Tickets, tolls and traffic fees?

Submitted: Saturday, Jun 28, 2014 at 13:11
ThreadID: 108524 Views:2046 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I am travelling from overseas and bought a car in Victoria. But because I don't have a permanent adress I gave them one in Melbourne when I started, that I don't use anymore. Is there an easy way to check if there are any outstanding tickets, toll or traffic fees? Don't want to find out when I sell the car or worse next time I come to visit that I have to pay for tickets and interest or something...

Cheers

Philipp
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: PGU - Saturday, Jun 28, 2014 at 13:11

Saturday, Jun 28, 2014 at 13:11
Oh and I travel most of the Australian states... so in best case is there a source where you can check them all at once?
AnswerID: 535134

Follow Up By: Member - Lester77 - Sunday, Jun 29, 2014 at 12:34

Sunday, Jun 29, 2014 at 12:34
And drive through rather large wombat holes with all your possessions on the roof no doubt???? (Sorry all.... You had to be there)
FollowupID: 819049

Reply By: Member - Frank P (NSW) - Saturday, Jun 28, 2014 at 13:52

Saturday, Jun 28, 2014 at 13:52
Try the following in google:

how can i check if i have any outstanding traffic fines +site:.au

The "+site:.au" ensures you get hits only from Australian sites.

Cheers
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 535135

Follow Up By: Member - Frank P (NSW) - Saturday, Jun 28, 2014 at 16:30

Saturday, Jun 28, 2014 at 16:30
I'll re-phrase that. The "+site:.au" ensures you get hits only from sites that end in .au. If an Australian site has just .com, for example, it won't be returned in the results.

I think all state roads and traffic authorities will have .au, so the results should be relevant.
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 818980

Reply By: fisho64 - Sunday, Jun 29, 2014 at 14:21

Sunday, Jun 29, 2014 at 14:21
I wouldnt worry about it mate, its not Afghanistan or Pakistan.
They will find you if its important enough.
But an oustanding parking/traffic fine isnt going to stop you getting back in the country later anyhow.

Unless you do something major its not an issue. Plus the fines are often waived/written off for foreigners anyhow.

Bummer that a law abiding person coming here for a holiday needs to stress that they may inadvertantly get into trouble for doing the wrong thing, but thats the way I think the gov likes it to be now.

Once you get out of Victoria you'll be safe, its only really the VPol who shoot people regularly :-)
AnswerID: 535194

Sponsored Links