Savero Tyres

Submitted: Thursday, May 09, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1103 Views:3208 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Anybody know much about them? They were on my Surf when I bought it nearly 12 months ago, and although I havent had any problems or had any complaints about them I suspect that they were purchased as a cheap job lot by the dealer. They are Indonesian and made by Gauteng. Although still relatively new, I am already looking down the track towards their eventual replacements, and need to purchase a replacement spare soon as this wasnt included in the compliancing it would seem. It seems that tyres are a very emotive subject, that leaves new comers like me baffled. The current Savero's are 31x10.5 R15 A/T, and although I do mostly city driving, I do go out with a club that tackles all sorts of conditions as often as I can. I suppose I am after a good road tyre that can handle a wide variety of conditions and wont cost me the earth and that lasts forever. Is that really too much to ask? I have my flak jacket and helmet on ready.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Tony Ellery - Thursday, May 09, 2002 at 00:00

Thursday, May 09, 2002 at 00:00
Chris, Ive got a 1993 4Runner, with same size tyres.Mine are Olympic Overlander A/Ts. They perform reasonable well on road, although sometime feel a bit 'nervous' in light rain. They have a good chunky tread pattern which I've found pretty good off-road, especially getting up slippery creek banks (track crossings, of course).

I don't know about the cost, as they were on the truck when I bought it 14 months ago. I've done about 16,000km so far, including a 4,000km two week trek to the Flinders including some 4WD playing and the hardly appear worn.

Have fun off the road!
AnswerID: 3434

Reply By: Jethro - Saturday, May 11, 2002 at 00:00

Saturday, May 11, 2002 at 00:00
Chris, I had the same size Saveros on a heavy Phoenix Off-road caravan, & they wore out fairly quickly. The walls are also fairly thin, I had one cut from a rock on the Gibb River road. I changed to BF Goodrich All Terrain TA's, same as on my Disco, with no more probs. On the car they last 60000km. The bead extends out over the edge of the rim to protect it, so that if you take a while to stop after a blowout, the rim won't be buggered! Whatever you get, shop around. It's amazing how the prices vary. Cheers.
AnswerID: 3457

Reply By: Shane - Friday, Jun 07, 2002 at 00:00

Friday, Jun 07, 2002 at 00:00
I am running the same size savero's in muds on my 91 GQ patrol took them to the cape last year 7500 k of hard work with heavy loads and use them on my stell rims for club runs . I will put them on my mags and just have one set next time.
AnswerID: 4075

Sponsored Links