sratch pro ap60 ...

Submitted: Saturday, Feb 28, 2004 at 11:00
ThreadID: 10867 Views:2882 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
"Scratch Pro AP 60". Ive seen this product in 4X4 mags, and also on the net, a 1mm latex type coating that rolls on wet and drys to a near clear finish, that protects paintwork from scratches birdsh1t, Uv etc.

Any used it? as good as it claims to be? as easy to use ?

I see it available in Qld ,anyone know where to get it in Vic? I'm east of Melb....

Jarrod
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Boobook - Saturday, Feb 28, 2004 at 18:59

Saturday, Feb 28, 2004 at 18:59
Jarrod, I recently tried it when I went away and it did work well. I put one coat on ( they reccomend two). It took about 30 mins to put on. I only did the sides.

I went through some areas where I would have had some light scratches from branches and blackberries and after removal there was no damage to the paint work.

After having to cut several scratches out in the past, I figure the scratch pro was less work that cutting back the scratches and much less expensive than having it cut professionally. The big thing is that sooner or later cutting back the paint will leave no paint.

It is good for going away for a trip but you could not leave it on perminantly to protect from sun, birds*&t etc. It is not totally transparent and goes on in varying thicknesses. It is semi transparent, but you get blobs of it at the edge of the roller. The paintwork looks like it is very dusty from a distance of say 5m.

To remove I took the fourby to one of those high pressure jet car washes. I usually do his after having been away to thoroughly clean under it etc, so removal was almost no effort. Doing both sides took about 2 / 3 of a can ( say $35). I think this is worth it compared to the alternative. Also you need to put it on 4 days to a week before you go away so it dries properly.
I got it at Opposite Lock in Footscray.

Boobook
AnswerID: 48551

Sponsored Links