EOTrackMe

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 17, 2014 at 21:22
ThreadID: 107339 Views:1088 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Another EOTrackMe question, but more related to my mobile phone.
I have a Samsung Galaxy 4, when I activate EOTrackMe it connects to all available satellites.
However, on my device settings there are more options, i.e. WiFi, Mobile Data and Wi-Fi Hotspot.
Do I need to activate one or more of the settings as well before the route data will be send from my mobile phone to the server ?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Adele - Wednesday, Apr 23, 2014 at 16:59

Wednesday, Apr 23, 2014 at 16:59
Hi George,

I believe those are your general phone settings, they relate to your internet connection as follows:

Wi-Fi - searches for available Wi-Fi networks and allows you to connect to these (if you have the necessary permissions to do so).

Mobile Data - refers to your Data network settings (these should usually be left to default settings).

Wi-Fi Hotspot - allows you to use your phone's data allowance to provide a wireless internet connection for another device (such as a laptop).

None of these settings have any bearing on EOTrackMe. In order to submit tracking to our server you do of course need to use the internet, but if your phone has a data allowance or added data pack, it will do this automatically when you are in internet service (or when you connect to a Wi-Fi service).

I hope this information helps, and if you require any further assistance, just let me know.
Online Shop- Adele

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 531077

Sponsored Links