Quallity control

Submitted: Saturday, May 04, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1076 Views:1537 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
It seems to be a lot of arguing over the reliability of Landrover products on this forum. I like to answer some of the issues raised here. I worked on Landrover assembly line for 7 years in UK. Landrover vehicles are one of the most capable off road vehicles in the world today. However , quallity control during manufacture and parts supplied by outside leave a lot to be desired. Without offending Landrover owners any further i like to say this. I owned six Rangies and one Defender in UK and when i arrived in OZ i bought 80 series Cruiser. What a difference ! We have a lot to learn when it comes to quallity.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Stephen - Saturday, May 04, 2002 at 00:00

Saturday, May 04, 2002 at 00:00
Tony, I believe that Landrovers were largely hand-assembled in the old factory and this led to variable build quality ("Monday" cars). Do you think that the new factory will improve the build quality?
AnswerID: 3326

Follow Up By: Tony - Saturday, May 04, 2002 at 00:00

Yes , i think quality will improve now , with all this modern equipment installed. I certanly hope for a decent engine upgrades in diesel models as i feel current motors are still small and underpowered for Australia .
Looks like Landrover is spending a lot of time checking the quality of parts supplied from independed contractors , and that is just what it needs to do. What i am sad about is recent move to wipe out chasiss in all Disco , Rangie , and Defender by 2005. That in my oppinion will be disaster for Landrover. Regardless what anyone thinks monocoque body does not belong on true 4x4 .
Tony
FollowupID: 1348

Reply By: Steve - Saturday, May 04, 2002 at 00:00

Stephen:

Down under we have known for ages that most LandRovers and their offspring were made on Monday !! in fact we also know that Sunday night was their really busy period !! Don't get upset at all those silly people who criticise the marque... they are the majority who speak with confidence and expensively earned experience ....

Steve ( the real Steve)

AnswerID: 3337

Follow Up By: Goran - Saturday, May 04, 2002 at 00:00

I am with you Steve.
Goran.......the only one.....:-)
FollowupID: 1352

Reply By: Bob - Sunday, May 05, 2002 at 00:00

Sunday, May 05, 2002 at 00:00
Tony
Leaving aside your Goranesque typing, I'll assume you are a real person and not a hotmail clone (see my question about fake names).
The arguing on this forum was generated entirely by several bogus postings reporting problems with LR reliability.
Does your experience include the current model production?
AnswerID: 3346

Follow Up By: Goran - Sunday, May 05, 2002 at 00:00

Sunday, May 05, 2002 at 00:00
Ah , here we go again with conspiracy theories. I am not going to respond to this provocation . No amount of proof and evidence is enough for a blind to see the truth.
FollowupID: 1360

Sponsored Links