Semi-dangerous ghosts

Submitted: Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 13:46
ThreadID: 108460 Views:4167 Replies:18 FollowUps:43
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone experienced strange energies or occurrences in the outback?

I noticed a strange energy emanating from the ground near the old mining tunnels a kilometre from the Ora Banda pub northwest of Kalgoorlie.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Andrew & Jen - Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 13:56

Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 13:56
Mick T3
You can't stop there :-)
Talk some more!
Andrew
AnswerID: 534863

Reply By: Mick T3 - Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 14:03

Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 14:03
I was looking for a pleasant place to put a tent when my body began tingling at a certain area then stopped as I moved on.

In another area the feeling was even stronger.

A few months later I returned and deliberately let my body react while walking over the ground and the same phenomena occurred at the same places.

Things like this can be responses from the mind, but on the first occasion I felt no particularly association with this area of ground.
AnswerID: 534865

Reply By: Rod W - Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 14:19

Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 14:19
Give us more details on the location?
AnswerID: 534867

Follow Up By: Rod W - Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 14:23

Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 14:23
I should add that I'm going bush in the last week of July so I could venture in the direction and report back... that is.....
FollowupID: 818615

Follow Up By: Mick T3 - Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 14:49

Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 14:49
The area in question is about four hundred metres south and south west of the oval, which itself is 200 metres west of the Ora Banda pub and township. The area is also a hundred or so metres north and north-west of an abandoned open pit. (not the huge one of the southern side of the dirt road.

I figure it is a geological based energy from the earth rather than a human ghost, but it fascinating to realise that one's body can be sensitive to such things.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Ora+Banda+WA+6431/@-30.3757756,121.0615683,491m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x2bb2e55fa0dd7de1:0x400f6382479d6c0?hl=en
FollowupID: 818616

Follow Up By: pop2jocem - Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 15:08

Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 15:08
There was a member of a bikie gang shot and killed near an oval not far from the Ora Banda pub a few years ago. Apparently the pub was owned at that time by an ex head of detectives from the WA Police force. The bikies were sure it was the ex detective that did it and got even a while later by car bombing him and a mate at a race track.

Maybe the bad blood didn't end there......

FollowupID: 818618

Follow Up By: pop2jocem - Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 15:11

Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 15:11
Mind you Mick T3 Mick Taylor maybe with apparently a Wolfe Creek 3 in the pipeline.
Also a story getting around about backpackers being lured into station work that may not exist in the Wolfe Creek area

Just saying.....
FollowupID: 818619

Follow Up By: Mick T3 - Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 15:22

Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 15:22
One never knows how human experience affects the psychic terrain, pop2jocem, but I think what I felt was geological phenomena.

FollowupID: 818621

Follow Up By: Mick T3 - Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 15:27

Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 15:27
I might add that I've always felt mental nausea while visiting Wolfe Creek, despite it not being the scene of anything from the movies.

There were numerous killings in the area, mostly by white folk killing the Dharu, but also white miners and adventurists being speared by the "countrymen".

FollowupID: 818622

Follow Up By: Ron N - Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 16:02

Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 16:02
There's a girl missing from Oct 1999 from Kalgoorlie, who is believed to have picked up and murdered by the bikies there.
The whispered word is, her body was dropped down a mineshaft, but despite searches by police, it has never been found.
The bikies frequented the Ora Banda area a lot and are very familiar with the region.

Missing Person - Lisa Joanne Govan
FollowupID: 818625

Reply By: ExplorOz - Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 15:46

Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 15:46
We've had a similar experience in the Murchison and have found that others have too. We've discussed it with others and all involved agree the emotive responses we shared were ecologically inspired but can't explain. Sometimes its nice to accept we don't have all the answers but its always good to trust your instincts - that's very human :)
ExplorOz

Business Member
My Profile  My Blog

AnswerID: 534871

Follow Up By: pop2jocem - Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 16:17

Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 16:17
Guys,
You wouldn't care to expand on the sensations you felt and what if any actions you took in response to any experienced phenomena.

Cheers
Pop
FollowupID: 818627

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 17:11

Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 17:11
sorry I changed my login - was doing site admin.
Essentially, we had an intense feeling of impeding doom in quite a large area. We had tried to select a camp near Erabiddy Bluff but neither of us could relax and eventually we both admitted we didn't like it there but couldn't explain why. The feeling was so intense that despite a long day, and having arrived at an otherwise perfect campsite to sit out a storm (high, dry and protected from wind), we couldn't bear the thought of staying there. First time in hundreds of nights of bush camping that an emotion told us to move on. So it was a flight response. There aren't many bush camps in that area but we tried 2 more spots but nothing felt right after that and all we could agree on was to drive all the way through to Mullewa and get a room in the pub! We were at the end of a full Canning Stock Route trip so we were well adjusted to remoteness and not being city-slickers wimps.

Never been back to the Murchison. Something not right there. We have friends that shared a very similar story which surprised us. The only one thing I'll add is that we suspect our youngest daughter was conceived on that night. Sorry too much information... haha. So maybe it was all her doing!? Nature's way?!
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 818630

Follow Up By: Mick T3 - Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 17:15

Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 17:15
At Ora Banda it was simply a feeling of energy pouring up my body from the ground, pop2jocem. Not particularly pleasant or unpleasant, just unusual. I expected to have wild dreams on the nights at both spots, but nothing was unusual.

At Wolfe Creek in 1998, and in subsequent visits I always felt sort of sick, not in the stomach, but as if my head wanted to vomit.

In Aum Shrinrikyo country, north of Laverton and Leonora, and amongst those secret radar bases, I felt nothing unusual except amazement at the homesteads where three generations of a family had given their lives then abandoned them as they couldn't make a living from them.

FollowupID: 818631

Follow Up By: pop2jocem - Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 19:59

Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 19:59
Thanks MM,

Might skip over the possible conception of your girl if you don't mind.

Having camped many times in the Murchison district and know plenty of others that have, I must admit I have never personally felt uneasy or had anyone else have such an experience but sometimes you just got to go with your feelings.
Have you ever had anyone else relate similar experiences about that area before you camped, or attempted to camp, there that night?

Mick, my first visit to the Wolfe Creek crater was also in 1998. We called in there on our way to Billiluna before our CSR trip. We walked around and into the crater but never experienced any feeling of something not being quite right.
Please don't misunderstand, I would certainly not call whatever you felt into question, what you felt is what you felt.

Maybe I am just not receptive to whatever is generating those feelings. Being a nosey sort of bloke I am interested in what others have sensed and try to get some sort of empathy.
Any one up for a road trip...??

Not right now, long drive back from Darwin.

Cheers
Pop
FollowupID: 818649

Follow Up By: Member - Scott M (NSW) - Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 20:02

Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 20:02
Funny thing Michelle ... like you I've stopped in a few places to camp that ticked all the right boxes, yet I've had an uncomfortable feeling about the place that I couldn't put my finger on. Nothing obvious, just didn't feel right.

That sort of monster at the bottom of the stairs or under the bed feeling you used to get when you were a small child. Totally illogical, I didn't bunk out - stayed the night, but wouldn't say they were a comfortable night.

The Aboriginies had (and still do) have a highly evolved concept of 'good' and 'bad' ground. A lot of times it's based on some bad event (death) - sometimes it's just bad spirits......
FollowupID: 818651

Follow Up By: Cheryl & Ian (NSW) - Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 20:50

Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 20:50
In 1997 when we were touring for several months we went canoeing up the Murchison river past second gully. We were having a great time, relaxed and enjoying the scenery for an hour or so. Then all of a sudden Ian and I both felt spooked. There was no obvious reason, but we felt that sense of 'doom' so turned around. We then felt like something was following us for quite awhile and were quite relieved to get back to our car.

Cheryl

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 818659

Follow Up By: Sash - Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 21:42

Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 21:42
Cheryl
Now that one sent shivers up my spine
Stayed in a few pubs around the Murchison and there are definitely stories that go with the feelings and sightings (personal experiences)
FollowupID: 818663

Follow Up By: Ron N - Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 11:40

Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 11:40
Cheryl & Ian - The old Geraldine lead mine, about 5kms down from the Murchison River bridge is well known for some extremely spooky experiences.

A former motoring journalist of the West Australian newspaper, John Clydesdale, was camped in a tent near the Geraldine mine while he did some research on a book he was writing about Australia's first road train, a Bray steam traction engine, that was planned to be used on the Geraldine Mine in the 1860's.

He and his mate were woken in the wee small hours by a sharp instrument poking into their tent material just above his head, and then being dragged down the full length of the tent!

Then, after sitting bolt upright, they saw a dancing ball of light at the foot of the tent that seemed to resemble car headlights in the distance.
They both flew out of the tent, with their .22 rifle, only to find absolutely nothing for miles.
They were so badly spooked they took off - and when they told the locals about their experience, the locals just said, "Oh yes, everyone who camps up there, comes back with a tale of being spooked!

The full story is in the book, "Pioneer of the Road", by John Clydesdale.
The spookiness of the Geraldine minesite is reputedly due to a miner, and perhaps others, killed during the life of the mine.

Cheers, Ron.
FollowupID: 818695

Reply By: get outmore - Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 16:10

Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 16:10
......No -Never
AnswerID: 534872

Reply By: Gone Bush (WA) - Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 16:38

Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 16:38
You never know what's happening out there.

That Japanese sect that let off Sarin gas in a Tokyo subway apparently experimented with a particular type of bomb in the WA goldfields.

Site Link
I'm glad I ain't too scared to be lazy
- Augustus McCrae (Lonesome Dove)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 534875

Follow Up By: Mick T3 - Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 17:27

Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 17:27
"Bright Skies" by Perth geo-physicist Harry Mason is worth reading on this subject of Aum Shrinrykio and Banjarwarn station. The Sarin gas story was a smoke screen to cover up that Aum were there observing electro-magnetic weapons testing of unknown powers.

The Hill family in Laverton have had UFO experiences.
FollowupID: 818633

Follow Up By: Gone Bush (WA) - Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 18:01

Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 18:01
Apparently the signature of whatever type of device those guys were playing with is a bright ON/OFF flash.

One night back in 1999, Mrs Bush and I were driving from Perth down to Mandurah late at night using the road past the nickel refinery (this was well before the freeway extension etc) and we saw a very bright, very blue, flash ON/OFF centred on Garden Island but extending almost full width of the horizon.

No idea what it was but there are all sorts of rumours about Garden Island.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 818634

Follow Up By: pop2jocem - Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 19:40

Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 19:40
Interesting link Steve, gave me a few hours of reading and much more still unread.

Conspiracy theories, maybe, being in a position to direct aircraft you may have been aware of U2 and Blackbird flights long before the average bear even became aware of their existence.
I remember as a very young 8 or 9 year old a family friend telling my parents about a thing called a satellite that was going to be put into orbit around the Earth and would send radio signals back. This guy worked in an overseas telecommunications installation just south of Perth, long since demolished. I believe an under water cable came ashore here. The info was fed back then by some sort of device that produced what I have heard referred to as "ticker tape".
Not long after Sputnik 1 hit the headlines.

Cheers
Pop
FollowupID: 818646

Follow Up By: Gone Bush (WA) - Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 20:04

Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 20:04
Pop,

we did have a Blackbird accidentally flick his transponder on once. Heading south of all directions and so high he was actually outside controlled airspace.

In 1986 (I think) we had a UFO flap for several hours on a bright sunny morning. Observed by several of us and on radar (both ours and Pearce's). Only very bright lights but definitely controlled.

We also used to get the occasional phone call from Jindalee, near Alice Springs, when military aircraft from one of our very big neighbours just to our north, used to tuck in behind civil aircraft inbound over the Kimberley. Just to see how far they could get into Australia before getting pinged.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 818652

Follow Up By: pop2jocem - Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 20:33

Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 20:33
Well there you go.
We lived up at Bullsbrook for a while and so got to know heaps of the RAAFys. Got to hear stories about controlled airspace and how it affected Perth when they were having their training nights.
Never realised controlled airspace had a top limit. Don't think any of the Macchies they had at the time would go quite that high lol.

Cheers
Pop
FollowupID: 818656

Follow Up By: Gone Bush (WA) - Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 20:43

Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 20:43
That low flying Macchi giving you the woops way back then was probably this young man.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 818657

Follow Up By: Sash - Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 22:12

Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 22:12
I can remember the Vampires coming over our farm and just about wiping out our TV antenna many times I guess you are too young to be blamed for this
FollowupID: 818665

Follow Up By: pop2jocem - Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 22:29

Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 22:29
So Steve,

How come the transition from jet jockey to telling them to line up.

Cheers
Pop
FollowupID: 818667

Follow Up By: Gone Bush (WA) - Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 22:39

Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 22:39
Sash,
Too young by only a year or so. I got there just after the Macchis replaced the Vampires.

Pop,
So close, yet so far. I was scrubbed within sight of my Wings Test.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 818669

Follow Up By: pop2jocem - Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 22:51

Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 22:51
Look on the bright side mate. You got to explain to the Garuda boys the difference between the runway lights and the street lights on Horrie Miller Drive....lol

Cheers
Pop
FollowupID: 818672

Follow Up By: Gone Bush (WA) - Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 23:13

Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 23:13
I was actually in the tower that night, but I think you know that already.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 818673

Reply By: Member - Frank P (NSW) - Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 17:01

Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 17:01
Three couples in our group were soaking ourselves on a clear moonless night in Dalhousie Springs.

I saw a bright green light just above the horizon to the south-east, moving very quickly and steadily, too fast for an aeroplane (also wrong colour - for an aeroplane moving in that direction relative to us it should have been a red light), too slow and steady for an astronomical object, too bright and green and fast for a satellite. It moved from south to north, rising to about 30 degrees above the horizon and then disappeared below the horizon to the north-east.

Never found out what it was. Do the Min-Mins make green lights?

Cheers
FrankP

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 534876

Follow Up By: Member - Duncan W (WA) - Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 19:59

Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 19:59
Frank I had a similar experience to that while camped opposite Point Lilian just west of the Connie Sue in the GVD a few years back. Got up at about 03:00am to water a tree and I saw a light just as you described.

It was too cold to spend much time admiring the view but long enough to see the light come and go.

Cheers

Dunc
Dunc
Make sure you give back more than you take

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 818650

Reply By: Ron N - Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 17:10

Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 17:10
I've never experienced any strange energies - but I'm not the type that's sensitive to "energies".
My missus reckons she can feel "energies" or spirits in various places.

I've spent many years in the bush - often on my own for long periods - but I've rarely seen anything that doesn't have an explanation - apart from 2 experiences.

One was a huge green fluorescent light that appeared in a patch of trees at 10:00PM on night, in farmland in the SE wheatbelt of W.A. in the late 1970's.
The brother and his wife were a couple of kms behind me in another car and saw it, too.

This patch of trees was a small nature reserve, probably about 100 Ha, that was heavily timbered with big Salmon Gums.
The reserve was alongside a road that ran off to the left of the one we were on.

The light suddenly appeared as we drove along the road, and it would have been about a km to my left at about 45 degrees.
It just suddenly light up half the reserve with a massive, amazingly brilliant, fluoro-green glow.
I'd estimate the light source was at least the size of two houses.

No sooner had the light appeared, than it shot directly straight up into the sky at an astonishing speed - faster than any rocket.
It just vanished to a pinpoint within about 5 or 6 seconds. The whole episode probably totalled 10 seconds.

To say I was totally mystified is an understatement. Neither of us stopped until we got home some 10 mins later.
I asked the brother and SIL if they saw the light, and they said "Yes!".
We just shrugged it off, with no further discussion. It didn't fit anything we recognised, nor was it anything we could explain in terms of our knowledge or experience.
The general area was noted for UFO sightings in the '60's and '70's, with dozens of reports.
We always reckoned the U.S. military or aerospace people have secret developments that are in the realm of sci-fi - and they always like to test them in "remote" areas.

The second unexplained event was when I was driving North from Perth to Cue in my 80 series Landcruiser about 1992.
It was late at night, probably close to midnight, and I was well North of Wubin on the Gt Northern Hwy. Traffic was very light at that time of night.

I suddenly saw a set of very dull headlights appear coming towards me about 5kms away. They looked like old 6V VW Beetle headlights.
I was a little surprised, because every vehicle I'd passed had bright headlights and spotlights - the roos were about, in that country.

The headlights crawled towards me (I was hooking along) and they slowly got closer.
I watched them closely, curious as to why anyone would be travelling late at night in 'roo country with such poor headlights.

The headlights got to about a km from me, when suddenly, they turned left off the hwy (to my right) and vanished.
I looked for the headlight trail that would indicate they were travelling away from the hwy on a side road - but there was nothing but inky blackness.

I flicked the lights and spotlights onto high beam to see if I could see the road or track they took. There was nothing but unbroken bush. No tracks, no side roads, not even a truck bay. I slowed to 30 kmh, and looked and looked - but nothing.

I stopped and turned around and went back - thinking that perhaps they'd crashed off the road and rolled into the bush. Still nothing. I stopped and turned the 'Cruiser off. It was dead silent, typical of the outback. There was nothing for kms and kms.

I cranked the Cruiser up and turned around, heading back North again to Cue, and turned the event over and over in my mind.
I definitely saw headlights, I could see the road lit up in front of them. What was it? God only knows. The Phantom 309?? LOL

Cheers, Ron.
AnswerID: 534877

Follow Up By: Mick T3 - Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 17:23

Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 17:23
This is what I love about the outback.

FollowupID: 818632

Reply By: Robin Miller - Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 17:58

Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 17:58
Nothing here so far MIke , but according to an Ad I just saw on tv the Dome is going Magnetic on July 1st so might be a few responses then.
Robin Miller

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 534880

Reply By: Member - Murray R (VIC) - Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 21:06

Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 21:06
Mick
Last year we were in Mulkas cave near Wave rock and some aborigine kids were in the cave with us. One of them took of photo of my wife which they showed us later and there was two orbs in the photo one on each side of my wives head. Was spooky stuff after you read the story about the cave and Malkas.

Murray
Another Mexican

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 534891

Reply By: dieseltojo - Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 21:25

Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 21:25
I have a habit of watering the back yard lemon tree. Came home late the other night doing the deed, pitch black, and suddenly I could feel my hair stand on end......Bloody thorny branch in my hair....
AnswerID: 534892

Reply By: Aussi Traveller - Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 21:34

Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 21:34
In the late 80,s before Kakadu stage 3, I worked at the BHP site at El Sherana and Coronation Hill surveying the mineral lease, I visited several sickness country area's accompanied by the local elders.

I have camped at Koolpin Gorge 2 twice since and it spooks the hell out of me, I have spoken to some of the younger locals and explained my feelings and the stories from the old days, they have told me that it is ok because old feather foot is just letting me know he is there and looking after me.

I have no trouble through the day but I can not stay there at night time.

Phil.
AnswerID: 534894

Follow Up By: pop2jocem - Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 22:48

Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 22:48
Phil,

The areas know to the Aboriginals as sickness country wouldn't be the location of the Ranger uranium mine?

While having a look around Litchfield NP these last few days we called into a local picnic spot that has a noticeboard at the entrance informing that this was the Rum Jungle lake. I told the Mrs the story of what Rum Jungle was back in the late 40's and 50's through to the early 70's I believe. Apparently the cleanup has never been properly carried out with all parties trying to handball the responsibility to someone else. She wasn't too keen to dangle her toes in the water. Pretty low levels of radiation compared to what the processed product winds up with. Long time exposure, eating local plants and animals, drinking ground water, another matter.
Google Rum Jungle Uranium.
The good news is the U238 in the tailings dumps have a half life of something like 4.5 billion years. Won't be long before they need night lighting....lol

Cheers
Pop
FollowupID: 818670

Follow Up By: Aussi Traveller - Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 06:39

Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 06:39
Sickness country is all in the southern end of the park, it does co inside with uranium deposits but it is not the reason it is called such.

Sickness country is Bulla ( rainbow serpent ), sacred and burial sites.

Phil
FollowupID: 818678

Follow Up By: Motherhen - Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 08:34

Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 08:34
I think it does Phil. Sickness country was know from all time from the results of contact with the Uranium.

"Parts of the now park, including Gunlom and Coronation Hill, were referred to by the Jawoyn Aborigines as Buladjang (sickness country) - disturb the land and you will become very sick. The places known as sickness country correlated to the places where Uranium deposits were found. Buladjang is included in the Aboriginal Dreaming."

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 818680

Follow Up By: pop2jocem - Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 08:51

Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 08:51
interesting read
FollowupID: 818682

Follow Up By: Rod W - Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 09:10

Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 09:10
Hi Phil,
I camped at Koolpin Gorge several times in the early/mid seventies, the only thing I experienced was the beauty of the place.
FollowupID: 818685

Follow Up By: Motherhen - Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 09:13

Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 09:13
Thanks for the link Pop.

Mh
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 818686

Reply By: Member Kerry W (WA) - Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 11:39

Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 11:39
Hi Mick,
Had to add a few stories for you. In the mid 70s I spent a lot of time in the bush and often at night (CMF officer training) as a forward scout, a dubious honour at the time, but I had a knack of always knowing when we were about to be ambushed, so I became the sacrificial lamb of choice on any exercises we were on at the time. Looking back over the years and being one to always trust my gut feeling, I reckon some of us simply pick up the "vibes" if you like, of other people around us. Much easier to do in the bush where there are less distractions. City living must desensitise most folk to a lot of good stuff like this.

One particular night back in the late 90s camped at Booloomba Ck behind the Sunshine Coast (a favourite place we frequented often since the mid 80s) with my then 10 or 11 year old Daughter I had the heebie-jeebies something bad. I wanted to pack up and go home cause I felt my daughter simply should not be out there. Rationalising and feeling very comfortable in the dark we stayed but I do like to sleep at night soooo...In short we stayed on and I simply "stood to" and set up a perimeter around our camp with fishing line and some tins, dragged out a PIR sensor alarm we bought when we used to take the kids camping (for this very purpose I suppose) and immediately the fear dissipated.

All well and good until some time later the first of 3 murders/disappearances occurred in that area (2 of which Ms's Bridge and Glassop from the very road we were on! - in 1999/2000 from memory).

Looking back with hindsight I am so glad I trusted my gut instinct and was thankful for the military training I had. Turns out we had, over our years of visiting the area, met the prime suspect of these murders, an excellent bushman, he frequented the forests and trails, worked at a outdoor guide for an outreach program out there.

My only interpretation of my paranoia was that he was watching us that night, possibly contemplating. What immediately would have turned him off us, was that I created a defensive perimeter. He would have seen that I/we no longer presented as victims or an easy target and lost interest.

Then again maybe I imagined it all...I am open to that possibility - but I no longer ignore my intuition and find that I seem to be in the "right place at the right time" when I trust it.

As for strange energies - I work underground on a mine site at Kalgoorlie we have a particular area in our decline (about 400m below the surface) and quite often as I drive past it I get a slight head spin (for want of a better description) only there and nowhere else. Have noticed it for ages, actually take it for granted would not have thought it worthy of mention if you hadn't posted this. (and yes I may go check out your Ora Banda thingy) sometime this winter)
Kerry W (Qld)
Security is mostly a superstition. It doesnt exist in nature. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
-Helen Keller

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 534907

Follow Up By: Member Kerry W (WA) - Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 12:04

Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 12:04
Hi Again Mick
Dont know about strange energies - but took this shot back in the 80s on Armit Island just North of the Whitsundays.

Years later a friend said
"OMG! Look at the Face looking over your shoulder!"

Then, just to make it a tad more interesting, my wife was reading a Book on Australian Ghosts a few years ago (forget the authors name now but we've tried to get hold of him to no avail)

He had a chapter on "The Ghost of Armit Island" who supposedly appeared to a few fishermen back some time ago and was renowned for some strange noises and voices heard on the island.
Ghost was supposedly a rather well fed ruddy faced english sea captain who perished nearby.

There seems to be a resemblance - the photo is not doctored and no! I didnt feel any heebie-jeebies until my wife showed me the story.

Kerry W (Qld)
Security is mostly a superstition. It doesnt exist in nature. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
-Helen Keller

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 818697

Reply By: oldtrack123 - Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 13:03

Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 13:03
HI
In our travels we have had a few
But the strongest was at N'halia Gorge. many years ago
WE walked a fair way into the gorge . Rock engravings were everywhere on the ground , walls, rocks etc
My Wife decide to have a rest while I walked further I left hersitting on a rock
& our small dog
The further I walked into the gorge the more I believed I could hear voices specking in a strange tongue
Finally I came to a large rock virtually blocking the path
It was engraved with a full sized Ray man [Figure with lines radiatig from head & body] I went to press my way around it when my body got the cold shivers & I am sure the voices got louder
I decided to go no further
When I got back to where I had left my wife , she was not there
So I proceeded back to the car
It was late afternoon & we had intended to spend the night there
When I got there her First words were
"WE ARE NOT STAYING HERE tonight"
When I asked her why ?
Her reply was" there is something wrong about this place, Just after you left I heard loud mumblings voices .
I went cold all over & could not stop shivering .and the dog which i was patting took off back to the car ,she would not stop even when i called her"

That dog was always very obedient & usually never left my wife's side ,& even back at the car was acting frightened

As it was late I tried to get her to agree to stay, which she did , but she did not sleep that night.
I did not tell about my experience until several days later
Has any one else been to N'halia gorge [east of Alice Springs] ?
PeterQ
AnswerID: 534915

Reply By: get outmore - Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 13:38

Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 13:38
I find people scare themselves and it runs away on them like a train.
Ive had a housemate move out within 2 days because they were sure my house was haunted

lived there for 5 years and i sure never saw a ghost

Ive been out and about from ora banda many times without coming accross any "strange energy"
ive never seen a min min light (sometimes i think i must be the only person)
and certainly never seen an unusual object in the sky.

As A kid i used to read all the books and thought I too might one day see unexplained phenomana

but the older I got the more I realized it just doesnt exist
AnswerID: 534919

Follow Up By: Rod W - Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 15:04

Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 15:04
Hey get outmore you have seen an unexplained phenomena. Me
FollowupID: 818717

Follow Up By: pop2jocem - Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 15:49

Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 15:49
get outmore

I'm glad it ain't just me, I was starting to feel a bit discriminated against.

I would love to see a min min light or any other type, feel the energy welling up out of the Earth or get a visit from some disembodied spirit.
So far nothing, nil, zip, and I have travelled this wide brown land both day and night. Now some will say be careful what you wish for.
The closest to a personal encounter of the 3rd kind that I have come across happened to my son and his family.
The story goes that while he was living and working in the Pilbara he decided to take his family to a gorge that one of his work mates told him about. Beaut day,clear skies, typical mid winter dry as weather for that neck of the woods for that time of year.
Anyway, they got to the gorge under clear skies and got out of the car. Not long after a cloud formation started to roll in. He said it reminded him of photos he had seen of the morning glories that appear over the gulf country. He had never seen one in the flesh so to speak. Next thing lightning, thunder and strong wind. The lightening started hitting the ground all around where they were so of course they all got back into the car and high tailed it out of there. He said the lightening appeared to be following them as he sped out of there, hitting the ground either side of the car.
He told a couple of the guys at work what happened. One of the blokes was an Aboriginal. He asked the son if he had asked the local spirits permission to enter that gorge. The son wanted to know what he was on about. This guy explained that there was a good chance white fellers are not supposed to enter and if the local Aboriginals enter they always make their presence known before entering. He reckoned the local spirit people were just warning him to behave.
Make what you will of that but I can assure you it really shook the young bloke up.
When we did the CSR trip back in 1998 we spent a few days at Durba Springs and walked into several of the gorges. One of them has now been recognised as a sacred sight for the local Martu people and I think you are asked not to enter. Kilugurra Gorge or Springs I think. There is a stone pillar at the entrance.
Sorry but none of us felt any apprehension about entering.
Maybe it's just me.

Cheers
Pop
FollowupID: 818719

Follow Up By: Bazza - Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 16:01

Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 16:01
I'ts not the dead you need to worry about, it's the living!

Capt.
FollowupID: 818721

Follow Up By: Ron N - Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 23:57

Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 23:57
A farmer mate in the wheatbelt told me this amusing story about him getting spooked.

He was on the tractor doing seeding at night about late May, and after many hours of going around and around and getting a little tired, he was suddenly stunned to see a huge golden glow appearing in amongst the distant clump of trees at the edge of the paddock.

The glow got brighter and brighter, and a big golden semi-circular shape appeared, seeming to well up out of the ground.
By this stage he was absolutely crapping himself, and he actually stopped the tractor and jumped off it, and hid behind a back wheel in absolute terror.

He peered around the wheel to see this huge golden orb keeping on rising out of the ground - then he suddenly realised he was looking at the moon rising!!

He reckoned he never felt so foolish in all his life - and he'd done a lot of seeding at night.
It was just the way the moon appeared, and so large, with just the right clear atmospheric conditions - and it caught him out, as he wasn't expecting a full moon, and certainly not in amongst the trees at the edge of the paddock.
His mind saw something else, and his imagination just raced away on him!
FollowupID: 818780

Reply By: Mick T3 - Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 16:30

Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 16:30
These are such interesting tales that I will try and visit most of these places over the next few years.
AnswerID: 534933

Reply By: pop2jocem - Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 20:00

Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 20:00
I don't know about ghosts, goblins, disembodied spirits, poltergeists or any other paranormal activity but this thread has certainly taken on a life of it's own...lol

Cheers
Pop
AnswerID: 534952

Reply By: The Bantam - Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 22:37

Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 22:37
The human body and the human mind are amazing things.

The human mind is very sugsetable and conicidence plays a far greater part in our lives than many would like to believe.

I know and have worked with several magicians...there is a branch of magic known as mentalism, that relies on the sugestanbility of the mind, the reality of coincidence and the normal workings of the world that people simply do not understand.

A lot of what we now know as stage magic derived from religeous fraud as practiced by shman, fachiers and medcin men of the past and of the third world.

Give the right stimulous and programming the human mind can create some very convincing illusions.

That said....the human mid and the human body can sence things that most people will not believe and certainly do not understand.

The scheptics claim to have disproven water devining.....my brother is a windmill doctor with over 30 years experience.....he tells me that there are people who can definitely devine water with accuracy.....he knows he can not....he has friends who can and have tried to teach him......but he just does not have the tallent.
This remains a mystery...the understanding has moved on from it being a spiritual gift.....it is still not known how it works but it is suspected that it is electromagnetic or electrostatic.

Various animals can detect all sorts of things we as humans have great difficulty measuring with sofisticated equipment.
we know most fish have a very accurate sence of barometric pressure, sharks and rays have incredible ability to detect electrical signals..even electrical signals within the bodies of other animals.
Many animals have hearing, smell and taste that make out own senses look very poor indeed.
Some of our own normaly known senses are incredibly acute, such that we have not developed instruments to record or measure what we can sence.

I am in no doubt that there are people with genuine senses that at this point we do not understand......like most things our abilities vary greatly from individual to individual.

All that is said before we start considering the unknown weirness that is in our world..and there is most certainly planty of that....both natural and man made.

Are we alone in the universe.....hell I don't know.....but there is plenty of unexplained weirdness here on this earth to be going on with.

cheers
AnswerID: 534964

Follow Up By: pop2jocem - Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 22:47

Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 22:47
Bantam,

Not sure about ESP and all that stuff but I know my late father in law was very good at water divining. One of his brothers was even better. He could tell you to within couple of feet how deep the stream was, roughly how much flow you could expect and whether the water was salty or not just by wandering around with a twig off a tree or a bit of bent wire. My Mrs can do it a bit but nothing like those other two.
Me, I couldn't find a bath tub full of water without a map, compass and a sizable government grant if I was standing in the bathroom.

Cheers
Pop
FollowupID: 818770

Follow Up By: The Bantam - Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 23:11

Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 at 23:11
There is no doubt in my mind that water devining is a physical thing.....some of these guys that use the aussie method of a couple of bent pieces of wire can actully get mild burns, blisters or inflamation on there hands where they hold the rods, if they go at it for too long.

There was a doco on the ABC about a family that ran a drilling business..staunch baptists.....the father was very good and had the gift strong.....the daughter was pretty good and the son was not so strong.
the old man was getting a bit less mobil in his old age..so when the yonger in the family where having difficulty they would get the old man out.
he could still devine well sitting the the pasenger seat of the 4wd..so they would sit him in the 4wd and drive him arround the padock till they found what they needed.

I hope I live long enough to find out how this works.

cheers
FollowupID: 818776

Follow Up By: Member Kerry W (WA) - Wednesday, Jun 25, 2014 at 02:02

Wednesday, Jun 25, 2014 at 02:02
Worked for a Water Driller in Bowen in the early 80 - Walter Willcox was his name. Was a 100% accurate diviner, we never drilled a dry bore in my entire time there. Bowen is in the dry tropics and admittedly the Don river flats had a lot of underground water but up in the dry foothills on ridges and elevated areas we always got our 20,000 gallons per hour plus.

He used anything at hand - wire, wet and dry branches still knew exactly where the streams were. We just took it for granted like a lot of things back then.

A bit off the subject, but talk about taking things for granted ....there was a talking Crow in Bowen from the 60s to the 80s named Billy Potter - was a local celebrity. Im sure somebody else on this forum would be aware of his antics. It was such a common visitor to our school at the time we never thought it unusual. It had a vocabulary of about 30 words 12 of which were swear words which he could punch out at crow volume - so was audible for hundreds of metres at times. I can still see him telling the red faced nuns what they were, where to go, and what to do, as they tried to shoo him off the footy posts with giggling kids being sent up to the classrooms. Sadly he was shot by somebody sometime in the early 1980s when the town started to grow. (amazed he lasted as long as he did).

With the media the way it is these days he would likely be on National TV if he was still alive.

Oh for an iPhone back in those days....
Kerry W (Qld)
-Helen Keller

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 818782

Follow Up By: The Bantam - Wednesday, Jun 25, 2014 at 19:32

Wednesday, Jun 25, 2014 at 19:32
back in the 60's my sisters inlaws had a couple of talking crows that used to frequent their back landing at blibli..maybe not as verbose as the one in Bowen....but given the opportinity crows are pretty fair mimicks

I've heard both magpies and lyre birds mimick mobile phones ringing and alarm clocks.

I have met a particular magpie that used to neak up behond people and make the right noise for their mobil phone...who says animals don't have a sense of humour.

cheers
FollowupID: 818829

Sponsored Links