Does anyone know what the cape roads are like

Submitted: Friday, May 16, 2014 at 18:55
ThreadID: 107806 Views:1362 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all i am at Cairns.It has taken Gunny and i about 10 weeks from Melbourne to get here.Does anyone know what the roads are like from Cooktown to Weipa and then to the tip.I have a soft 4wd.Thanks all.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: D-Max Dave - Friday, May 16, 2014 at 19:52

Friday, May 16, 2014 at 19:52
Hi Stuart & Gunny
I think all of us intending to visit the Cape in the near future are wondering the same thing, we are off to the Cape for the first time in the last week of June.
From what I have read on the forums and web sites, its still early and they have had a fair bit of rain closing lots of roads, there would also be a fair bit of water in the numerous creeks you have to cross.
Are you intending to do the OTT or stay on the PDR ?, the route you choose would make a big difference, especially if you are in a so called soft 4x4.
If you haven't already looked there are many web sites with info on the cape, and lots of you tube videos of the OTT river crossings to scare the crap out of you, LOL.
If your going up there now I will be looking forward to your posts with lots of info for the rest of us following behind you.
Cheers
And Good Luck
Dave
AnswerID: 532582

Follow Up By: Member - Stuart and Gunny - Friday, May 16, 2014 at 20:42

Friday, May 16, 2014 at 20:42
Hi Dave
I will be going up the PDR and doing side trips to watch people doing the water crossings on the OTT.I should still be up there late June still, so we may catch up for a beer.
FollowupID: 815874

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Saturday, May 17, 2014 at 18:05

Saturday, May 17, 2014 at 18:05
Wave to us on the way back, we are leaving Cairns around the 10th
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 815912

Sponsored Links