in car navigation?

Submitted: Thursday, May 22, 2014 at 09:32
ThreadID: 107887 Views:1555 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
hi Newbie here,
i have a 2013 colorado 7, and would like to get oziexplore and install in my in built system can it be done? and if so what kind of software do i need to do this. the in built system is windows ce 6.0.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - PJR (NSW) - Thursday, May 22, 2014 at 10:08

Thursday, May 22, 2014 at 10:08
I think that Ozi CE is for sale in the shop section of this site. I am not sure if you have to buy the PC etc version of Ozi and then you get the CE platform version. All should be explained at the Iziexplorer site as well.

It should "plug" right in and go. But you will need to beg, borrow or buy maps as well. Some will come with Ozi but may not cover your area.

Phil
AnswerID: 532938

Reply By: Ross M - Thursday, May 22, 2014 at 21:47

Thursday, May 22, 2014 at 21:47
I thought no one was still using Windows CE anything. Very surprised the General is still using it. It must be the cheapest OS they can get.

The system will probably work ok but I tried to get info and updates for earlier CE products and was told the windows support is no longer available and no updates etc. I loaded a CE system onto a NAVMAN and it was hopeless. The system couldn't find files and was very convoluted to use.

I don't know any greater depth to the issue but many remove the OE player display unit and buy one which has up to date features and abilities.
That may be an option if difficulties are encountered and you want to rely on the unit. Some of the GPS experts will know more of the systems etc.
AnswerID: 532982

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Adele - Friday, May 23, 2014 at 12:59

Friday, May 23, 2014 at 12:59
Hi Andy,

Yes, OziExplorer can certainly be installed on a Windows CE system, you will however have to purchase both the full version and CE upgrade to install this. We sell these as a package in the Online Shop, please see OziExplorer CE (CD & CE upgrade).

Also, please note that this is map viewing software only, you will still need Maps to enable trip planning and navigation. ExplorOz has an Australia Wide product on SD or USB called EOTopo 200k that you may want to check out, and you can go to the main EOTopo page to view the online version of the mapping to assess the level of detail supplied.

If you are interested in using specific maps for certain areas, just go to the Digital Maps section of the shop, all maps found in this section are compatible with Ozi CE.

I hope this helps, and if you require any further assistance or advice, please feel free to contact me directly via email: adele@exploroz.com
Online Shop- Adele

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 533017

Sponsored Links