New threat to 4wding and all the places we love

Submitted: Tuesday, Aug 05, 2014 at 22:05
ThreadID: 109035 Views:2236 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
There seems to be a large threat coming to all the places that we love to 4wd. its coming all over the NT its coming to the Kimberley the Top End, SA and we have seen what it has done to QLD its Fracking CSG. it will lead to the destruction of all the places we love and the places we want to go will be locked up and made into gas fields. We all need to join together on this one Farmers, Grennies, 4wders and all those that live in and out of the cities it will affect all of us. If the water in the centre is gone so will be all the great places that we love with it. Lock the Gate alliance its the only way to save it all.
Back Expand Un-Read 2 Moderator

Reply By: coonick - Wednesday, Aug 06, 2014 at 08:57

Wednesday, Aug 06, 2014 at 08:57
All this coal seam gas or fracking is totally about profit and total disregard for the environment. Yes it is a major issue........all of those who work in this industry you should be ashamed.
AnswerID: 537235

Follow Up By: Member - KBAD - Wednesday, Aug 06, 2014 at 10:27

Wednesday, Aug 06, 2014 at 10:27
Agree bad policy bad science, just out and out greed.
FollowupID: 821517

Follow Up By: get outmore - Wednesday, Aug 06, 2014 at 14:28

Wednesday, Aug 06, 2014 at 14:28
...... but say Ord river stage 2 for example where an area of the kimberly has been totally bulldozed as far as the eye can see isnt for profit and is great for the environment ....
oh hang on .. that must be different because you choose it to be
FollowupID: 821527

Reply By: Gronk - Wednesday, Aug 06, 2014 at 19:01

Wednesday, Aug 06, 2014 at 19:01
What people are missing is this fracking will go ahead no matter what we/you say..

What you should be doing is pushing to see that it is done properly, with the byproduct ( water ) treated before it's returned to the land.
AnswerID: 537263

Follow Up By: Member - KBAD - Wednesday, Aug 06, 2014 at 19:40

Wednesday, Aug 06, 2014 at 19:40
The problem for me is that we are playing about with one of the most influential and important assets this country has ever had, The Great Artesian Basin, we need to understand exactly what effects this will have to ground water tables and the contamination by mixing chemicals with the water used in Fracking. DDT was once considered safe, 245T and 245D there is a history of humans rushing around and playing with things without the proper understanding look at what us happening with the Aral sea in Russia. As for the Ord river it is a possible time bomb in the making have you been out the back of stage one and seen the plantations of Neem trees that are planted to try and suck up the excess water from the rising water table, not to mention the lack of research into what the continual flow of fresh water is having on the Ord itself. I am not anti development but I always strive to understand what effects any development work i have done will have on the environment and then make the decision to go ahead or not, and for me at this stage Fracking doesn't stand up to scrutiny.
FollowupID: 821539

Sponsored Links