EOZi Help

Submitted: Sunday, Oct 12, 2014 at 14:15
ThreadID: 109788 Views:2015 Replies:2 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
We used Ozi Android on our 10" Samsung Tablet on a recent trip to Cape York. Worked a treat. Since we came home, I have installed EOZi and are evaluating it at the moment for use on our next trip.

Tried to remove the skin and revert back to Ozi for Android basic screen to check a few things about WP list display but can't find a way to do it. Can anyone assist?

Have left a few comments on the EOZi discussion page but haven't had a reply on the above. Hope someone can help.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: equinox - Sunday, Oct 12, 2014 at 14:33

Sunday, Oct 12, 2014 at 14:33
Go to main menu, then operations, then general menus.
Select appropriate page file. (pa1 extension).

Looking for adventure.
In whatever comes our way.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 540253

Follow Up By: Member - mepvic - Monday, Oct 13, 2014 at 10:30

Monday, Oct 13, 2014 at 10:30
Can't seem to get there. EOZi skin is loaded and all I can do is go through setup to General settings.
Allows me to tick or untick Vibrate, index maps, stop device sleeping, check for updates or select map or data file paths

Does not give me access to load either the portrait or landscape file pages.
FollowupID: 826076

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Tuesday, Oct 14, 2014 at 17:11

Tuesday, Oct 14, 2014 at 17:11
Equiniox is right but you may be having trouble finding the main menu button - generally 3 dots on the RHS of the screen. Do you have these these are Android buttons and not anything to do with EOZi.

David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 826169

Follow Up By: Member - mepvic - Wednesday, Oct 15, 2014 at 20:18

Wednesday, Oct 15, 2014 at 20:18
Problem solved. My Samsung screen has 3 bars on the bottom of the screen where the return, home, previous programs and screen shot tabs are. Have only just noticed it when Ozi is running. This takes me to the Ozi main menu bar that then allows me to go to Operation, General and load the Ozi page file.
Reason I wanted to revert was to check the display of waypoints. Ozi displays the waypoint list with closest WP to you on top. The EOZi skin displays them in alpha/numeric order. David, is there a way to have waypoint displayed in both the Ozi format or the Eozi format? Can see both being useful.
FollowupID: 826266

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Tuesday, Oct 14, 2014 at 17:18

Tuesday, Oct 14, 2014 at 17:18
Thanks also for your other feedback, do you have any thoughts on the best colour combinations for the text overlays? I wanted to make the boxes transparent so that you cold see the map below of course if these were solid grey/black background and white text it would be easy but the lose of the map detail under may pose other problems.

Anyway would be more than happy to get any other feedback you may have. Of course we are limited in what can be done from what OziExplorer build into the Android version but happy to work on anything we can.

Sorry we missed you earlier feedback item - there seems to be something happening to the email copies but this will be sorted real soon.

David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 540346

Follow Up By: Member - mepvic - Wednesday, Oct 15, 2014 at 20:33

Wednesday, Oct 15, 2014 at 20:33
David. Not sure what would be a better colour combination for the text boxes. Black on transparent grey doesn't work for me. Best to experiment bit. Maybe white text on the transparent grey? Needs a bit more contrast. What do others think?
Have put feedback on the EOZi review tab. Specifically WP display mentioned above, place name search button on the map page and save wp file improvement.

Thanks again for the effort you have put into this.
FollowupID: 826268

Sponsored Links