DigOptions Safety Camera DVR

Submitted: Sunday, Oct 12, 2014 at 15:10
ThreadID: 109789 Views:1676 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,
I have been trying to get some feedback all over the web re the DVR (video recording from front facing camera) from Dig Options.
I seem to be the only one who has purchased this unit who cannot get a video recorded!

Its a simple arrangement; power cord (linked to the ignition), video feed from the camera and a video feed from the recording unit to the stereo screen.

The camera works (on the screen), I can get a video recorded when I do the setup BUT after turning off the ignition and then turning it back on again, the recording unit will not record video.

Is anyone else running this unit? Would you be able to suggest a reason? I have checked the settings ad infinitum and the only thing I can think of now, is that the DVR needs to be on a constant power link.

Thanks

bill
Bill B

My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Slow one - Sunday, Oct 12, 2014 at 20:21

Sunday, Oct 12, 2014 at 20:21
Bill,
have you followed the instructions and formatted the sd card. Often they don't say anything about it, but the card has to be formatted. There will be a format section in the menu. This maybe the problem.
AnswerID: 540261

Reply By: Member - bbuzz (NSW) - Monday, Oct 13, 2014 at 12:51

Monday, Oct 13, 2014 at 12:51
Thanks Slow One,
Yes I format the card each time I look at the videos that have been recorded - black with no picture except the date!

It is a puzzle when the suppliers reckon they have hundreds out there working perfectly.

I can't understand why its not working.

bill
Bill B

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 540289

Reply By: Trevor P4 - Monday, Oct 13, 2014 at 20:12

Monday, Oct 13, 2014 at 20:12
Bill,
I see Matt is dragging out his old chestnut about you being the only one of hundreds that can't get it too work, so what, his Mean Time Between Failures is for his business model not for any concerns of his customers.
Either Matt fixes it or you return it for a full refund.

Good Luck
AnswerID: 540300

Sponsored Links