Synforce Cruiser oil

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 11:10
ThreadID: 10989 Views:6362 Replies:6 FollowUps:13
This Thread has been Archived
G'day guys, Synforce Cruiser Oil, yes it does work but we must be reminded of a few things. The 12% increase in torque is the maximum increase according to "peak performance" curves from the dyno tests. That was the maximum increase experienced at the back wheels, so do not be too concerned with the 30% increase in power as it is the grunt at the back wheels that is all important.
You must realise to get more grunt, you must reduce friction and the benefits here are obvious, ie less wear, less energy used (fuel) to produce the same output.
To clear up a few misconceptions, viscosity is the measurement of flow under gravity, expressed in "centrestokes" and converted to SAE by standard chart.
Resistance to flow relates to oil pressure as that what oil pressure is. Oil pressure is related to viscosity only because the thicker the fluid is, the more resistance to flow is experienced .. that means greater oil pressure.
More technical stuff can be got from the Synforce web site (www.synforce.com.au) that will explain the above and more better.
Do not believe that the major oil companies cannot produce an equivilant to Cruiser Oil, they can, but most probably will not as the overall market is not big enough to interest them in change away from their current thinking.
regards to roche, dave, emu, dodge and all the others, great to see healthy discussion.
Aussie1
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Scott_G - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 11:31

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 11:31
you need to know how they come to make these type claims that are deceitful and consequently fraudulent
if you put say a straight SAE50 into any engine then test the power output and then drain the oil and put in a lightweight multigrade oil you can achieve these same type deceitful and fraudulent claims
for the claims to be proved they need to be independently done by a certified authority
the claims are typical backyard claims with no basis or reality of proof or science
AnswerID: 49109

Follow Up By: Aussie 1 - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 12:05

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 12:05
hey scot-g, the claims were made and PROVEN by an indipendant tester, the comparrisons being done on 15w/40 grade oils, not a 50 to a 30 as you sugest may have happened.
I do not see any fraudulent claims here but only an attempt by yourself to blatantly try and discredit the product, which leads me to suspect you have a commercial interest that is being undermined by the product.
why are you so bitter and eager to give false reasoning, what do you have against a small australian owned company showing it can do things better than the foreign owned multi-nationals.
FollowupID: 310955

Follow Up By: Scott_G - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 12:44

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 12:44
i have no connection with any commercial interests on oil
where are these supposed proven independent tests
easy to sprout garbage now deliver the proof
i do not care who the company is or how big or small they are
the claims are ridiculous and fraudulent
FollowupID: 310963

Follow Up By: Aussie 1 - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 13:02

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 13:02
scott, the test reports can be gained by emailing them and they will email them back to you. There is the proof now it is up to you to get it if you want.
Please give at least some basis for YOUR statements, scientific or other, as i have asked for. No real basis so far from you but plenty from them, where are you at, and why.
Have you tried the product ? i suspect no.
are you qualified to make your profound statements, i suspect no.
it is time to put up or shut up as you have caused a lot of flack on this subject, i suspect you can't put up or neither shut up.
shame scott-g, shame.
see you aussie 1
FollowupID: 310967

Reply By: The Banjo - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 12:25

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 12:25
Here we go.......it should be said that virtually every customer knows absolutely nothing about the products sold by the mainstream oil makers ! They simply buy the stuff with a measure of faith and hope, drawing some comfort from the fact that the big players have a reputation to protect (why would they market dodgy product or make silly claims ?.... er.....well some do probably). If someone wants to put their faith in a small, new producer, damned if I can see much difference from what I do with Castrol....its all hope. Is "magnetic attraction" special, new, real or hype ? Is Magnatec the only oil that gives you "total protection from the time you turn the key ?" Have Castrol hit on something with oils that others wish they had ? Or might it be that the only thing Castrol have to protect there is the slogan (and not the oil) ? I'm going to check out Synforce !I need red sand under me.
AnswerID: 49116

Follow Up By: Roachie - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 13:24

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 13:24
Well, Dodge had a bit of a shot at me a few posts ago (yesterday), but also gave me some compelling reasons to "avagomate".......so that's what I've done today.
I phoned Synforce in Qld this morning and ordered 20 litres of Cruiser Oil. It's not cheap @ around $58- for 10 litres + over $16- to get it here to country SA.....So I've put my money (about $150-) where my mouth is. My next 2 oil changes in the 4.2T/D GU Patrol will be done with this stuff (note I always change my filters at every change too....can't see the point of putting nice clean oil through dirty filters).
I'll submit my thoughts in due course.
Cheers,
Roachie
FollowupID: 310975

Follow Up By: sean - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 16:16

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 16:16
Roachie

why dont you have an oil wear analysis done with the oil going out and the cruiser oil when that also goes out.

I think you can get a test kit from Mobil and you collect the oil into their contrainers and they send you the results. Then you have proof on whether it is better than what you are using. It will indicate wear and viscosity when the oil is changed.

Sean
FollowupID: 310995

Follow Up By: Roachie - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 16:36

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 16:36
Sean,
Sounds like a good idea. Do you know how much that would be likely to set me back?
Cheers,
Roachie
FollowupID: 310996

Follow Up By: Viola - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 17:44

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 17:44
Darling dear Roachie it is a awful long way to go for a claim dear
Darling I would give it to my Archie if it gave him 30% more stick
Darling just think how much more torque it would give Archie for screwing things up dear oh hoo
FollowupID: 311006

Follow Up By: Dodge - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 23:00

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 23:00
Hey Roachie, thanx for being an ocker not a Knocker I reckon if you get the same advantages as I did you will be suitably impressed.I too thought the price was touching on high but with my calculations in fuel savings over the service period I will have saved more money than if I had purchased a cheaper more known brand. This way I give less to the multinationals cause they own the fuel as well !!

Would like to see more Ocker supporters instead of Knockers.

Waiting to here about your trials and if you do the oil testing would like to hear about that too.Most trucking shops would probably have test kits as my cousin does scheduled oil testing/ preventative maintenance on his truck--costs about $45 he says.Might do the same myself,for intrests sake.

If it works might have to change Nissan badges to Cruiser ones Ha! Ha!
Cheers
Dodge
FollowupID: 311079

Reply By: Well 55 - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 14:16

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 14:16
I think Scott-G has a axe to grind over something otherwise what's he bitter and twisted about.

Any product is worth a chance unless proven otherwise, Iv'e got a mate up there and I will get him to check it out for my peice of mind before I use it.

It will be used in Tractors and 4WD's if it stacks up ok.
AnswerID: 49126

Reply By: Member - Bradley- Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 15:05

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 15:05
Hi all, just keep in mind that there are only a few companies that produce the 'base' stock oils that every other oil is made from( additives etc. added).

as long as the cruiser oil is made from a new base oil then it should be ok, i personally have previously given my views re the dyno tests, so no repeat there.

most popular (and reccommended oil companies) buy in all of their base stock from major refiners, and then blend and add from there. Same for grease, only 7 factories in world that produce grease. everyone else mixy mixy....

As long as synforce are prepared to back the quality of their product then all is well, as opposed to one very popular brand here on the forum that dont even list any spec ratings on their product on the bottle...yeah lets not even mention what garbage the dealers put in that half the time isn't even the right spec !!

The major makers all have top quality gear but you have to pay the premium for it, which most people won't do, i know of one engine oil that is on the shelf at around $90 for 4 litres, suffice to say it's an awesome product but doesent sell well. same for gear oils etc, i've got a drum of syn gear oil at home that is $20 per litre COST price, suffice to say i wont buy that product retail, if i had to.

if you like it , use it , simple........
AnswerID: 49134

Follow Up By: Aussie 1 - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 15:22

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 15:22
g'day Bradley, good to hear from some one who displays some knowledge of the facts, i concur fully. aussie 1
FollowupID: 310991

Reply By: chrisfrd - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 16:08

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 16:08
Actually,

I'd go farther than this... If the manufacturer applies the "Compliant with API xxxxx. CF-xxxxx ACEA-xxxxx" and the manufacturer of the engine states that you must use "API-abc" and no other, then YOU have invalidated your warranty.

Caveat Emptor applies!

If, however, both matched and the engine blew, then you start knocking on the oil manufacturers door, asking that they replace the engine under their liability insurance, only if their product was tested and proven not to perform to the stated mark.

Australia also has adopted the ISO standard for testing and rating lubricants. A product must be tested and achieve the advertised ISO standard.

The current standards are available from the ISO website or through www.australianstandards.com.au.

If any company provides a lubricant that does not apply to the relevant ISO standards, then they SHALL be in breach of trading standards! They can be sued! I would sue any person that provided me products or services on fraudulent information, you should too.

Subjectively now... In saying that, I prefer synthetic oil bases, as they don't suffer from as much degredation in high-stress environments, that are found in multi-valve high-pressure diesel engines. I used to use Penrite HPR-Deisel Light, but now that I've moved to South AUstralia, I'm finding it hard to obtain.

If this product, bull bleep -disregarded (in otherwords ignore all sales pitches and ask for factual technical documentation on the product, including any test results based on calibrated test equipment) works, then I would consider changing to it.
AnswerID: 49146

Reply By: The Publican - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 17:34

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 17:34
sounds and looks like 100% snake oil
the website explains nothing
I agree sounds like fraudulent manure from an ex HIH insurance sales person
AnswerID: 49157

Follow Up By: Dodge - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 21:42

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 21:42
sounds to me like your as the world calls us the typical Ozzie Knocker,
Yes because of people like you the WORLD knows that if Australians know nothing about an item, weather it be oils or anything the will automatically knock it. I took the time to check it out and it meets all API and SAE specs so I gave it a try,Guess what I'm impressed. I admit the name and claims got me to at least have a look,now my landcruiser has never run so well.If you feel the website tells you nothing why not e-mail them to answer what the site didnt tell you before blabing your unwarrented opinion.If it is snake iol its the best bloody snake oil ive used..

Cheers
Dodge

FollowupID: 311060

Follow Up By: Aussie 1 - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 22:05

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 22:05
go dodge
FollowupID: 311065

Follow Up By: William - Friday, Mar 05, 2004 at 09:33

Friday, Mar 05, 2004 at 09:33
They say there are suckers born everyday

FollowupID: 311105

Follow Up By: chrisfrd - Friday, Mar 05, 2004 at 10:21

Friday, Mar 05, 2004 at 10:21
I think that "The Publican" needs to get an objective opinion.

Although I actively dislike this companies promotion, their technical specifications for their product aren't too bad!

I'd like to see more of the product specs, including a NATA accredited test of the product on calibrated equipment.

Chris
FollowupID: 311108

Sponsored Links