blown up membership, cant post photos

Submitted: Sunday, Jun 29, 2014 at 20:00
ThreadID: 108543 Views:1846 Replies:4 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
I joined, I blew it up, dual membership, It was fixed, it still don't run

I cant post photos to threads of the forum, says "this feature is only available to financial members". I have resized, I have sent in samples, it still does the same?

Any clues?
Jim
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Sunday, Jun 29, 2014 at 23:06

Sunday, Jun 29, 2014 at 23:06
Hi Jim

Sorry to hear that you are having problems. Are you following what I will post below?

First press the Insert Image and Files button in blue below

Now you will see this screen....

Press this button and to where you have saved your image. I always save them to the desktop, so they are easy to find.

Once you select the image, you will get a small thumbnail and a window where you must add the text.

Once you have done that, you will have successfully uploaded an image to ExplorOz, for all the world to see.

This is what happens when a quite drive turns pear shape with no recovery gear on board, and you have to make use of what you have on hand.

I hope this will help you out.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 535236

Follow Up By: Member - Jim B8 - Monday, Jun 30, 2014 at 06:07

Monday, Jun 30, 2014 at 06:07
Stephen
I do all that, up to the bit about adding tags, text. It blows up just prior to that, says "this function is reserved for financial members"

I uploaded 2 photos to my profile page when I joined, no worries. But then my membership somehow got duplicated, and I couldn't see my profile etc. Admin deleted one account, but I cant upload photos since?
I will report it to Admin, see how I go
thanks for your reply
Jim
FollowupID: 819096

Follow Up By: Slow one - Monday, Jun 30, 2014 at 06:28

Monday, Jun 30, 2014 at 06:28
Bloody hell Stephan, now I know where the sheets off my dunny went.
FollowupID: 819097

Follow Up By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Monday, Jun 30, 2014 at 07:54

Monday, Jun 30, 2014 at 07:54
Hi slow one,

I did put them back, lol.

I bet you wondered where those big brown GT stripes came from....

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 819098

Reply By: The Explorer - Sunday, Jun 29, 2014 at 23:41

Sunday, Jun 29, 2014 at 23:41
Hi

Happen to me once - was only temporary - cant remember finer details. Maybe turn PC off/on ...or just try again tomorrow. If problem persists contact ExplorOz admin direct.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 535238

Reply By: Member - John and Val - Monday, Jun 30, 2014 at 07:55

Monday, Jun 30, 2014 at 07:55
Hi Jim,

I suspect that you are not logged into the site. If your ARE logged in as a member, then top left of the screen above the scrolling image you should have a row of orange buttons.... "My Home", "My Details", "My Profile",...

Until you are logged in these buttons are marked "Register", "Login".

Maybe your computer has an error in its auto login info?

Cheers

John

J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 535243

Follow Up By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Monday, Jun 30, 2014 at 08:54

Monday, Jun 30, 2014 at 08:54
Hi John

If he was not logged on as a member, he would not have been able to do this post.

The first thing that it would have asked is that you must be logged on to make a post.

Cheers
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 819107

Follow Up By: Member - John and Val - Monday, Jun 30, 2014 at 09:38

Monday, Jun 30, 2014 at 09:38
Hi Stephen,

Oooops ! As I understand it, non-members must be registered and then can login. They can then post words, but not photos. As a non-member he could have made a post but couldn't upload a photo which seemed to be the situation

What I missed was that Jim's signature includes an image plus access to his profile, blogs and the opportunity to send member messages... and... his post is headed "Member...". Pretty obvious really - the site recognises him as a member!! I withdraw with red face!!

I've drawn this problem to David's attention, but I know he's knee deep in a major system migration at the moment so may not be able to attend to it immediately.

Cheers

John

J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 819108

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Monday, Jun 30, 2014 at 10:53

Monday, Jun 30, 2014 at 10:53
Jim,

I noticed your email in the inbox and Adele will get onto this for you ASAP. However I suspect that you have a cookie problem with your browser setup.

Can you tell me what OS and browser you are using?
Do you check the Remember Me check box when you logon?
Are you logging on with Facebook or typing your details?

One thing to try is Logoff - use the Logoff button on the My Home tab. Once you are off go to the Login tab and click the Clear ExplorOz Cookies function on the RHS of the panel. Then close the broser reopen and logon and try again.

Let us know how you get on?

David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 535252

Follow Up By: Member - Jim B8 - Monday, Jun 30, 2014 at 15:56

Monday, Jun 30, 2014 at 15:56
David
No that didn't work, - remember I am the newby that somehow duplicated my membership account, I think this is related to that event?
I logged off (or tried to), rebooted the computer - win pro 7 with IE10, went back to the site but it showed I was already logged on? I have never seen a "log On" button that I can remember, its always just went on.

Leave it a week, get the migration over, then have a look?
Everything works, but when I post photos to a thread, it says I am not financial

This is not important, look at it when you can? Member 10406

regards
Jim
FollowupID: 819134

Sponsored Links