Comment: Prospecting for Gold

Hi All,
First time I post here---
Chris Taylor from Brisbane.
I will regularly log-in here to learn more about your site as I have tried for (many) years with cheapy detectors to prospect in S.Africa---plainly because there were NO metal detectors to buy--FULL STOP
I worked u/ground gold mine for 46 years and know a fair bit about gold extraction but not a lot about prospecting.
Very,very ordinary,cheap easy methodS how to get the gold out of host rocks---NO MERCURY!!!
I like your forum,so-o-o- much
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: equinox - Monday, Jul 28, 2014 at 20:18

Monday, Jul 28, 2014 at 20:18
Hi Chris,
Here a link to some info on prospecting and patches.

ftp://dsl-58-6-17-67.wa.westnet.com.au/Gold%20&%20Ghost%20Book/

Download while you still can.

Looking for adventure.
In whatever comes our way.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 536748

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Monday, Jul 28, 2014 at 22:17

Monday, Jul 28, 2014 at 22:17
By Jingoes - I hope (for file hosters sake) Mr D.W. de Havelland doesn't frequent this forum - from what I understand he doesn't take kindly to people making and supplying illegal copies of his books. Not uncommon though, a consequence of his own actions apparently (i.e. terminating sales of originals and destroying all stock ?)

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 820967

Reply By: Grumblebum and the Dragon - Tuesday, Jul 29, 2014 at 09:05

Tuesday, Jul 29, 2014 at 09:05
If it was cheap and easy - everyone would be doing it! You either get top of the range Minelab 5000 PI detector or perhaps the 4500 model and chase the alluvial nuggets or stay with the very cheap and very slow dolly pot and a pan.

There are no shortcuts.

Good luck

John
AnswerID: 536771

Reply By: olcoolone - Tuesday, Jul 29, 2014 at 22:40

Tuesday, Jul 29, 2014 at 22:40
There is 4 types of gold hunting, 1) with eartmoving gear, crusher, tumbler and sluice box..... 2) with metal detector and a sluice box....... 3) with a metal detector finding nuggets and 4) with a pan.

The only way to get gold out of solids as in mainstream operations is use cyanid and oxygen to dissolve (leaching) the gold ........ Mercury can be used the same way but very dangerous and is often used to pull gold out of very fine material. Very expensive in low scale operations.
AnswerID: 536826

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Tuesday, Jul 29, 2014 at 22:54

Tuesday, Jul 29, 2014 at 22:54
...Think you may have left off one or two methods.....not much "sluicing" going on in WA. You guys have all the water....we have all the gold :)

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 821041

Reply By: james c23 - Monday, Aug 25, 2014 at 14:33

Monday, Aug 25, 2014 at 14:33
Hi all. I was looking for those pdf's earlier and through some googling found them before finding this site. Dod anyone actually manage to download them at all? Or know of another link?
Cheers
James
AnswerID: 538153

Sponsored Links