Dunns Swamp with touring caravan

Submitted: Wednesday, Sep 10, 2014 at 13:45
ThreadID: 109461 Views:3416 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,

Anyone taken a caravan or motorhome to Dunns Swamp recently? How's the road going in? Someone advised that it wouldn't be suitable for caravans/motorhomes but I can't find any relevence to this online.

TIA

Lee
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Frank P (NSW) - Wednesday, Sep 10, 2014 at 14:02

Wednesday, Sep 10, 2014 at 14:02
Hi Lee,

We were there about 12 months ago. It's fine for small to average motorhomes and vans. Big rigs are not suitable. IIRC there is one creek crossing that might present problems for a low clearance van with a long overhang front or rear.

Cheers
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 538906

Reply By: Gone Bush (WA) - Wednesday, Sep 10, 2014 at 14:59

Wednesday, Sep 10, 2014 at 14:59
Our visit was way back in 2009, so I can't comment on current road conditions, however, back then we took in our 20ft Bushtracker and we saw tourist coaches coming in.

Dunn's Swamp

Back then, there wasn't any issue with the road, there were plenty of other vans. The only thing I thought would be an issue would be meeting one of the buses on the track, there was precious little room for passing such big vehicles.

Unless there has been significant storm damage since then, I suspect it would be OK.

I'm glad I ain't too scared to be lazy
- Augustus McCrae (Lonesome Dove)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 538908

Reply By: Motherhen - Wednesday, Sep 10, 2014 at 22:25

Wednesday, Sep 10, 2014 at 22:25
Hi Lee

We were also there in 2009, and we found no problems with the access road. There was a semi enclosed flat camping area for caravans but it was full when we arrived - all appeared to be regular sealed road types of caravans. We found a long narrow campsite to back into, but is was at a slope. Lots of walks and fascinating rock formations.

Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 538938

Sponsored Links