Track up date.Weipa to Bramwell station to Seisia.

Submitted: Friday, Jun 06, 2014 at 23:15
ThreadID: 108149 Views:2681 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Coming from Weipa to Bramwell Station through Batavia Downs not a problem.There is 3 creek crossings and 2 have concrete base.Not hard at all there is a few corrugations but nothing to bad .Just be care full with cattle on the track.From there to Bramwell Station the road is fine.Bramwell Station is a great place to spend a night or 2.Live entertainment plus cold beer and a nice meal.From there onwards the road deteriorates.Parts are good ,parts are corrugated, some parts have deep wash outs that you would not want to hit at speed.Overall take your time and use common sense and you should not have to many problems.Be carefull around Bamaga and Seisia there are horses everywhere just wondering about.I hope this helps some one.Bye Stuart and Gunny
Back Expand Un-Read 3 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Geoff B (WA) - Saturday, Jun 07, 2014 at 16:55

Saturday, Jun 07, 2014 at 16:55
Glad to see you mad it to the top Stuart. We are still in weipa.
Sue and geoff
AnswerID: 533938

Follow Up By: Member - Stuart and Gunny - Saturday, Jun 07, 2014 at 20:44

Saturday, Jun 07, 2014 at 20:44
Geoff your port is okay.I went to have a look at Gunshot it is impassable the track down to it.Did you make it down to Gunshot?I meet a couple at the 7klm turn off who tried it in a good 4wd unlike mine and they turned back.They felt it was to risky.So the 2 of us thought we would do the OTT to fruit bat falls.We got to Cockatoo Creek and said stuff this and came back past the rangers place.Have you tried fishing of the bridge at Weipa and how did you go?Chat latter Stuart and Gunny
FollowupID: 817443

Reply By: Member - Geoff B (WA) - Sunday, Jun 08, 2014 at 13:28

Sunday, Jun 08, 2014 at 13:28
Hi Stuart, yes we did make it down to gunshot and yes is was a bit tight but we squeezed in for a look. Haven't been fishing yet to slack plus the weathers not to crash hot a the moment. Will be moving on tomorrow to Chilli beach.
AnswerID: 534005

Sponsored Links