2010 Raster Map installation from disk

Submitted: Sunday, Apr 13, 2014 at 09:18
ThreadID: 107236 Views:1301 Replies:5 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All

Trying to load a Legit copy of 2010 Hema Raster maps to my computer running windows 7
Wish to copy whole disk to computer(don't wish to have to insert disk to view maps). Unable to do this, auto-run won't load. Can only load short cut which then asks you to load disk.
Idea's anyone?

Thanks

Lyndon
Now is the only time you own
Decide now what you will,
Place faith not in tomorrow
For the clock may then be still

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Explorer - Sunday, Apr 13, 2014 at 09:34

Sunday, Apr 13, 2014 at 09:34
Hello Lyndon

With the disc in the drive click on “Computer”

You should then see a screen (as below) with all your internal and external drives listed.

Right mouse click on the Disc drive with the Hema maps and a menu will appear – select open to show the contents of the disc.

Copy the particular folder you want to the desired location on your computer (i.e. right mouse click on desired folder and select copy…then move to new location and select paste).

Hope that helps

Cheers
Greg

I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 530454

Follow Up By: Member - lyndon NT - Sunday, Apr 13, 2014 at 09:43

Sunday, Apr 13, 2014 at 09:43
Hi Greg

Appreciate your time on a Sunday morning. I wish to copy the whole disk as a functioning entity, not just a particular map that when clicked on will then ask what program do I wish to use to open it. Any idea's?

Thanks

Lyndon

FollowupID: 813363

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Sunday, Apr 13, 2014 at 09:56

Sunday, Apr 13, 2014 at 09:56
Hi

They wont let me in church so I have a bit of free time :) Going to beach later but in mean time ....

Thought I had a copy of Hema 2010 but cant find it.. so I probably am not 100% sure what you are trying to achieve....but

What happens if you copy the entire disc (as in second picture above but select copy) and then paste somewhere on PC?

Also you can initiate Auto run from this menu...alternative method to what is shown in post below.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 813364

Reply By: Member - Frank P (NSW) - Sunday, Apr 13, 2014 at 09:49

Sunday, Apr 13, 2014 at 09:49
Hi Lyndon,

I have an older copy of the Raster Map collection - 1st Edition - and Win 7.

After inserting the disk, I get:

Choose Run AUTORUN.EXE

After a bit of thinking time, the normal installation routine started and the maps were installed.

Cheers

FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 530457

Reply By: get outmore - Sunday, Apr 13, 2014 at 11:02

Sunday, Apr 13, 2014 at 11:02
cant you just open the disc, select the files and drag and drop them onto your computer?
AnswerID: 530462

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Sunday, Apr 13, 2014 at 11:56

Sunday, Apr 13, 2014 at 11:56
Hi

Details provided are a bit vague but it could be that Lyndon is trying to install the required data from the disc so that he can use Hema Navigator Explorer program. The Australia 4WD Raster Map Collection or HN Explorer DVD must be "installed" on your PC for this to work.

Just copying the map files over wont install all the required data files. You must initiate the supplied installer program on the disc for the process to complete successfully. This appears to be the problem as autorun wont start ...you should however be able to initiate the process manually, one way or another.

I could however be yet again barking up the wrong tree..anyway

Read about the program here ...Hema Navigator Explorer for the Hema Navigator and HERE

Cheers
Greg

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 813378

Reply By: K&FT - Sunday, Apr 13, 2014 at 12:12

Sunday, Apr 13, 2014 at 12:12
You may need to be logged on to the computer as administrator or the autorun will not load.

frank
AnswerID: 530466

Reply By: Member - lyndon NT - Sunday, Apr 13, 2014 at 12:18

Sunday, Apr 13, 2014 at 12:18
Hi Guys

Seem to have it sorted, copied whole disk to computer and was able to launch and load from there. Appreciate the input.

Cheers

Lyndon

AnswerID: 530467

Sponsored Links