Dog friendly camping in QLD

I would just like to ask why all the dog friendly camping areas in QLD are mostly all ugly, out of the way places that aren't really worth going to anyway or private owned land with understanding owners. I have a small 6 month old am staff pup and she is the prettiest little sook you've ever met, she loves going out in my tinny fishing with me and camping is so much fun with her. Exploring the bush knowing she is there to protect us from our dangerous wildlife if need be, makes me feel safe and feel I can walk anywhere in the scrub i need to go. All these beautiful islands and lush forest and me and my dog can't even go camping. My dog would not kill anything at all, (like I said she's a big sook and wouldn't hurt a butterfly) but I'm sure if something or someone came to hurt us at our camp or bush walks, she would be right there beside me protecting our lives and equipment. I think this is a silly law and it is more about controlling the people and not our animals. I can understand it's because a hand full of clowns have ruined it for everyone in the past, but if I keep her in control and/or on a leash where I have to, why should my innocent little puppy and I be punished for their actions. My pup is one of gods creations as well, yet she can't walk his earth like I do. what a joke. All we want to do is go camping and enjoy our beautiful state.

Can anybody suggest some lovely spots or island areas in QLD for me and my little pup to go camping? Thank You!!!
( Coastal areas please, she loves fishing and eats all my bait out of the cast net)
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Robyn R4 - Saturday, Jul 19, 2014 at 11:23

Saturday, Jul 19, 2014 at 11:23
Simply put, we are the victims of people who have gone before us with no thought or consideration for others.
Like the people who leave rubbish or toilet waste and cause camp sites to be closed, we follow on after careless people. Like the 4WD folk who push on through wet roads and carve them beyond use for the locals, we watch and wonder about our fair turn.
There's simply not enough consideration these days (and I'm only in my 40s!!)
Many people have said in the past "My dog is good" (yeh, right) and have spoiled it for others who really do have good dogs, clean up, keep control, etc etc
When you research, there are spots on the coast to be found (Im still researching!) but we have found inland people more open to 4 legged family members. We even had a lady in an outback dinosaur museum allow us to carry our weeny mutt into the museum rather than see my husband and I take it in turns to see the exhibit/dog-sit!
You'll probably find that there are the "leave your dog at home" people who will now tell you that your dog should be left at home but I personally think all your arguments are valid and I wait eagerly to see what's around SE Qld that we can access with our 4 legged sook, too!
Best of luck in your search for paradise!

:)
AnswerID: 536284

Follow Up By: Slow one - Saturday, Jul 19, 2014 at 11:43

Saturday, Jul 19, 2014 at 11:43
Yep,
a park we were in had just let dogs back on the proviso the owners cleaned up after them and kept them on a leash.

Well some didn't do that so I think that park is looking at banning them again.

I am afraid it is the dog owners that are your enemy, also with regard to dogs accessing sensitive areas, they have to make a blanket rule on all dogs as they don't know which are the well behaved and under control ones.

Our last dog looked like she would kill anything but in reality we had her under control. If I was the person deciding which dog to let in, it would not have been her just because of her looks and scars.

Blanket rule stops all problems.
FollowupID: 820355

Reply By: Steve - Saturday, Jul 19, 2014 at 11:49

Saturday, Jul 19, 2014 at 11:49
Nigel,

she's only 6 months old but when she's had a couple of dogs "challenge" her, she'll lose her innocence and will react aggressively if/when she sees fit and not necessarily when you expect. I have seen our dog grow from that same innocent little pup to now being wary of other dogs, due to idiotic owners allowing their dogs off leash and charging up to him, unchecked, resulting in his dawning realisation that not all other dogs are friendly.

Largely but not always, parks that allow dogs are the ones that need the business.

Otherwise, I think Robyn has covered it pretty well.

This site linked below is a good starting point - look for the "DFP" (dog friendly park) by each report. There are, actually plenty around. Some just allow them in the off season but some all year round.

For starters, there's Noosa North Shore Retreat just over the ferry crossing and a few around Poona nr Hervey Bay.

http://acpr.myparklist.com
AnswerID: 536285

Follow Up By: Nigel B3 - Saturday, Jul 19, 2014 at 13:57

Saturday, Jul 19, 2014 at 13:57
Thank you all for your fast replies. I can see your concern with other dogs running up Steve. Understandable, but another dog off a leash is not my problem. If one runs up to me and my dogs (We have a sooky 4yo b**ch also) I will kick it in the face if it tries to bite me or my babies. More people need to be responsible with their pets. No wonder breeds are banned. BAD DOGS ARE NOT BORN, THEY ARE CREATED!!!!!!!!!!
FollowupID: 820360

Follow Up By: Nigel B3 - Saturday, Jul 19, 2014 at 14:09

Saturday, Jul 19, 2014 at 14:09
TYVM For the link Steve, one of the best site's for pet camping parks going. Nice, like I said thank you very much.
FollowupID: 820363

Reply By: Allan B (Member, SunCoast) - Saturday, Jul 19, 2014 at 13:56

Saturday, Jul 19, 2014 at 13:56
Nigel, Every dog owner believes their pet to be a friendly harmless pet that would not hurt a flea. But the reality is otherwise.

I am a dog lover and have been a RSPCA Honorary Inspector and have an appreciation for both sides. As Robyn has said "we are the victims of people who have gone before us", so rules and restrictions have been made to protect those who may suffer from irresponsible owners. And not all the public are dog lovers.

It is also difficult to accept that virtually any dog would explore the bush without posing some risk to native wildlife.
Cheers
Allan

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 536291

Follow Up By: Nigel B3 - Saturday, Jul 19, 2014 at 14:00

Saturday, Jul 19, 2014 at 14:00
We pose the same risk times by 1000% as the risk my puppies put on our native wildlife and plants.
FollowupID: 820362

Follow Up By: Member - John and Val - Saturday, Jul 19, 2014 at 14:52

Saturday, Jul 19, 2014 at 14:52
Nigel I agree with Allen when he says "Every dog owner believes their pet to be a friendly harmless pet that would not hurt a flea. But the reality is otherwise."
We have a truly beautiful Border Collie girl (spayed) with very winning ways, and lovely manners from training by a previous owner who really knew what they were doing. BUT although she is now a mature-age girl in the company of another female canine its watch out, as fur will almost certainly fly. Outside on our rural block she will happily chase rabbits and hares - no threat to them as they can run faster. She ignores kangaroos and snakes (as far as we know) BUT if she sees a frill-neck or blue tongue lizard there is a reflex, lightning fast chomp and goodbye lizard - followed by very contrite behaviour as she knows that killing lizards means she gets scolded. She has been warned off echidnas numerous times but the nose still takes an occasional jab.

My point is that no matter how attractive or well trained a dog is, the instincts to kill and defend are still there and will kick in at unexpected moments and in unpredictable ways. We miss her when we travel but for her sake she stays at home with the housesitters.

Cheers,

Val
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 820364

Follow Up By: Bigfish - Saturday, Jul 19, 2014 at 17:45

Saturday, Jul 19, 2014 at 17:45
The wild dogs breeding in our national parks as a result of lost hunting dogs and family pets cause huge destruction. You are right about most dogs. They are harmless pets. Its the idiots who break laws and allow them into state forests, private land and national parks that laws have been introduced. My jack Russell girl was a beautiful dog that used to let birds sit on her and played with all sorts of animals. Temperament of a baby. However if I lost her in a forest I am sure she would have resorted to killing some sort of wildlife in order to survive. Agree with John and Val's last paragraph. Our dog was family and if she wasn't allowed into a site we didn't go either..
FollowupID: 820374

Follow Up By: Member - Frank P (NSW) - Saturday, Jul 19, 2014 at 21:21

Saturday, Jul 19, 2014 at 21:21
The risk to wildlife is not just the physical act of killing, or of the risk that they may escape and become feral or breed with ferals.

Just a dog's scent and its bark will make many species clear out of the area, believing their habitat to be invaded. Let it happen repeatedly and the natives will permanently go.

I love dogs, and cats, but only in the home environment. I'm sorry, IMO they have no place in our bushland even if they are leashed.

I like to watch, listen to and enjoy the wildlife in my campsite. Go to a campground where dogs are permitted (and I've been to a few), chances are you won't see or hear a thing other than dogs.
FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 820386

Follow Up By: braggy - Sunday, Jul 20, 2014 at 07:51

Sunday, Jul 20, 2014 at 07:51
Frank.

What you say is correct,
but human scents, noise, fires and left pollution, poses the same threats.

Cheers Ken
FollowupID: 820389

Follow Up By: Nigel B3 - Monday, Jul 21, 2014 at 01:29

Monday, Jul 21, 2014 at 01:29
Frank, like I stated earlier. Dogs are god's animals as well. What gives you the right to say "They have no place in our bush land." it's their's just as much as it is yours mate. I agree with some of your statements, but that is just silly.
FollowupID: 820430

Follow Up By: Member - Matt M - Monday, Jul 21, 2014 at 11:35

Monday, Jul 21, 2014 at 11:35
I think Allan, Val and Frank are about right. We are a family dog owners (and dog lovers) and as much as I think our dogs are 'safe' I still don't trust them; instinct is too strong. I am always wary of owners who will tell you, 'Oh, he/she wouldn't hurt a flee' and it smacks of irresponsibility to think this way. As someone else mentioned, access to a dog (particularly by small children) should always be carefully controlled. In the same way, owners who let their dogs around other people without control are not responsible owners, not matter how good they think their dog is.

Nigel, you claim Frank's point is silly, but base this on the fact that 'Dogs are put here by god'? Really? Even if you accept the argument that god put dogs on earth, the domestic dogs we are talking about are ENTIRELY the product of human selective breeding from wolves, not put here by god at all. So not really a part of the 'natural order' at all, regardless of how you think that order arose.

Cheers,

Matt.
FollowupID: 820444

Follow Up By: Member - Scott M (NSW) - Monday, Jul 21, 2014 at 14:07

Monday, Jul 21, 2014 at 14:07
"What gives you the right to say "They have no place in our bush land." it's their's just as much as it is yours mate. "

Nigel, what Frank is saying isn't Frank's rules - it's NP policy. Despite our protestations, they can and do exclude humans from areas of national parks as well as dogs to protect wildlife. At times even people don't have the right to go everywhere when they want.

Matt, does Vals' description remind you of someone ???? :-)
FollowupID: 820452

Follow Up By: Member - Frank P (NSW) - Monday, Jul 21, 2014 at 19:49

Monday, Jul 21, 2014 at 19:49
Nigel and Ken,

Yes, I do agree that we humans have an impact on the bush environment. And those bogans that light needlessly large campfires, play loud music constantly, crap in the bush and don't bury the doings, leave toilet paper, tissues and garbage strewn about and, dare I say it, let their dogs run unfettered, they're the ones who maximise the impact on wildlife and stuff the ambience that we all seek. And probably cause the rules that you dislike to be created.

In the issue we're discussing of restricted access for dogs to camps and CPs I feel for you and other dog-lovers, I really do. A dog as a companion animal (as distinct from one which is used as a hunting tool) with its obvious affection and loyalty can bring untold joy and comfort to its "owner". (Who owns who is often debatable!) I know - we had such a dog.

When he died we decided not to try to replace him because we were just beginning our travels and we decided that travelling and dogs are not a fair combination. I'm not knocking you for what you do or want to do, I'm just saying what position we arrived at.

A dog likes to run - look at what they do when you unleash them. Look at how they behave on a dog-friendly beach - they just run for the joy of it because the space is there and they've been allowed to do so.

So I think it is unfair to the dog to keep it leashed at all times. Yet this is what the rules are in most dog-friendly campgrounds and CPs.

This argument boils down to a matter of opinion. I do not wish to impose my opinion on you, I just want to state it and I respect yours if you differ.

If you let your friend run free it's naturally going to sniff around other peoples' campsites - that's what dogs do, they "see" and remember more with their noses than they do with their eyes - you're bound to upset someone who doesn't know your dog, or doesn't like dogs, or who just doesn't want someone else's animal wandering (or barging with enthusiasm and apparent bonhomie :-)) through their campsite. If it's a dog-friendly place, fine, everyone should know what to expect and accommodate it. And if you don't like that sort of thing, don't go there. That's pretty simple.

To be honest, I don't really care about dog policy in commercial CPs and private campgrounds. My main concern is about dogs in bushland.

If you tie them up and leash them at all times, which seems to me to be the environmental expectation, I think it's unfair to the dog.

If you let them run, their "footprint" of noise, scent and general disruption to the natural environment and its inhabitants extends well beyond the campsite. That's unfair to the wildlife and to those people who want to see, hear and enjoy it. Which is why I don't think companion animals belong in the bush, whether it be National Park, State Forest or otherwise.

On this matter, I don't think dogs (or other companion animals for that matter) have have equal or greater rights than we humans. Ie, because people are allowed access does not mean that a companion animal, whether or not it's god's creation, should be afforded equal right of access.

I, and the law, make exception for such things as seeing-eye dogs.

Just my opinion.

Cheers
FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 820469

Reply By: Member - geoffqld - Saturday, Jul 19, 2014 at 17:54

Saturday, Jul 19, 2014 at 17:54
We were in a caravan park that allowed dogs with our very old red cattle dog. The people next to us had a 18month old American staffie. It tried at every opportunity to get at our dog, it takes a fair bit for a dog to frighten me but this one did. They could not let it off on the beach if there were any other dogs around. They tried hard to control it but it was too much for them. Long story short they left long before their booking was up and I would assume they gave up either the dog or caravanning. Some dogs are not suitable for caravan parks. Along with a woman we saw at 80 mile beach, who had a 1 dog policy at the time, who had 2 similar dogs and would only let out 1 at a time and then used ither sites for a toilet without picking up there droppings. I travel with dog/s but get very frustrated with the ignorance/laziness of some people.
Geoff
AnswerID: 536299

Follow Up By: Nigel B3 - Monday, Jul 21, 2014 at 01:36

Monday, Jul 21, 2014 at 01:36
Don't let the breed fool you Geoff, maybe it had something to do with its owners. I have a 4yo and a 6 mth old and the 4yo will run in the park and come on call every time, even if there is other dogs about. I am glad she is so good because she is teaching my puppy good habits. My girls play with other dogs all the time. Half the reason why I own b**th's, heaps easier to keep in line.
FollowupID: 820431

Reply By: Travelling - Saturday, Jul 19, 2014 at 17:57

Saturday, Jul 19, 2014 at 17:57
Nigel we are always thankful when it is a NO DOGS camp site. The majority of dog owners don't take care of their dogs correctly or don't clean up.
1st day they look after their dog
2nd day they half look after their dog and not on the leash all the time
3rd day the dog is running around and they don't care.
or they stop and let the dog out for a run and do their 'business' and don't give a damn.
VERY FEW dog owners clean up after their dogs in a public place.

The dogs come into your camp, pee over your wheels and table and chair legs and then do their 'business' in your camp.
We DO NOT love other peoples dogs.
The number of people that truly look after their dogs properly is minute.
Another issue is many dog owners cannot read or don't understand 'NO DOGS ALLOWED' signs.
AnswerID: 536300

Follow Up By: OBJ - Saturday, Jul 19, 2014 at 20:29

Saturday, Jul 19, 2014 at 20:29
You are spot on .. We DO NOT love other people's dogs.

Keep your mutt away from me or you may have to come and drag it off my boot. I certainly let those dog owners in areas where I camp know my feelings if they have an animal that threatens to come over and try to befriend me. I don't like them at all. Why people feel the need to travel with them baffles me.

OBJ
FollowupID: 820381

Follow Up By: braggy - Sunday, Jul 20, 2014 at 07:44

Sunday, Jul 20, 2014 at 07:44
Hi OBJ

I travel with my dog, to keep people like you away from me,

Last thing I need to be is camped near is some one as uncopromising and aggresive as you.

And you are right I would have to come over to get my dog off you, I doubt you could get a 60kg Mastiff, that you tried to kick, off by self.
Have a happy day.

Regards Ken

FollowupID: 820388

Follow Up By: Bigfish - Sunday, Jul 20, 2014 at 08:25

Sunday, Jul 20, 2014 at 08:25
Sounds like you need all the friends you can find...
FollowupID: 820391

Follow Up By: OBJ - Sunday, Jul 20, 2014 at 09:12

Sunday, Jul 20, 2014 at 09:12
Well, Braggy, you sound like one of those dog owners that travelling is talking about ... "The majority of dog owners don't take care of their dogs correctly or don't clean up..". If there is a risk of your 60kg Mastiff locking onto my leg, it just reinforces the argument. As well as probably being an irresponsible dog owner, your literary levels are pretty poor as well, if you read your post properly. A little 1080 sorts most dogs out, as does the steel wrecking bar I keep close, even 60kg Mastiffs.

I always have a happy day. You try it!!!

OBJ
FollowupID: 820392

Follow Up By: braggy - Sunday, Jul 20, 2014 at 09:58

Sunday, Jul 20, 2014 at 09:58
OBJ you seem to be such a charming ,friendly, guy,
please if ya cum across me campin somewhere, come and introduce yourself
FollowupID: 820399

Follow Up By: get outmore - Sunday, Jul 20, 2014 at 14:50

Sunday, Jul 20, 2014 at 14:50
Besiides alot of what hes said OBJ does have some point

and that is WHY do dog owners have no problems inflicting thier dog on you? its like they assume everyone likes thier dog

thier dog comes running up to you snuffling round everywhere and the owner just sits there watching big grin on thier face - they might say "its ok its freindly"
I certainly wouldnt kick or hurt the dog but by the same token I want them to keep thier stuff to themselves let alone people or kids that have had bad experiences and having a dog charging up scares them

FollowupID: 820410

Follow Up By: Nigel B3 - Monday, Jul 21, 2014 at 01:42

Monday, Jul 21, 2014 at 01:42
OBJ mate, It baffles me why clowns like you don't see our pets as part of our family. Maybe some people can't have kids. That's not my case but who are you to judge. Mate you sound like a fool i wouldn't want to camp near anyway.
FollowupID: 820432

Follow Up By: Nigel B3 - Monday, Jul 21, 2014 at 01:43

Monday, Jul 21, 2014 at 01:43
I'll be the one flick you off my boot buddy.
FollowupID: 820433

Follow Up By: Nigel B3 - Monday, Jul 21, 2014 at 01:47

Monday, Jul 21, 2014 at 01:47
Your little pry bar better keep you safe OBJ, I hope some one's dog does bite you mate, KARMA will bite you on the arse.
FollowupID: 820434

Reply By: Member - daz (SA) - Saturday, Jul 19, 2014 at 19:22

Saturday, Jul 19, 2014 at 19:22
If i were staying in caravan park first preference would be no dogs.
At least three times a week I have to pick up dog droppings from my front footpath, that an owner with a pet on a leash has left for me, and then I pick up the thick shake cup that some lazy uncaring pr..k has tossed away. If you want to take your dog camping take a stand & be prepared to standup and say something to those who do the wrong thing instead of being like the majority and winge but hope some one else will fix the problem for you.
Daz
AnswerID: 536304

Reply By: Gone Bush (WA) - Saturday, Jul 19, 2014 at 20:31

Saturday, Jul 19, 2014 at 20:31
I don't have a dog.

I don't like dogs.

I agree with the other posters.

But I will answer your query by prividing this link:

Dog Friendly Campsites

Cheers.
I'm glad I ain't too scared to be lazy
- Augustus McCrae (Lonesome Dove)

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 536305

Follow Up By: Travelling - Sunday, Jul 20, 2014 at 11:08

Sunday, Jul 20, 2014 at 11:08
While the camp sites may be dog friendly, the issue is the dogs and dog owners are not friendly to the camp sites. 2 of the camp sites in that list are places we left because of the uncontrolled dogs and dog doo.

Another major issue with dogs. If you go to a camp site that is no dogs the animals and birds are in abundance. Where there are dogs there is no wildlife around and few birds.

If we are in a camp site that says clearly 'NO DOGS ALLOWED' and there are dogs we take a picture and send it to the local council ranger and encourage more people to do so.

I always encourage councils to make camps 'NO DOGS ALLOWED'.
FollowupID: 820403

Follow Up By: Nigel B3 - Monday, Jul 21, 2014 at 01:52

Monday, Jul 21, 2014 at 01:52
Maybe if people spoke up about these issues at the time they happen or see it happen, instead of just giving people dirty looks and crying behind their backs, these problems might not happen. Speak up and these people might feel bad for a change and change themselves, if they crack up then you have a reason to have a cry. Till then give us a go for once, Park owners should be responsible as well and get rid of these dog owners. Not all dog owners.
FollowupID: 820435

Reply By: Travelling - Sunday, Jul 20, 2014 at 11:02

Sunday, Jul 20, 2014 at 11:02
Where we stopped last night in a popular overnight bush setting with facilities which makes it even more popular. Where we pulled up there was dog doo all over the ground and we had to move. The people next door told us this morning when I commented about the dog doo they said there was a couple with TWO dogs that totally couldn't care about other campers and were totally inconsiderate and of course DIDN'T clean up their dogs doo before they left.
I have a dog deterrent spray bottle which has a long range jet. If dogs come near they get a dose of what is in the spray bottle and generally they are smart enough not to come back.
ALL dog owners are AGRESSIVE and NASTY when you try and tell them to keep their dogs under control. Dog owners think they have rights. Sorry to tell dog owners you have NO rights and NO consideration for others.
Speak to council rangers and they will tell you the large majority of travellers that have dogs are the travellers that give them problems.
AnswerID: 536316

Follow Up By: Member - Clive G (NZ) - Sunday, Jul 20, 2014 at 11:26

Sunday, Jul 20, 2014 at 11:26
Travelling.

I take offence with your claim that as a dog owner I’m aggressive and nasty.

Yes I can assertive if the occasion requires it, but never nasty, I was raised to a higher standard than that thank you.

As for your comment about council rangers. I think that is a bit of a sweeping statement that was just plucked out of the air.
FollowupID: 820404

Follow Up By: Bigfish - Sunday, Jul 20, 2014 at 15:20

Sunday, Jul 20, 2014 at 15:20
Read your post again traveller....Reckon you need a spray yourself....
FollowupID: 820412

Reply By: Member - Clive G (NZ) - Sunday, Jul 20, 2014 at 11:17

Sunday, Jul 20, 2014 at 11:17
Nigel B3
A post about camping with dogs always opens the flood gates. It’s a very polarising topic.

I always travel with my German Shepherd (6 yr spayed Female) and agree that a lot of dog friendly camps are in less than prime positions, guess they are dog friendly because of that.

Funnily I tend to avoid dog friendly camps because of the behaviour of a lot dog owners, I just can’t be bothered with it. Instead when I do need a campground which is not all that often, I approach a regular camp that doesn’t look to full and ask if I can have a site well away from other campers and offer a $100 cash bond to cover any complaints about the dog. Nine times out of ten they let me in. It’s only peak holiday times that this probably won’t work.
And I make sure I get my $100 back.

Like some other posters have also said. I don’t like other peoples dogs, I don’t want to “socialise” my dog with theirs, I don’t want other peoples kids running up to “pat the doggie” If you want to approach my dog , ask, then I’ll decide on a case by case basis if you can, (read Profile)

Nigel if you are going to have any hope of success with travelling with your dog there are three very golden rules that must be followed at all times, without fail.

1: Pick up after your dog, and any other deposits nearby, because you’ll get blamed for those as well.

2: Never let your dog yap, ever.

3: Whilst in the confines of a camp ground always keep your dog on a lead, always, not just most of the time.

Yes I agree with you, it’s humans that do by far the most damage to the environment.

Robyn’s reply was one of the better ones. As for OBJ, you would be an interesting person to meet.
AnswerID: 536318

Follow Up By: Nigel B3 - Monday, Jul 21, 2014 at 02:00

Monday, Jul 21, 2014 at 02:00
Thank you Clive, The idea with the $100 sounds like an interesting plan. As for your golden rules. Mate I couldn't of said it better myself. Like I said mate thank you very much.
FollowupID: 820436

Follow Up By: CSeaJay - Monday, Jul 21, 2014 at 20:24

Monday, Jul 21, 2014 at 20:24
Clive

Good on you. You choose to camp away from others. Others choose to camp at places without dogs. All choice.
Also good to have your golden rules. Problem is that the majority of dog owners do not follow those rules, thats the problem. And I am a dog lover mate, just telling it like it is. You can follow those rules, but it takes only one that doesn't that camp there before you rock up,
that don't will spoil it for you every time
CJ
FollowupID: 820474

Follow Up By: Member - Clive G (NZ) - Tuesday, Jul 22, 2014 at 21:08

Tuesday, Jul 22, 2014 at 21:08
Yes CJ I know what you mean, I really do.

Clive.
FollowupID: 820529

Reply By: Motherhen - Sunday, Jul 20, 2014 at 12:21

Sunday, Jul 20, 2014 at 12:21
Hi Nigel

Getting away from the pro dogs and against dogs in campgrounds arguments, while there are plenty of caravan parks that will take dogs, I read it that you are looking for more of the campground style of camping that a formal caravan park. These are harder to find in coastal areas regardless of pet friendly which makes it all the harder.

"Can anybody suggest some lovely spots or island areas in QLD for me and my little pup to go camping? Thank You!!!
( Coastal areas please, she loves fishing and eats all my bait out of the cast net)"

If you are looking for caravan parks, My ParksList is the best reference for caravan parks, noting those which allow dogs.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 536322

Follow Up By: Nigel B3 - Monday, Jul 21, 2014 at 02:04

Monday, Jul 21, 2014 at 02:04
You hit the nail on the head Motherhen, I'd rather be out bush anyway. Then I wouldn't have to deal with OBJ. Can any one suggest any spots.
FollowupID: 820437

Reply By: Tony F8 - Sunday, Jul 20, 2014 at 17:51

Sunday, Jul 20, 2014 at 17:51
Goodness me, this post has certainly deviated from a simple request by someone asking a very simple question. But continueing the cuurent course, i was just wondering if people don't find empty beer/food cans, nappies, tampons and toiltet paper and the list goes on, offensive. Yes dogs do make a mess, but compared to what disgusting mess humans leave behind in pristine areas is not comparable, and we are supposed to be the smart ones.
"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone".
Be nice if we could just answer the blokes question without putting in our bigotted two cents worth.
Drive safe and don't stand in dog poo.
TonyF8.
AnswerID: 536333

Follow Up By: Nigel B3 - Monday, Jul 21, 2014 at 02:06

Monday, Jul 21, 2014 at 02:06
Laughed so hard Tony, You are a funny bloke. We cause heaps more damage then any dog would.
FollowupID: 820438

Reply By: braggy - Monday, Jul 21, 2014 at 07:41

Monday, Jul 21, 2014 at 07:41
NigelB3

If you have an iphone, Wikicamps is up to date, and quite good, ($5)
you can set filters for dog friendly.

Cheers Ken

AnswerID: 536357

Reply By: Green Rv - Monday, Jul 21, 2014 at 10:05

Monday, Jul 21, 2014 at 10:05
i love dogs and have owned bullmastiffs and wolfhounds but haven't had a dog for a while. yes i still like dogs but my 3 yo daughter is scared of all dogs and some cats and we all have the right to fell safe.

as i am the career of my kids and take on full responsibility, pet owners are the careers of their pets and must take responsibility to
and no i do not keep any weapons near by at any time to injure or incite any violence to you or your pet

below is straight off the qld gov website

Dog parks & beaches

Please remember to be considerate of others when walking or exercising your dog, and remember that owners are responsible for the actions and behaviour of their dogs at all times.
When walking your dog, be prepared to pick up after your pet. Council provides a network of dog tidy bags and disposal bins throughout the region.
Dog leash requirements

Dogs must be leashed at all times outside your property, except when in designated off-leash areas. Fines apply.

You can only lead a maximum of two dogs at a time.
Designated on and off leash areas
Dogs are prohibited from conservation parks, reserves and foreshores unless designated as a dog exercise area.

AnswerID: 536363

Reply By: Nigel B3 - Friday, Aug 01, 2014 at 06:16

Friday, Aug 01, 2014 at 06:16
Thank you to everyone that has taken the time to help me and my little pup. TYVM. And to all the clown whinging about dogs and camping. If I wanted to listen to that bleep , I would of typed in CAMPING DOG HATERS. I am always considerate of others when out with my dog. Sometimes its the owners that need a good whack, not the dog. Again thanks all for you help. Happy camping and hope to see you on the road. (watch my dog tho she'll rip ya leg off) LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AnswerID: 536932

Sponsored Links