Review: Hema Navigator 7

My Shop Item Rating: My Rating 5/5

Wow this is a comprehensive unit.
The up to date street navigation was a petrol saver and no stress drive around Melbourne the other day..gee have they got a lot of road infrastructure there...We filtered out the use of toll ways and saved a lot of money as well...as being an interstater, that was invaluable to us. As was the programmed inclusion to find cafes (coffee)shops!
Also towing a large van, you really need to know how far you need to go before you make a turn.
The topo upgrade is proving to be an excellent extra addition to our Hema 7..We do a lot of outback tracks which requires accuracy... we are programming a couple of special places in that only we know about, and a couple of detours we also know exist...
Off road navigation is not lacking in detail
We are very impressed with the huge 7 inch screen. The touch sensitivity of the screen is perfect. We are yet to need the visor.
Screen brightness for night travel is great. The day screen brightness is not as bright/ clear as the night view, but that may be because we haven't got the visor...that probably will stop a bit of shadowing and reflection. having said that, visibility is still good
The detail shown at traffic intersections/ lane guidance is very good. Especially if there are 2 intersections close together and you have difficulty with distance calculations
The camps 7 feature is very good and a comprehensive guide to the free camping options. We have the Camps7 book, but having it right there as a visual notification on the GPS is a huge bonus.
It's good to be able to just enter the town you want to get to and not need to put in an address. Especially when you are planning a specific route through several towns and tracks. Computer trip planning takes a bit of time to navigate through, But will be invaluable to me when I am pre programming travel using the 4wd option alone.
Haven't used the Bluetooth functions yet, but it will be very handy.
Because the Hema7 is so comprehensive, there is a lot to learn and just takes time and practice to master....but once we get the hang of it...it'll be even better.
The choice to pick whether you want to have a man or woman tell you where to go is handy...lots of accent options
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Sponsored Links