Review: EOTrackMe

My Article Rating: My Rating 5/5

Hi David.
It's the beginning of the annual Grey Nomad migration period and many of us will be soon heading off for months at a time.
Some friends and relatives may have difficulty in locating us on the map with the new system as they only check up on us every couple of weeks and may not know were to begin looking for us. I'd imagine there will be lots more to sort through as the migration proceeds.
I guess it's a big ask but would it be possible to bring forward the next stage of adding it to our member profile page so we can simply give them our page address. That way they locate us easily without having to hover over lots of clusters.
Another option would be to extend the recent movements list with a pull down or something or a search function so they could try and locate us that way. Bit more user friendly for the not so computer literate.
Thanks again for a great product. Used it recently in Tassie and friends and family gave it a big wrap.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Wednesday, Apr 09, 2014 at 17:21

Wednesday, Apr 09, 2014 at 17:21
Mal,

Hi there hope you are well!

Firstly I wonder if you have missed the search on the map in the EOTrackMe page – in the actual map there is a magnify/search button if you or your followers click on this they can type any part of your screenname or device name and the system will show you (provided you are not using EO_Key). I notice that you do not have any active tracking positions at the moment and hence you will not be found in the map based search (if you add some positions you device will be shown).

Are you using EO_Key? If you are using this then currently the members home page is the only way to view your position.

Also on your members public page you already have the EOTrackMe function which will open the map and show you position.

One of the things I have done recently with the main EOTrackMe page is support direct links to your devices – which will open up the map with your full tracking in a single link. The only thing I have not done is made it easy to see this direct link. So what I will do is on the My Tracking tab I will in each of your devices add a direct link display. This will allow you to easily copy and paste the link and provide it to others. I will do this after I send this email, it will take me about 30 mins to add this and compile it into the server so tonight it should be there.

Let me know if this answers your issues or let me know if you would like something else added to make it easier for all.

I will copy this to you in direct email also.

David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 530173

Sponsored Links