site/trip reports?

Submitted: Thursday, Oct 30, 2014 at 22:23
ThreadID: 109995 Views:1673 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi fellow travellers, have just crossed nullabor with jayco and navara and are now staying in an adelaide c/park. we have found most c/parks and stops nice , but have noticed a few managers/parks get incorrect trip advisor type reports on net and they are amazed at the misinformation. there is apparently a right of reply , but few managers bother because of bieng very busy or risk of degenerating into a slanging match.
just wish to mention that write ups in these forums arent always accurate or true and can be biased. i have personally stayed in some of these parks during trip ( albany,esperance....)and saw no reason for some of the poor online comments.
PS: have not done a blog of trip as nullabor is 'been there done that 'for most c/vanners.
MG.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Beatit (QLD) - Friday, Oct 31, 2014 at 10:48

Friday, Oct 31, 2014 at 10:48
Nice photo Mike. I haven't done the Nullarbor yet and will look forward to that experience. The problem is that everyone seems to have a unique experience and if you are happy staying in van parks that is great but there is a park element that has not connected well with travellers (the client). Some have been copping some bad press because of their outspoken position on free camping which has been seen as a selfish grab of the tourist dollar without much regards of the benefits tourists bring to the community as a whole.

It is a subject that polarises the camps and that is unfortunate as there would be some common ground to be found. There are lots of threads to both arguments and I would imagine that those reporting on their trip will highlight both positives and negatives experiences to inform future travellers. This may seem like misinformation to the parks but if they don't reply then it is just information on which travellers will base decisions.

Kind regards
AnswerID: 541122

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Friday, Oct 31, 2014 at 11:34

Friday, Oct 31, 2014 at 11:34
Trip Advisor is generally a mainstream travel website whereas for camping/caravanning you could argue that you would get better information from a dedicated site for camping/caravanning such as here on ExplorOz.

Places on ExplorOz is a multi-featured database listing over 80000 POIs including caravan parks, campgrounds, free camps, P-Bays, station stays and much more complete with GPS position, photos, driving directions, zoomable maps, and traveller reviews and comments. We tend to find that the comments posted by travellers here are fair and reasonable. We also have caravan park operators contacting us direct with updates etc or they can edit the listing themselves when things change. This is a free service to operators and consumers.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 541126

Sponsored Links