Canning Stock Route Trek Notes Update

Please could I ask 2014 CSR travellers to take a few moments to update the well information for the Canning Stock Route?

http://www.exploroz.com/TrekNotes/WDeserts/Canning_Stock_Route.aspx#rqc_tabs=3

Reason being is that I direct cyclists and walkers to this page from my website.

The comments I keep getting back is that it is terribly outdated, some well info over a decade old. I have added some information and photos myself but your input in maintaining this valuable information resource would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Gaynor
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Gaynor - Thursday, Aug 14, 2014 at 06:08

Thursday, Aug 14, 2014 at 06:08
Michelle .... any possibility of adding Well 17 and Georgia Bore to the trek notes?

Rose .... Looking at your photographs I take it that drinking water is now available from Well 5?

Anyone know if water may be accessed at the tank at Well 9?

Warrie .... Well 18, your 2013 photographs are the most recent. Is it your description that states the water is drinkable, but slightly saline?
AnswerID: 537637

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Thursday, Aug 14, 2014 at 17:56

Thursday, Aug 14, 2014 at 17:56
Hi Gaynor,
Bit confused by what you've said as those places are indeed marked. Perhaps it might help me if you explain to me what you are expecting and where please.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 821897

Follow Up By: Gaynor - Thursday, Aug 14, 2014 at 18:19

Thursday, Aug 14, 2014 at 18:19
Thanks Michelle. Being a non member I am unable to post a screenshot so will try explain what I see.

http://www.exploroz.com/TrekNotes/WDeserts/Canning_Stock_Route.aspx#rqc_tabs=3

This link (copy the whole URL to get the full link and paste in browser) takes a person directly to the page 'What To See' which is where individual well information can be found.

Georgia Bore is positioned between Well 23 and Well 22, but if you look in 'What To See' it is not there. There are other landmarks inserted between respective wells but not Georgia Bore.

Same goes for Well 17. It should be visible between Well 18 and CSR Durba Springs or Durba Springs and Well 16. But there is no entry here.

Does that make sense?
FollowupID: 821899

Follow Up By: Rick (S.A.) - Thursday, Aug 14, 2014 at 19:02

Thursday, Aug 14, 2014 at 19:02
I agree Gaynor,

and note that some other features are not mentioned - such as Lake Aerodrome, Savory Creek & Lake Disappointment, Canning's Cairn, the grass trees after Pierre Springs (Well 6), trailer exit route through Granite peak station adjacent to Well 5 and so on.

But I don't use the plot file feature (refer to the opening remarks in What to see: "This list may not be complete for the entire region. Places listed here are directly located along the plot file associated with this Trek Note" ) and don't know how to add an entry to the What to See section of the notes - although I can edit the notes.

IMHO the What to see entries could be enhanced by such entries

Cheers again
RM
FollowupID: 821904

Follow Up By: Gaynor - Friday, Aug 15, 2014 at 18:40

Friday, Aug 15, 2014 at 18:40
Michelle ... Have those 'camping' and 'water' signs etc always been there or is this a super new addition to the CSR Trek Notes programming? If new .... I really like. If always been there I hang my head in shame for not noticing.....
FollowupID: 821952

Reply By: Rick (S.A.) - Thursday, Aug 14, 2014 at 18:30

Thursday, Aug 14, 2014 at 18:30
Gaynor,
I wonder why there is no mention of Well 6 in the track notes.
Lovely trees and good water from a fully restored well & troughing.

I have added a few minor points here and there about camping, firewood etc, based on my 2013 (said G'day to you just south of the South Esk tablelands, before the big rain event) & 2014 experiences. I will try to upload any new/different pictures over the next few days.

Cheers
Rick

AnswerID: 537657

Follow Up By: Gaynor - Thursday, Aug 14, 2014 at 18:54

Thursday, Aug 14, 2014 at 18:54
Well spotted Rick ... oh gosh, did I just make my first pun?

Well 6 aka Pierre Springs is also missing.

Good to hear from you Rick, and thank you for contributing to the CSR Trek Notes.

FollowupID: 821902

Sponsored Links