Ozi Android update 1.22

Submitted: Saturday, Jul 05, 2014 at 10:15
ThreadID: 108608 Views:3158 Replies:3 FollowUps:7
This Thread has been Archived
Hi there,

Did anyone else notice there is a new update to Android for Oziexplorer?

New features:

See the help on the web site for details on how to use the new functions.
Added direct support for Bluetooth GPS.
Added ability to specify a .wav file for each waypoint proximity, the sound is played when your position enters the waypoint proximity.
Added ability to automatically load use tracks form a folder, all tracks in the folder are loaded as OziExplorer starts.
The number of user tracks which can be loaded has been increased to 100 with 100000 points.
GPX files containing waypoints can be imported, use Import Waypoint File menu option.
A display datum, which is used to display positions in any datum can now be specified in Units Configuration.
The waypoint list now has a search function.
A User Track list has been added and the line color and width can now be modified for each loaded track.
Added "Load User track" button to the screen designer.
Added "Unload All User Tracks" button to screen designer.
Many bug fixes.

I have already installed it, took me less than 5 minutes. Works great.
Cheers
Alan

Looking for adventure.
In whatever comes our way.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: get outmore - Saturday, Jul 05, 2014 at 16:43

Saturday, Jul 05, 2014 at 16:43
yep had it installed for a week or so - seems to work ok
AnswerID: 535488

Reply By: The Explorer - Sunday, Jul 06, 2014 at 11:11

Sunday, Jul 06, 2014 at 11:11
Thanks Alan,

Hadnt used it for a while...cranked it up (old version) on the flight to Broome yesterday to see where we were. Worked fine...though I had neglected to install a map of the southern Kimberley...somewhat ironic when you think about it. Anyway have updated and will put on Hema's Kimberley map...(just doing quick tour of major sites with the kids). Will give it a run and see how it goes.

Must also say the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 was great on the plane for watching videos....and only used less than ~25% battery in ~3 hours...which I thought was good.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 535513

Reply By: Member - graeme W (WA) - Sunday, Jul 06, 2014 at 13:52

Sunday, Jul 06, 2014 at 13:52
Hi Alan. Did you download the update from the programme as it says . My version is 1.21 and it looks as though the new one is 1.22.Downloaded the update and device says update downloaded to sd card but when restarted still says version 1.21 . When you check for an update it says go to oziexplorer . com but can only see the normal download button in there where the software is purchased.
cheers Graeme
AnswerID: 535531

Follow Up By: Member - Frank P (NSW) - Sunday, Jul 06, 2014 at 14:31

Sunday, Jul 06, 2014 at 14:31
Graeme,

If you're doing the download on your device, not your PC, you may have found an old installation file in a different folder on your device to where the new one went. Happened to me. I installed the .apk file I found and actually went back from 1.21 to an earlier version where some stuff that did work in 1.21, didn't.

I did a file search and found yesterday's download and installed it. It is 1.22. Also deleted all old copies.

Cheers
FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 819391

Follow Up By: Member - graeme W (WA) - Sunday, Jul 06, 2014 at 15:52

Sunday, Jul 06, 2014 at 15:52
Hi Frank. Searched both devices and found a .apk file on both. In different places would you believe. Doesn't say its the new version unfortunately. Ozi is a great programme but doesn't have a great help menu and I find its up to user to work most things out which can be very time consuming and difficult. One would think an update would do just that and update.. Recently had to figure out how to transfer waypoints from one device to another both with the software installed. The answer from ozi was to export from one and import from the other. The actual answer I finally figured out is to export waypoints on the first which creats a .wpt file. You then have to copy and paste to the second device then import them on that device. A few more steps involved than the answer given. Unfortunately this also copies any waypoints you may have already had on both devices and they have to manually deleted one by one. Certainly a learning curve.
cheers Graeme.
FollowupID: 819400

Follow Up By: equinox - Sunday, Jul 06, 2014 at 18:43

Sunday, Jul 06, 2014 at 18:43
Hi Graeme,

I downloaded the file [oziexplorer1-release(2).apk] straight to my PC and copied over to the root directory of the tablet.
Then I opened it (double click etc) from the tablet and it installed he update.

I then copied the "Ozi Icon" to my main screen page and opened Ozi from there.

Hope that helps a bit.
Cheers
Alan

Looking for adventure.
In whatever comes our way.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 819420

Follow Up By: Member - graeme W (WA) - Sunday, Jul 06, 2014 at 19:53

Sunday, Jul 06, 2014 at 19:53
Hi Alan. Thanks for the reply. The. apk file i have is oziexplorer1-release.apk which i presume is the old 1.21. Funny that the devices both say update downloaded but there is also nothing under downloads or anywhere else in the file manager. Think i will stay with the old version above my skill level to do what you did to update. Might pay to check Alan if you can read the files with a pc connected because while trying to work out how to transfer waypoints a mate downloaded the old version to his tab and the new (without knowing it was new) to another device and a even though the files are there,file manager,oziexplorer, data, etc and the software works fine its not there when looked at through a pc with the new version. Be interesting if some else has the same problem. Hes going to uninstall reinstall to see if that fixes it.
Cheers Graeme.
FollowupID: 819428

Follow Up By: get outmore - Sunday, Jul 06, 2014 at 22:58

Sunday, Jul 06, 2014 at 22:58
Your making it too hard.
On your device go to the ozi website to the ozi for android page.
Download ozi explorer which will be 1.22
Go to the downloads folder on your device and double click on the ozi apk which will be the last thing downloaded.
Now ozi will update ... job done.
Took me maybe 2min
FollowupID: 819447

Follow Up By: Chris (Qld) - Monday, Jul 07, 2014 at 19:15

Monday, Jul 07, 2014 at 19:15
As get outmore says, its an easy painless exercise. but if you are unsure of which apk is which, just delete them, as they are not needed once the program has installed, then download again.
Coddiwomple (v.) To travel purposefully towards a vague destination.

FollowupID: 819491

Follow Up By: Member - graeme W (WA) - Monday, Jul 07, 2014 at 20:43

Monday, Jul 07, 2014 at 20:43
Hi Chris and Get outmore.
Thanks, all updated. Guess its one time you ignore the directions and dont use the update function.
Cheers Graeme.
FollowupID: 819508

Sponsored Links