12 volt deep cycle batteries

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 29, 2014 at 07:31
ThreadID: 107519 Views:1886 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Good morning all, I have a 12 volt deep cycle battery and we run a tv lights and a few other appliances. Does anyone know how much power a small tv uses. At what voltage level does a battery drop to before it can no longer deliver power johno
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John and Val - Tuesday, Apr 29, 2014 at 08:08

Tuesday, Apr 29, 2014 at 08:08
Johno,

The TV - depends on size, but probably not over 2 amps for a small one on 12 volts. If it has an external power supply for mains use, check the current rating of that supply - it will give you some idea. Another obvious option is to measure the current! I assume you have a multimeter if you are measuring voltages.

What voltage can you reasonably run a battery down to? Depends how much you value it. You could repeatedly run it down to 10.5V a couple of hundred times, or to 11.5V a couple of thousand times. Just how long you can draw power depends on the size of the battery. There really isn't a useful answer to "At what voltage level does a battery drop to before it can no longer deliver power".

Suggest you might find Electricity for Camping a useful read.

Cheers

John
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 531454

Follow Up By: Member - bbuzz (NSW) - Tuesday, Apr 29, 2014 at 19:55

Tuesday, Apr 29, 2014 at 19:55
If you are free camping and using your 12v appliances, turn off the TV and read a book.
No need to worry about your battery then.

bill
Bill B

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 814505

Reply By: Batt's - Thursday, May 01, 2014 at 07:27

Thursday, May 01, 2014 at 07:27
Sometimes you'll find info on the back of the tv with the specs on it
AnswerID: 531558

Sponsored Links