Prozone fuel gizmos

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 09:26
ThreadID: 10986 Views:7405 Replies:6 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all
Have noticed plenty of ads lately for the Prozone fuel saver.
Has anybody tried them and if so what is your opinion of their usefulness?

Good product or another 'snake oil' gadget?

Thanks for your thoughts
Hoffy.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 10:20

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 10:20
I have some swamp forsale..

Wanna buy a Hiclone??
AnswerID: 49100

Follow Up By: Roachie - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 10:26

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 10:26
I reckon if you fitted a Hi-Clone and one of these Fuel Saver gizzmos and use one of these new fan-dangled oils that gives you a huge % increase in mileage and a spoiler and a Uni Filter and an air ram to your snorkel etc etc etc....Well bloody hell, we all be getting about 40klicks to the litre if all their claims were true!! I'm not knocking; just a tad sceptical until I see the actual proof with my own 2 peepers.
Cheers,
Roachie
FollowupID: 310947

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 12:55

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 12:55
Im with you on that, if they were all that good, then manufacturers would install them INSTANTLY. they love to brag about outstanding fuel economy figures, and if they could make them better they would..

"Hi-Clone and one of these Fuel Saver gizzmos and use one of these new fan-dangled oils that gives you a huge % increase in mileage and a spoiler and a Uni Filter and an air ram to your snorkel..."

Only 40 to a ltr with this lot? I was gettin 150/ltr... and 1200hp at the wheels.
FollowupID: 310966

Reply By: ross - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 10:59

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 10:59
Why havent the big car companies picked it up?
Why dont the RAC and NRMA recommend them?
Why dont the Army/govt use them?

Once you decypher all the pseudo scientific babble you will find its just another carpet baggers scam.None of the other gadgets ever worked why should this one?
The companies that flog these are experts on consumer law and know just how much they can push before overstepping the mark.
Sure they offer a money back guarranty but most of the mechanicaly naive customers who buy them dont take off their rose coloured glasses until the guarranty runs out.
AnswerID: 49105

Follow Up By: swalf - Thursday, Apr 01, 2004 at 12:04

Thursday, Apr 01, 2004 at 12:04
Ross
I am the Manufacturer of the said snake oil (Prozone fuel conditioner)
We are not a huge company that are experts at law , we are a family just like yours making a living manufacturing in Queensland
If you are willing to contact me on the number on the prozone website www.prozone.com.au I will send you a unit for free $230 value for trial if it works you send me the money and retract your comments if it does not work throw it in the wpb
We already give a full 90 day satisaction money back guarantee no questions
This Product is nothing like the other products you have mentioned
because it does work
Trevor Brown

FollowupID: 314604

Follow Up By: ross - Thursday, Apr 01, 2004 at 14:02

Thursday, Apr 01, 2004 at 14:02
Thanks for your kind offer Trev but Im in the midst of a conversion from petrol to diesel which will take up considerable time and it would be innappropriate to add extras on until all the electrical and vacuum headaches are sorted out. I will reconsider your offer in the future although I understand its unlikely to be open ended.

In the meantime you could answer the 3 questions in the 1st paragraph of my original post.
Why havent the big car companies picked it up?
Why dont the RAC and NRMA recommend them?
Why dont the Army/govt use them?
I also have another query,Do you actually manufacture the product or is it manufactured in the UK as the Home site suggests

I also come aross this site after my post on 4/3/04
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/cains1/Fuel_saving.htm

I found the information on this site much more scientifically accurate than the limited snippets available on the home site of the device that you represent. The information is from an individual who is tertiary trained and has no apparent financial interests in his statements.

"This Product is nothing like the other products you have mentioned "
In fact magnetism and special substances are common ingrediants in "fuel saver devices" as you will see on the above site if you sroll down.
FollowupID: 314615

Reply By: Scott_G - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 11:02

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 11:02
mate along with your cruiser oil prozone hiclone snorkel magno fuel saver fuel additives oil additives you will become a major oil company and start to produce petrol while driving your motor vehicle
AnswerID: 49106

Reply By: ianmc - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 14:54

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 14:54
In the past there was the Pogue carb which gave about 200-300mpg it is said & other devices to vaporise petrol with heat & water vapour.
Some of these seemed to work but IT IS AGAINST THE LAW IN THE US to run a motor on an air fuel ratio less than about 15 to one which is the standard that most carbies handle.
The recent breakthroughs, if you call it that, are multi valve motors with variable valve timing allied to EFI systems but still there has only been a marginal improvement in miles per gallon/litre.
Many inventots in the past have suddenly shut up or disappeared and big oil controls the US govt and their implants such as Bush & Cheney are not about to open the legislation to make any breakthrough legal and insurable.
A quick look under the bonnet over there would result in your unapproved system being sidelined.
AnswerID: 49130

Reply By: Rick Blaine - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 15:56

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 15:56
Awwwwwwwwwwwww come on guys you're all just a little cynical.....I wish I was in your undies.. I've wet mine laughing. I was offered a gizmo that was guaranteed to give me a boost in K/watts of "at least 20%" at $1200... a snap. When I asked if I could get a refund if it didnt work they went silent...As everyone else has said.. if it worked as well as claimed car manufactures would be using them. Maybe Choice could buy them and test them and let us know the results...
AnswerID: 49144

Follow Up By: ross - Friday, Mar 05, 2004 at 11:20

Friday, Mar 05, 2004 at 11:20
The pogue carb is locked away in an underground bunker in area 51 with crashed UFOs, alien remains ect.This is because of the influence of the big oil companies. (;-(l)
FollowupID: 311117

Reply By: swalf - Friday, Apr 02, 2004 at 07:32

Friday, Apr 02, 2004 at 07:32
(1)
Contrary to your belief the car manufacturers today are not interested in after market products that prolong the life of their vehicles simply on a cost basis, they already get what they want from the vehicles so you will buy a new one sooner and lets face it the rest of a car usually falls apart before the engine fails
That view is only a personal guess I don't have any fact to back that up
But After approaching large Ausie manufacturers with dyno figures and a deal they can't refuse they won't even test any fuel saver units, we don't know why maybe they have been burnt with "snake oil" before ( Peter Brocks polarizer)
But now the good news just last week we were approached by Peugeot and kia to supply 600,000 units for their o/seas assembly plants they have been testing for 8 months

(2) RACQ refuse to even test any fuel conditioners even if we pay, even if we don't pay
Go figure that better still ring them and ask them
But the question still remains why do their agents fit and swear by our fuel savers?

(3) Army and governments are a difficult nut to crack We pass (too hard)

(4) Manufactured in Queensland on the sunshine coast we have a 750 sq metre factory with cnc lathes running 24 hours a day trying to keep up supply
The licence to manufacture was purchased from prozone uk

Any visit to our factory to participate in watching the snake oil being boiled is welcome

Best Regards
Trevor Brown
AnswerID: 52903

Sponsored Links