Beyond Caravans

Submitted: Wednesday, Oct 08, 2014 at 17:13
ThreadID: 109756 Views:2364 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hello All
Has anyone had experience with or know anyone with a Beyond Caravan.
Appear to be good value for money. Would appreciate any feedback.
Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bobjl - Wednesday, Oct 08, 2014 at 21:13

Wednesday, Oct 08, 2014 at 21:13
Brian
Other than having just read the Beyond Caravan web page, I know little about them.
What I do know [and it is public knowledge], the number of well intended Caravan manufacturers/Dealers [and or shonks] that go under every year is alarming.
I have had three Custom built Vans built in 8 years and two of the manufacturers went under owing a lot of money to Tax man and others. I was a lucky one in that I had few warranty issues and managed to get most issues resolved prior to them being wound up.

A close friend did a deal 12 months ago and was promised his new cheap custom built van within 6 weeks, so he paid the inordinate deposit. He was then requested to make progress payments every time he complained about slow delivery, he had handed over $54,000 of the total cost of $58,000 and the Van was still only 75% complete. If the manufacturer had gone under he stood to lose it all. Fortunately he got the van 3 months prior to the Tax man winding that company up - refer ASIC web site and you will find many.

It is possible you will get a great custom built van and save $5-10k however, you need to weigh up the risks involved. If you can satisfy yourself that Beyond have a strong financial position and the business acumen and Van building experience necessary to survive, then go for it. I would make certain you have a Sales contract that clearly spells out legal situation.

Another factor to consider is that if when you want to sell/trade the van you would suffer some additional depreciation if the manufacturer is not around

Good Luck
Bob
AnswerID: 540109

Follow Up By: Allan R2 - Thursday, Oct 09, 2014 at 13:07

Thursday, Oct 09, 2014 at 13:07
Bob, I had 2 4x4 motor-home over the years build by SLR Caravans and Motor-home on the Gold Coast and I have found them to custom build great product, they have a great customer service.
not all are bad, some do a great service to us customers.
I am not affiliated to that company, just a happy and satisfied customer
Allan R2
FollowupID: 825882

Reply By: Member - bob s - Thursday, Oct 09, 2014 at 08:46

Thursday, Oct 09, 2014 at 08:46
Hi Brian G6.

I have a Beyond caravan. I find the build quality to be of high standard.
2 year warranty on van and normal warranty on appliances and fittings.
Lee, the guy that owns Beyond caravans will help you in every possible
way to design what you want in your van.
If there is anything you want to ask, you can phone me on 0419461093.

I have no affiliation with this company just a happy customer.

bob s
AnswerID: 540122

Follow Up By: Brian G6 - Thursday, Oct 09, 2014 at 14:42

Thursday, Oct 09, 2014 at 14:42
To both Bobs , Thanks for your response. Well aware you get what you pay for and if its to good to be true - you know the rest

Thanks
FollowupID: 825888

Sponsored Links