, Apr 07, 2014 at 14:40
Hi to everyone that helped with suggestion on tyre dog monitors, the problem was we were holding down button on relay to long so all good.
Thanks to all.
Peter
AnswerID: 530016

Reply By: Member - Hugh D (WA) - Wednesday, Apr 09, 2014 at 16:11

Wednesday, Apr 09, 2014 at 16:11
Thanks for this thread.

I have just purchased a six sensor unit and interested to see the pit falls I have coming my way when fitting/ setting up.

All tyres on or in the car so will be interesting to see if the relay picks them up.
Hugh Dorey

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 530172

Sponsored Links