Birdsville Track

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 11:27
ThreadID: 10990 Views:1987 Replies:3 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
G'd morning all. Nice day. The SA Roads maintenance gang are starting at the Queensland border and working their way south grading the Birdsville Track. A gas tanker came in this a.m. to re-fuel the town generator tank (1 on gas and 2 run on diesel) - he came up the Track and only water is at Pandie Pandie/Clifton Hills boundary where it is 5 inches deep and about as wide as a road. Spoke to National Parks at Port Augusta yesterday about their Desert Parks Bulletin and there will be a new one issued this morning - stating eastern access to SD is now open.
Weather very pleasant - 24 this a.m. - light NE blowing.These are Diamantina Barra (Yellowbelly)
GO HARD OR GO HOME
(2nd Photo - Old Causeway Feb 04)
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Michelle from ExplorOz - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 12:10

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 12:10
We got the new Desert Parks Bulletin 253 last night, the advantage of being in WA 3 hrs behind everyone else is that we got it published yesterday. See our Road Conditions - SA page. Oh and as I write, another bulletin 254 just came in. Juliana will be in a few hours time so it we'll update the report then too.

Thanks for the grading info Ruth - I'll have Juliana update the reports too. Please just drop me a direct email if you can when you've road condition info to ensure I don't miss your forum reports.ExplorOz
AnswerID: 49114

Follow Up By: Member - Ruth D (QLD) - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 13:02

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 13:02
Will do a proper report for your Michelle, now that the roads are opening up Will send direct.These are Diamantina Barra (Yellowbelly)
GO HARD OR GO HOME
FollowupID: 310969

Reply By: Member - Andrew & Jen (Melb) - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 12:55

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 12:55
Sounds like it will be just right by easter for us to visit. Should be perfect weather wise, water wise, countryside wise, fishing wise, road nice and graded and Ian will have practised up on his famous coffee!
Andrew2001 Landcruiser 100S Turbo Diesel
"We do not stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing"
AnswerID: 49118

Follow Up By: Member - Ruth D (QLD) - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 13:06

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 13:06
Even in Paradise there is always a little hiccup - this weekend would be a good time to practise with the tiddlywinks getting used to their fly veils! We worked in our greenhouse from 8:00 this a.m. and couldn't do without the fly veil. We wear ours over straw hats (much cooler and breathe) - those tractor caps are useless out here - just too hot and the back of your neck gets burned. Everyone looks like a dork - so! (I wish you luck convincing the kids though). Looking forward to seeing you all.These are Diamantina Barra (Yellowbelly)
GO HARD OR GO HOME
FollowupID: 310971

Follow Up By: Member - Andrew & Jen (Melb) - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 13:12

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 13:12
I might get it out and try it on Kaitlyn now - my cute little three year old. I am doing pretty well in the dork department already - I can just see Jens face when I tell her we are going to arrive at Little Desert tomorrow with fly veils over our faces. She would rather die. I enjoyed wearing one in the bakery at Mansfield last weekend. Had bought one down the street and thought I would try it on. Funny thing - I wore the stupid thing but Jen went bright red!! Whats going on there!!
Andrew

(Actually Maaaaaaaaaa could do with one to keep the flies off the corners of her mouth where that drool collects)2001 Landcruiser 100S Turbo Diesel
"We do not stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing"
FollowupID: 310974

Follow Up By: Member - Des Lexik(SA) - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 14:09

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 14:09
Andrew, me thinks you have a very good life insurance policy and these posts are entered by Jen under your name with the expectation of an early collection of said life insurance policy.I'd rather have my bum on a beach in Broome
Than be stuck here in this damn room.
FollowupID: 310984

Follow Up By: Member - Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 14:35

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 14:35
Andrew....you do like to live dangerously...hmmmm...I might be forgiving...but I"m not forgetful...remember that...ALWAYS !!!
FollowupID: 310988

Reply By: Member - Ruth D (QLD) - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 15:52

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 15:52
Mr Kitty just let me use the computer - he lies between the computer and the keyboard with his head on the mouse in case it moves. Gosh, Andrew, you do live dangerously - imagine saying that about Maaaaaaaa. You could wake up at LD with a nice combination of honey/baby power in your bed! Or locked in the long-drop. Or, if they have those porta-loos on wheels, locked in and driven about 5 klms down the road and left there. Imagine what Jenelle would like to do to you?
Signed: From one Dork to another.
AnswerID: 49143

Sponsored Links