Cruiser oil

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 03, 2004 at 23:16
ThreadID: 10983 Views:1590 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
responding to Roachies question posted 21st Jan.Felt dissapointed at your perceived attitude to cruiser oil.YES I have been using it in my 100 series cruiser, took some convincing to use it.Unlike you I didnt just ring I went to the factory to find out for myself. The people at Synforce were very proud to take me through their plant,all stainless steel,undercover and state of the art, and they explained how cruiser oil came to be and how it delivers what they state.I live in Maryborough,not far from Hervey bay and found it to be one of my local speed shops that did the tests.He assures me that the tests are genuine.Since using cruiser oil my 100 series runs much quieter has more power ( not sure in kw) and I now get on average an extra 60km per tank of fuel.Since talking to others I now find out there many very happy users of Cruiser Oil around.Dont know if Roachie has any qualifications or is he just a knocker of something he hasn't bothered to try himself.As you say since you live in Kadina why dont you put some money out and get the bloke to send you some, Im sure youl change youe attitude.....
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Roachie - Wednesday, Mar 03, 2004 at 23:37

Wednesday, Mar 03, 2004 at 23:37
G'day Dodge,
Mate I've just re-read my post from back in January to make sure I didn't stuff up..... but I'm buggared if I can see where I've been a "knocker" at all. Far from it; I was asking a genuine question as to whether anybody had tried this new oil. If you're referring to the dig about the name "cruiser oil instead of "patrol oil", well that was his joke; not mine...although I did initially ask him if it was designed to be used only in Landcruisers. He replied by saying "no it will work okay in any diesel motor, but would have sounded silly if I'd called it patrol oil" (or words to those effects).
I'm sorry if I came across as a knocker......I don't consider myself to be one; although I do admit to being sceptical at times. I'm glad you live close enough to have been able to go to the factory and check it out 1st hand. If I lived up there, I may well have done the same thing. I'm also glad that you've taken the trouble to post this message to let me (all of us) know of your personal experiences. It is exactly this sort of feedback that I was seeking in the first place, so that I can justify ordering some for my next oil change which will due in about a fortnight.
Thanks for that and I will give it a try....BTW, did you notice the fuel saving more or less straight away, or did it take a couple of oil changes?
Cheers,
Roachie
AnswerID: 49071

Reply By: Member - StevenL - Wednesday, Mar 03, 2004 at 23:55

Wednesday, Mar 03, 2004 at 23:55
Hey Dodge,

A major factor in my paticiption in this forum is to learn the mostly honest views and feedback from other forumites about various issues, ideas and products. Since i joined I have seen some lively discussions on products including Hi-Clone air flow thingies (general consensus is that it is a dud), Cobb cookers (big thumbs up - people started swapping recipies!) and an oil additive where there is some good some not so good comments and the jury may still be out.

The point is that as Roachie says, he was asking for genuine feedback. It is then up to each individual to assess the comments, good and bad, given the percived credibility of those making the comments, before deciding to use the product.

Your own feedback on this issue is just what people are looking for. You were in a position and took the time to visit the factory and see for yourself. Those of us in SA don't quite have the same opportunity and rely on others like tyou to give us the good oil. (pardon the pun!)

If we all just present our experiences for the benefit of others without criticicing if you don't agree then it will be a much more pleasant experience allround.

StevenLPlaydoe GXL TD Manual
It's on order, Delivery in April '04.
This pic will have to do till then. Can't wait!!!
AnswerID: 49075

Follow Up By: Dodge - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 21:09

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 21:09
StevenL and Roachie, hope I didnt sound to fired up with my reply it was late when i read the forum and I was caught a bit off guard.When I was making my own enquiries I had quite a few people tell me any synforce oil was c....p but no one could tell me why and those bagging it had never used it, thus the trip to the factory myself.In order to help guys like yourself & roachie be more settled with the validity of their claims i will endevour to find more uses that have the internet and post their findings.I also remember see on their counter a copy of a local news article about the oil with testemonials from users maybe the could e-mail it to you they say you can buy it all up the qld coast but movement into other states is taking time.

cheers,

Dodge
FollowupID: 311057

Reply By: Scott_G - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 19:43

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 19:43
The claims of 30% power and 12% torque increase are fraudulent or obtained by deceitful means
30% increase by changing the oil is fraud and could never ever be substantiated.
AnswerID: 49173

Follow Up By: Aussie 1 - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 21:54

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 21:54
g'day scott
FollowupID: 311061

Follow Up By: Aussie 1 - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 22:02

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 22:02
sorry ! g'day sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssscot
FollowupID: 311063

Sponsored Links