Current condition of the Tanami Track 2014

Submitted: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 09:12
ThreadID: 107966 Views:2277 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
We will be travelling this road in early July and we are receiving quite varied reports on its condition.

Could anyone provide current information

Dave Peebles
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Krooznalong - Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 12:55

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 12:55
Dave
I suggest that the variable reports are because the conditions will change depending on rainfall, grading etc. Due to the changing circumstances knowing what it like now may be pointless as by early July the road condition could be quite different. Perhaps a post closer to your travel time would be of more benefit.
AnswerID: 533240

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 17:48

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 17:48
Hello Dave,
If you look at the ExplorOz Road Conditions pages you'll see that for each section of each road listed, there is a chart that shows the historical averages. In fine print each chart will show a date - this shows you how long we've been collecting data and reporting on the open/closed status of that track. The Tanami report shows data since 2005 and the historical averages in that chart show a predictable pattern for June/July - with those months being the time of year when the track has been most reliably open. The chart shows the problem months have historicallky been April and Nov/Dec with the road status being often in a state of "caution" but the chart also shows that it has not been in a closed state (certainly not enough to indicate a notch on the chart over such a long period of time historically). Hope this helps you better understand how to use the resources provided in our reports.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 533250

Reply By: Isuzumu - Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 21:05

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 21:05
There will be a good report on myswag.org under Kimberley Trip by hillbilly in a few days which will give a current up date of the Tanami Track, which I believe you are asking for.
AnswerID: 533273

Sponsored Links