Stratos Seats

Submitted: Friday, Sep 19, 2014 at 22:37
ThreadID: 109555 Views:3337 Replies:2 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
Recently had less than satisfactory dealings with Stratos as I was looking at putting my 18 month old suspension seat (which I love, and would highly recommend ) into my new 2011 hilux. Thinking it would be a cheap conversion I rang to get a price and was told they would call back, didn't call, so I rang later that day and got a price of $308 dollars to buy the conversion mounting kit. Which from what I can work out is all new runners and mounting plate which seems a waste of money as all that really needs replacing is the two steel strips that that the floor bolts go through.
Still waiting for a call back from Tuesday to confirm they have them in stock at Wetherill Park.
After spending just shy of two grand last year I feel that it's a bit of a rip off that they don't break down the kits to make for cheap, quick, simple conversions for people that take their seat out.
Oh and pick up your sales game stratos, could not fault you last year, what's changed since?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: John and Regina M - Friday, Sep 19, 2014 at 22:56

Friday, Sep 19, 2014 at 22:56
Have you given them an opportunity to explain their tardiness in dropping everything and responding to your phone call?

It would seem from your post you have decided to slag them off without having given them that opportunity? Why else would you tell them to pick up their game on a public forum?

I smell a troll...
AnswerID: 539299

Follow Up By: fredwho - Saturday, Sep 20, 2014 at 00:14

Saturday, Sep 20, 2014 at 00:14
It seems you are trolling by slagging off the OP without giving the OP the opportunity to explain if the OP gave the business the opportunity to explain :-p

Assuming Stratos is closed over the weekend, the earliest the OP may receive a return call is Monday, which will be at the earliest 6 days later if lucky. I would also judge them by their actions, not their words. I am all for letting people know about bad service received, regardless of whatever excuses/reasons there may be. Bad service is bad service.

If you get a bad meal in a restaurant, would you ask the chef to explain himself before posting your experience on a restaurant reviews website? Not many people would. I think you need to take a happy pill!

FollowupID: 823919

Follow Up By: Ian H1 - Saturday, Sep 20, 2014 at 05:50

Saturday, Sep 20, 2014 at 05:50
Thanks fredwho, as you said it's more about the service. I would have no problem recommending the seat to others and have no regrets for having purchased it. The issue is companies all too frequently fail in their customer service and let's face it how many opportunities is enough? John and Regina maybe you are right, and I should have rung them back a few more times, maybe made it an even half dozen!

That odour that you thought you could smell was probably your acceptance of a common Australian occurrence called putting up with substandard service.

Apart from your product, the only other thing a business has to set them aside from another is how they treat their customers.

I am certainly not the first person on Explore Oz to praise or criticise them.
FollowupID: 823920

Reply By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Sunday, Sep 21, 2014 at 07:22

Sunday, Sep 21, 2014 at 07:22
Buy the new base and sell the old one to recoup some of the extra! Michael
Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

Retired 2016 and now Out and About!

Somewhere you want to explore ? There is no time like the present.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 539324

Follow Up By: Ian H1 - Sunday, Sep 21, 2014 at 09:50

Sunday, Sep 21, 2014 at 09:50
Yeah I thought about that Michael, but didn't know what the odds were of someone needing a new base if they already had the seat. And don't know if stratos sell the seat without the base.

Was leaning towards selling the whole seat and persuading the minister for war and finance to release some more funds, that way I could go to blue from the current brown. Not to mention the cost saving of not having to buy a blue seat cover!
FollowupID: 823959

Follow Up By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Sunday, Sep 21, 2014 at 17:20

Sunday, Sep 21, 2014 at 17:20
Ian, sometimes people buy a seat used from another vehicle so they need a different base, you may have the one you have! Michael
Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

FollowupID: 823971

Follow Up By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Sunday, Sep 21, 2014 at 17:28

Sunday, Sep 21, 2014 at 17:28
Oppps! You may have the one they need
Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

FollowupID: 823972

Follow Up By: JR - Sunday, Sep 21, 2014 at 18:42

Sunday, Sep 21, 2014 at 18:42
Stratos dont deal direct, talk to an agent like opposite lock. I have had poor service from stratos too
Werebought out by Kab seating and things have slipped.
FollowupID: 823976

Sponsored Links